***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*CLOSED* Russian Website Parts Auto-loker GB

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:07 am

EOI for centre lip in W37 white - shipping to Sydney NSW, thanks guys. Subject to ABS temp confirmation and price (newborns cost a lot I am finding!).

Just a note for those considering the 'DRL' - they are not DRL - they are not bright enough. Further, they would need to be E Makred, marked on the lens with an 'RL' and wired such that they come on with ignition and turn off with headlights in order to comply with ADRs 13/00 and 76/00. Just a note to inform, not saying don't get them or anything, they look quite nice, but arent real DRL.
ClubCJ's first Sportback

Fisherrr
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Fisherrr » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:48 pm

DRL REGULATIONS

RUSSIA:
Russian national regulations which come into operation from 23 september 2010 required use of lowbeam or DRL anytime anywhere. DRL should have intensivity from 400 to 800 cd and lighted surface square 40 cm2. Currently only lowbeam are required outside of the towns (so DRL couldn't be used instead lowbeam).

AUSTRALIA:
DRLs are permitted but not required in Australia, though Australian automotive authorities are interested in introducing DRL requirements.

WHAT IS PERMITTED IN AUSTRALIA by ADR:
7. INTENSITY OF LIGHT
7.1. The intensity of the light emitted by each lamp shall be not less than 400 cd in the axis of reference.
7.2. Outside the reference axis, in each direction corresponding to the points in the light distribution table reproduced in annex 3 to this Regulation, the intensity of the light emitted by each lamp shall be not less than the product of the minimum specified in paragraph 7.1 above by the percentage specified in the said table for the direction in question.
7.3. The intensity of the light emitted shall not be more than 800 cd in any direction.
7.4. In the case of a lamp containing more than one light source the lamp shall comply with the minimum intensity required when any one light source has failed and when all light sources are illuminated the maximum intensity shall not be exceeded.
8. ILLUMINATING SURFACE
The area of the illuminating surface shall be not less than 40 cm2.

CONCLUSION:

THE REGULATIONS ARE THE SAME ON THE DRL INTENSITY. EXCEPT THAT DRLs are REQUIRED to be lit during daytime in the OLD WORLD.

Links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daytime_running_lamp
http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/Legisla ... RLI%5D.doc

! I DON'T THINK THAT IT WILL TAKE LONG TIME BEFORE AUS GOV WILL TAKE AN ACTION FOR DRLS AS COMPULSORY LIGHTING. IT IS A WORLD TENDENCY. JUST A MATTER OF TIME. MAYBE A GOOD INVESTMENT :?:

Fisherrr
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Fisherrr » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:59 pm

AJjnr86 wrote:Also quickly, what temp range is their ABS plastic rated at? Won't help us any if it's not made for our temps

Yes, I see mate, you are afraid to get icicles from Russia. I'll double check operational temperatures of their plastic. :lol:

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:32 pm

Thanks Nick, yea, just don't wanna have the lip warp on me in the Aussie heat :)
I would rather pay for a good ABS plastic lip, and these look like they r just that

OHH YEA!!!!

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:49 am

Bandit wrote:....(newborns cost a lot I am finding!)

Even worse with two little ones.... :shock:

So many things I'd love from this website, but so little money to spend.... :cry:

I'm really keen on the rear roof spoiler and the bumper protector strip but am worried about postage and if painting is included in the price
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

foreshadow
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby foreshadow » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:45 am

Put me down for a EOI for the following depending on shipping ect.

REAR DIFFUSER (single tip)
FRONT CENTRE LIP
LIGHTED LOGOS
DRL

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:05 am

Fisherrr wrote:DRL REGULATIONS

THE REGULATIONS ARE THE SAME ON THE DRL INTENSITY. EXCEPT THAT DRLs are REQUIRED to be lit during daytime in the OLD WORLD.

to comply with the ADR, the DRL lens will need to be stamped with an 'E' mark approval number and also 'RL'. If they have these and are wired correctly there should be no issue. Maybe you can ask the sellers to send a close up picture of the lens to confirm. If they dont have these they are not DRL and are auxilliary lights and I am not sure how Const. Plod will treat them if they want to get narky.

As I said above, I am not trying to be a party pooper, but I have DRL for both my cars (including CJ lancer) and they are much brighter than what the ones in the picture appear to be. Don't let me stop you putting them on though, cos they look quite nice and match the car well!
ClubCJ's first Sportback

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:27 pm

Bandit wrote:
Fisherrr wrote:DRL REGULATIONS

to comply with the ADR, the DRL lens will need to be stamped with an 'E' mark approval number and also 'RL'. If they have these and are wired correctly there should be no issue. Maybe you can ask the sellers to send a close up picture of the lens to confirm. If they dont have these they are not DRL and are auxilliary lights and I am not sure how Const. Plod will treat them if they want to get narky.

As I said above, I am not trying to be a party pooper, but I have DRL for both my cars (including CJ lancer) and they are much brighter than what the ones in the picture appear to be. Don't let me stop you putting them on though, cos they look quite nice and match the car well!

need to be an accetable E mark for Australia, yes they do accept a fair few but not all.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:01 pm

There is a list of accepted E marks in ADR 76/00.
ClubCJ's first Sportback

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:27 pm

Please can we not turn this thread into a shitfight about DRL legislation ... there's 5 other threads about that if anyone wants to post there :)
GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

Tenjho
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Tenjho » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:54 pm

im also interested in the following depending on shipping

REAR DIFFUSER (single tip)
FRONT CENTRE LIP

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:43 pm

Hey ofey, count me out for the rear diffuser. Too many other things to spend my money on atm and I just don't think we are going to get it cheap enough. I'll keep my eye on this thread though. I'm still dead keen for the centre lip *biggrin1*
Like my car? Follow my fitness blog!

http://www.littleguylifting.com/

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:29 am

draevon wrote:Please can we not turn this thread into a shitfight about DRL legislation ... there's 5 other threads about that if anyone wants to post there :)

I dunno why you reckon there is a "shit fight" going on. Everyone posting about has agreed so far and I was just letting more recent people that have visited the site know about the rules...... :roll:
ClubCJ's first Sportback

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:18 am

Itachi wrote:Hey ofey, count me out for the rear diffuser. Too many other things to spend my money on atm and I just don't think we are going to get it cheap enough. I'll keep my eye on this thread though. I'm still dead keen for the centre lip *biggrin1*

I think that was an unnecessary comment.
Buy what you want and what's within your means.
You can probably judge the price by looking at the price they're offering for the part already. IF you can't even match that price, don't bother EOI-ing

EOI then saying "it's not going to be cheap enough" is just out of context.

Live within your means.
There are shit loads of things I want and I organise all kinds of group buys but you don't see me partaking in EVERYTHING?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:31 pm

I meant no offence by that comment and I am sure that you will sort out a very good deal for the club.

This is my personal situation and my personal opinion and in the interest of not boring everyone with my life story I kept my earlier post short. However I can see how the comment can come across negatively without knowing my context, but I did not intend it to be that way.

When I said it wont be cheap enough that was a totally subjective comment relating to my specific situation.

Live within your means.

This is within my means but it is also within my rights to withdraw at the EOI stage.

Again I apologize if I have offended you because I think you are a great asset to the club and have already helped me out in the short time I have been here.
Like my car? Follow my fitness blog!

http://www.littleguylifting.com/

Return to “Group Buys Service”