***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*FOR SALE*- OEM Black tail lights

Want to sell something, Post it up and sell it here. *Conditions Apply- Please read - http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=2085

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:14 pm

Can you post up the box dimensions or calculate shipping to Sydney (postcode 2000)?

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Just a suggestion, I've always been shipping tail lamps around australia using Transdirect? You can probably get one set sent for A$27.80 from VIC to NSW.

If you go with AusPost, it would cost about A$22.90 insured and registered. Not worth the savings if you ask me. Go with the courier.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:53 pm

For the sake of transparency to the other guys on this forum I think you should take a photo to confirm what they look like (e.g. is it the same as this one? http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3269/305 ... 9329_b.jpg )

Also, may want to make a note that you're selling on the contingency you buy your LED tail lights and require a cash deposit upfront without any real time frame.

I've PM'd you btw.

rayray
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby rayray » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:47 pm

*BUMP* come on guys! id like to sell these quickly!

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:19 am

I think it's worth clarifying the timing of when you expect the sale to complete and any other unique t&c to this sale thread.

Good luck with the sale but remember your sales price is also competing with other people who were tossing up between the RA lights and the LED tail lamps too :)
Last edited by JaCe on Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:46 am

ofey wrote:Just a suggestion, I've always been shipping tail lamps around australia using Transdirect? You can probably get one set sent for A$27.80 from VIC to NSW.

If you go with AusPost, it would cost about A$22.90 insured and registered. Not worth the savings if you ask me. Go with the courier.

what different about using auspost, what you have said unless something has been missed from your post its cheaper to go with aus post so why use the courier?
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:59 am

Blakey wrote:
ofey wrote:Just a suggestion, I've always been shipping tail lamps around australia using Transdirect? You can probably get one set sent for A$27.80 from VIC to NSW.

what different about using auspost, what you have said unless something has been missed from your post its cheaper to go with aus post so why use the courier?

The Difference is about A$5.

When you send by auspost the sorting machines they use do drop the item from a height of up to 100cm. Even with parcels. I don't see A$5 as being worth the risk. Couriers rarely use industrial size sorting machines.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

customundo
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby customundo » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:26 pm

JaCe wrote:Mate with the price/conditions (even the ones in the PM) it's still pretty pricey considering the current economic environment and the cost of buying brand new RA lamps from the states.

You gotta accept the fact that you have factory parts which pretty much everyone has (other than the first gen CJ Lancer buyers) and you want the buyer of your used lamps to pretty much cover the cost of you buying brand new LED tail lamps. If that's the case, the only people you're really able to sell to are those who have first gen CJ Lancers (or someone who's smashed both their tail lights themselves) and you don't think we've also been looking at the LED tail lamp prices? ;)

i can testify to that as i have a 1st gen model - i broke one of my rear lights and the first thought that came to my mind was you beauty, time for LED's!

ps: i did not break my rear lights on purpose

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:46 pm

JaCe wrote:Mate with the price/conditions (even the ones in the PM) it's still pretty pricey considering the current economic environment and the cost of buying brand new RA lamps from the states.

You gotta accept the fact that you have factory parts which pretty much everyone has (other than the first gen CJ Lancer buyers) and you want the buyer of your used lamps to pretty much cover the cost of you buying brand new LED tail lamps. If that's the case, the only people you're really able to sell to are those who have first gen CJ Lancers (or someone who's smashed both their tail lights themselves) and you don't think we've also been looking at the LED tail lamp prices? ;)

Jace, I don't quite agree with your post.

Firstly for aftermarket parts, I don't think there's such a thing as current economic environment. Most parts still sell for the same price regardless. Our dollar is stronger in some cases but you make your money in A$ and he's selling in A$ so no difference there. And as for buying a set from the US, the choice is there isn't there? I recently bought an Amazon Kindle. I paid A$225 to get one from the Amazon in the US. Australian Sellers on eBay are listing them A$278. I'm not going to post them and try and make a case that their price doesn't match even Amazon's. I just buy from where the lowest price is.

rthieu is offering his tail lamps for a price (from what you say, I'm suspecting he's selling at anywhere between 350 and 370 delivered).
He's fully entitled to list them for whatever price he feels he wants for them. You can either buy them or not. It does come across that you sound pretty sour that the price doesn't agree with you. The last line is really unnecessary. So you have to accept the fact that he's the seller and he can list at a price. As for the point of LEDs, some people don't like them and some would also pay more to get stock clear lens.

By posting what you have, it almost seems like you're telling others NOT to buy as this item is overpriced. He sent a price to you in a PM but you chose to go public with it and pretty much dissed his price. So in a way you've ruined this sale thread for him. How do you suppose he's going to sell it now? Only by reducing his price which seems to play straight into what you've suggested.

My 2 cents.

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:08 pm

Sorry for damaging your For Sale thread Ray.

Even though it did come across as bitter like Irving mentioned (and in your extensive PM to me Ray), I was remarking because you were bumping this thread to attract attention to it and hence why I responded with an explanation as to why you may not be getting buyers.

Either way, good luck with the sale. It is a cheap price considering you're already in Australia and hence the shipping cost is much less.

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:38 pm

Thanks again for updating the thread Ray. Transparency and 'keeping the records in the public' I feel are the best way to go about selling things on forums.

ps. I have PM'd you an offer (on the assumption the tail lamps are in good condition with no marks/blemishes). Please let me know what you think :)

Return to “For Sale Section”