***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Hello from the Surf Coast.

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

os1so
INACTIVE Member Account

Hello from the Surf Coast.

Postby os1so » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:42 am

Hi Club CJ, my names Paul, I live on the surf coast, i,m in the middle of buying a new Activ, just trying to pick a colour, (waiting to hear back what there is available). So I was just trawling the net when I came across the site, spent a little while reading the info on here, and it seems like a good site with a good bunch of people.
So Image

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:01 am

Hey Paul,

Welcome to the club, ull love ur new car and there r lots of ppl here that will help u out with any questions u have

OHH YEA!!!!

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:04 am

Hello and Welcome.

as for colour alll i can say is RALLY RED FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

dont listen to all these colour blind people saying that Blue is the best colour ITS NOT.

What mods have you got planned that will help with picking a colour too

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:13 am

Welcome to the club Paul.

Colour is a personal choose. I think all the Lancer colours are good. Only thing to consider is how much you like washing cars and if you leave it in the sun. The dark colour are hot and show the dirt. On the other hand the lighter colours are easier to maintain but some see them as a little boring.

Best of luck and post some pictures when you get the car.

If you have any more questions just ask and some one will help.

os1so
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby os1so » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:23 am

Thanks for the welcome guys, will post pictures when we get it, as for the colour its all down to the colour's available according to the sales guy there are only a few activ's left, and only in limited colour's ( could just be salesman talk )

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:34 am

os1so wrote:Thanks for the welcome guys, will post pictures when we get it, as for the colour its all down to the colour's available according to the sales guy there are only a few activ's left, and only in limited colour's ( could just be salesman talk )

Paul I would personally push for a MY11 model and get exactly what you want. I would only get the active if it was at a second hand price as it is now an old model.

os1so
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby os1so » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:56 am

Hi Aspir3, we had a look at the lancer sx, you just don't get the extras you get with the activ, the vr is out of our price range at the mo, so its the activ or a lower specked sx ? as for the price, we are getting it for the same as the sx. I do know what your saying, it had gone though my mind, quite a bit, but I'm gambling on in 3-5 years time it may hold its value a bit better than the sx?
life's to short to care what anyone thinks

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:09 am

Welcome to the club. Just to give you a rough pricing guide have a look at this thread http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=130254

If you do go for the Activ, make sure you get a decently discounted price as it is "old" i.e. MY10 not MY11 model which only got released in the last couple of months. Dealers tend to get bigger rebates from Mitsubishi to "run out" the "old" stock so you're in a better position to bargain. :D
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

os1so
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby os1so » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:49 am

VRX_Pete wrote:Welcome to the club. Just to give you a rough pricing guide have a look at this thread http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=130254

If you do go for the Activ, make sure you get a decently discounted price as it is "old" i.e. MY10 not MY11 model which only got released in the last couple of months. Dealers tend to get bigger rebates from Mitsubishi to "run out" the "old" stock so you're in a better position to bargain. :D

Hi VRX_Pete, thanks for the warm welcome.
What would you guys call a decent discount? we did our best, we went to 4 dealers and the best price we got for the Activ was $25000 for, auto, met paint, plus full tank of fuel, no one would better that when we asked and we did play one against the other to get the best deal. I'm i paying to much?

RyanMK
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby RyanMK » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:12 pm

os1so wrote:
Hi VRX_Pete, thanks for the warm welcome.
What would you guys call a decent discount? we did our best, we went to 4 dealers and the best price we got for the Activ was $25000 for, auto, met paint, plus full tank of fuel, no one would better that when we asked and we did play one against the other to get the best deal. I'm i paying to much?

To give you an idea. I got my Lancer Activ for 24k back in June. Auto, pearlescent paint, rear sensors, mats and full tank. That was before the MY11 models were out.

So i reckon you can still get a better deal. Bargain! :D

os1so
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby os1so » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:14 pm

I've tried to get a better deal, i walked away from 2 with no joy! why are the dealers around here not moving on the price? is it a sellers market at he mo?

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:30 pm

os1so wrote:I've tried to get a better deal, i walked away from 2 with no joy! why are the dealers around here not moving on the price? is it a sellers market at he mo?

Prices will very from state to state. If dealers need to get rid of stock then they will lower their prices and some time Mitsubishi Australia give incentives to dealers to sell old stock.

In the end it is a bit of a lottery. The most important thing is to get a deal you are happy with and then forget about what could have been. In the end you will have a beautiful car.

os1so
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby os1so » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:22 pm

aspir3 wrote:
os1so wrote:I've tried to get a better deal, i walked away from 2 with no joy! why are the dealers around here not moving on the price? is it a sellers market at he mo?

Prices will very from state to state. If dealers need to get rid of stock then they will lower their prices and some time Mitsubishi Australia give incentives to dealers to sell old stock.

In the end it is a bit of a lottery. The most important thing is to get a deal you are happy with and then forget about what could have been. In the end you will have a beautiful car.

thanks for that aspir3 i was happy ish with the price, I had knocked them down as much as they would go, I got a good rate of interest for the finance, saved heeps there. and I'm looking forward to picking up the car. And anyway its only money :shock: but I'm going to try and get at least a set of mats out of them as well :)

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:37 pm

hi paul, welcome to clubcj.
torquay, very nice, i used to
surf there every weekend :)
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:48 pm

Mate I got my VRX for $25 800, granted it was a demo model but still, they should b able to get u something better

OHH YEA!!!!

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”