***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Window Tint 35% on front windows 20% rear windows opinions??

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Window Tint 35% on front windows 20% rear windows opinions??

Postby Gleno » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:33 pm

Has anyone done tinting like this. Was thinking of doing 20% all round,but some people have stated in the forum that 20% can be too dark at night when it comes to looking out for pedestrians,cyclists etc..??

Would 35 on the fronts and 20 in the rears look odd??

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:37 pm

yep, looks silly i think.

A lot of go 20% to match with the privacy glass.

Paggsy
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Paggsy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:44 pm

It just pays to ask, I had t20 (aka 20%) put on my fronts and depending on the supplier sometimes it doesn't match the rear tins 100%.

They are just as dark but don't have the reflective / mirror like look as the privacy glass. So even though I went the darker, it still doesn't look quite right.

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:47 pm

Ive got 35 on the fronts and 25 on the rear. Its a bit darker but it doesnt stand out too much.
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Envoke
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Envoke » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:14 pm

What would mine have?

09 VR with the UV tint extra from dealership (was out of darkest legal or UV thing)
Red goes faster. MUCH faster.

PsyTrix
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby PsyTrix » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:18 pm

mines 35 on rear and sides
Ralliart/Evo parts Versus 20s and BBS rims for sale! see: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=7346

timd
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby timd » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:25 pm

keep in mind that if you do have an accident and your insurance company notices illegal tint on the car - they may refuse to cover you....

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:25 pm

do the same front and back imo, mine were done darker in the back by the dealer, looks like crap.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Long as though its not obviously dark ie lower than 25% insurance companies probley wouldnt notice it. Plus it would depend on whos at fault and who assess your car...
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!

Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:10 pm

No probs ill sleep on it. I am concerned about the insurance part of it. Im with AAMI. I actually rang them about the tint,thoughi didnt mention about the legality of it. All they said was if you tint your windows,just to let them know if u wanted the tint to be covered by insurance. I.E if i have a accident and i didnt tell them about the tint,Basically if any of the windows were smashed as a result of the accident,i would have to pay myself to get the windows re-tinted if i wish to do so.

TJCJ
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby TJCJ » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:08 pm

I got the Black Max tint added from the dealer. I pick up the car on Tuesday 21st!!! err, anyone know how dark the Black Max is? the lady at the dealer didn't know, she wasn't really very good at her job haha.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Re: Window Tint 35% on front windows 20% rear windows opinio

Postby The X » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:43 pm

GlenoCJ wrote:Has anyone done tinting like this. Was thinking of doing 20% all round,but some people have stated in the forum that 20% can be too dark at night when it comes to looking out for pedestrians,cyclists etc..??

Would 35 on the fronts and 20 in the rears look odd??

I've got the VRX and got 3M tint 20% on the fronts, matches almost perfectly. Yes it can be "too dark" when on dimly lit suburban streets with fluro tubes off the power poles and more spread apart, main roads are fine as they are generally better lit by sodium bulbs and brighter.

As long as you know and understand the limitations of your vision out the front windows, you make allowances and drive accordingly.

If i'm turning off a main road into a dark street, even if in the middle of winter or pouring in rain, does not hurt to wind down your window to double check. Freezing your tits off for a few seconds or getting some sprinkles of rain is more preferable than having an insurance claim refused if you plough into a pedestrian/cyclist or cause an accident by "not seeing" something or someone.

timd wrote:keep in mind that if you do have an accident and your insurance company notices illegal tint on the car - they may refuse to cover you....

Depends on the circumstances, if you rear end someone, the insurance company might try it on, but they'd be hard pressed to justify the refusal as the field of vision was not obstructed as your windshield is not tinted. However if you say are turing onto a main road and don't see an oncoming vehicle (say their head lights were off) or bike and cause an accident, then you might be in a bit of bother...
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Just keep a razor blade with u, if u have an accident just rip the tint off if the glass isn't shattered, all comes off in one piece, I no I had to take someones tint off for them

OHH YEA!!!!

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:55 pm

AJjnr86 wrote:Just keep a razor blade with u, if u have an accident just rip the tint off if the glass isn't shattered, all comes off in one piece, I no I had to take someones tint off for them

LOL, just make sure the other party doesn't see you... it kinda would look a bit sus... hahaha
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779

ImageImage

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:18 pm

Haha, a bit of chloroform works well there :P

OHH YEA!!!!

Return to “Interior”