***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What did you do on your car today?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:49 am

J-ralli wrote:
lol not sure about pampering but yeaa just trying to look after it as best as I can..but have to say that red mist is just a magic spray...what depth it provides to the colour + protection...

just out of curiosity what stuff do you pamper your car with?

not many people actually uses dodo stuff if their not into detailing lol i'm using mostly duragloss products now , their shampoo is really good so i ordered a 3.8L for 60 bucks , will last me a year or more :)

mostly duragloss CWC #901 + duragloss aquawax(after 1-2 washes). Usually top the car after two-three months with duragloss #601 and #105 for last step product as a paint sealant. Their bang for the buck and still does the job well. Probably be doing a whole polish job soon as the car came with quite some minor swirls :(

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:36 pm

did afull detail today and debadge it

J-ralli
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby J-ralli » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:31 pm

whitemonster wrote:
J-ralli wrote:
lol not sure about pampering but yeaa just trying to look after it as best as I can..but have to say that red mist is just a magic spray...what depth it provides to the colour + protection...

just out of curiosity what stuff do you pamper your car with?

not many people actually uses dodo stuff if their not into detailing lol i'm using mostly duragloss products now , their shampoo is really good so i ordered a 3.8L for 60 bucks , will last me a year or more :)

mostly duragloss CWC #901 + duragloss aquawax(after 1-2 washes). Usually top the car after two-three months with duragloss #601 and #105 for last step product as a paint sealant. Their bang for the buck and still does the job well. Probably be doing a whole polish job soon as the car came with quite some minor swirls :(

Lol yea i know what you mean and to be honest i wasnt like that but i have been converted.

Good to know that Duragloss stuff is good. I am going to give it a go next time as I am pretty sure its on par with dodo stuff no?

Hmmm I honestly have been trying to put off polishing as much as posible as its a brand new car....

But in a couple of weeks I ll be doing dodo shampoo + clay + wax + red mist...maybe fit in a cleaning agent like your dura 601 to make it a complete job.

Looks like your very much into detailing pro style....where do you buy your stuff...carecare products?
Blue Ralli - MY10 with MMCS Pack

Vaelehn
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Vaelehn » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:07 pm

Dropped it off at the shop to get my new body kit fitted and installed as well as a new paint job underway. Should get it back next tuesday and of course will post pics. Actually happened yesterday I know I'm a little late O.o :)

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:20 pm

Washed my pride and joy, just need to vacuum her

OHH YEA!!!!

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:45 pm

J-ralli wrote:Lol yea i know what you mean and to be honest i wasnt like that but i have been converted.

Good to know that Duragloss stuff is good. I am going to give it a go next time as I am pretty sure its on par with dodo stuff no?

Hmmm I honestly have been trying to put off polishing as much as posible as its a brand new car....

But in a couple of weeks I ll be doing dodo shampoo + clay + wax + red mist...maybe fit in a cleaning agent like your dura 601 to make it a complete job.

Looks like your very much into detailing pro style....where do you buy your stuff...carecare products?

I haven't tried Dodo stuff myself but their wax seems to be really good , too bad we can't get their wash mitts here , it's very good in preventing swirl marks whilst washing the car.

probably get another paint cleaner instead of dura 601 as dura 601 is designed to just slightly clean the paint and bond dura 105 to it for longer lasting protection.

i'm still a newbie to detailing , haven't found the time to really sit down and detail a car yet , probably soon :) i usually shop at carcareproducts and zas.com.au , they usually carry what i want though waxit.com.au is in melbourne lol

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:58 pm

washed and polished and vaccied the car ready for tomorrow

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:18 pm

Washed the car; found the first chip on the bonnet. Far out, the bloody paint is pretty thin.
Trying to work out if I should get touch up paint, and risk having it stand out more, or leave it.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:09 pm

I imagined/fantasized that I washed, claybarred, washed it again, polisheded and applied paint resin for tmrw's cruise .... in fact I just wasted the day being led astray and going shopping at various shopping centres... *sigh*
Last edited by The X on Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:35 pm

Just installed ultra racing front 4 point and rear 2 point bracing.
Took it for a spin around town and its like 150% more responsive around corners and much flatter.
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

liam92
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby liam92 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:38 pm

Vaccy'd the interior, looked for my lost key to no avail :(

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:52 pm

Last edited by Mitch on Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:29 pm

Mitch your New Lights look very nice ..Looks Sweet against the white 8)
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:40 pm

thankyou dora i am so glad i have them now yay

BlackBetty
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby BlackBetty » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:45 pm

I second that Dora, Mitch, those lights look great mate :D
Mr H.......So Cool