***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

My RA is a write off and claim is under review

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Dejan
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Dejan » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:32 pm

spunkybob wrote:Does that mean I can no longer take your engine??? crap :(

Yeah sorry boss, keeping the engine for another 3 yrs i hope, tho i do have the stock RA exhaust all the way down to the turbo if anyones intersted in buying.
What goes around comes around.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:37 pm

I'd be keen if you're not out to make a killing on me... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

smithsy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby smithsy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:55 pm

Dejan, despite differences people have had with you in the past, I don't think anyone here truely wants to see you out of pocket of $53k.

I have a genuine interest in the outcome of this because I too am insured with NRMA, although my VRX is 2yo and given the amount of depreciation and the fact I got my car cheap at $27k I have chosen to insure for only $36k which should cover my stereo, exhaust, extracotrs, coilovers, etc. Some of my mods are no doubt going to be considered in breach of NRMA's policy so I am very concerned as to what their outcome is going to be in the end.

You have already given more than enough info in this thread for the NRMA to track you down if they wanted to, so at the end of the day posting up a couple of photos will not in any way that I can see jeopardize your claim.

I'm not being a smart ass when I previously said to be happy and not bug them. At the end of the day it's a money game as others have explained it is most likely cheaper for them to repair. Given they have already tried to void your policy I really would not want to be pushing their buttons because up until they finally repair it they could always still do a back flip and leave you high and dry.

It would be wiser to wait until they repair the car and then take advantage of their lifetime warranty on repairs.....

besides a few rattling interior panels after the repair is the least of your worries. Hate to tell you but after 50,000km of which 20,000+km have been on coilovers my car has that many rattles it isn't funny. I'd be more concerned about the state of the car's crumple zones and whether the repairs will have any slight imperfections in the paint and body panels,etc.

Dejan
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Dejan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:51 pm

I doubt there will be imperfections with paint or bodywork, its one that has been directly recommended by Mitsu dealers, and they guarantee a thorough and detailed faultless job, otherwise i'll be taking it straight back to them to get fixed up, like i said, not gonna settle for second best. If in any shape or form my car is spotted to be any different to a new CJ RA straight out of dealership, you bet i'll jump all over it.

Also, It's good to see that people who are actually benefiting from forums like this and appreciate it, glad to be of help.

More to come i'm sure.

Dejan

SirGalantHad
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby SirGalantHad » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:39 pm

Dejan wrote:otherwise i'll be taking it straight back to them to get fixed up, like i said, not gonna settle for second best. If in any shape or form my car is spotted to be any different to a new CJ RA straight out of dealership, you bet i'll jump all over it.

Dejan

shouldve thought about that before you crashed it... somethings can never go back to how they were 100% and you just have to accept it. considering you were at fault and you ARE LUCKY they are even covering your claim AT ALL you should be happy with what you get. within reason of coarse. but complain to them about a pissy rattel in the door trim or dash and you won't get much out of them but "go away you fool"

my2c

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:46 pm

My 2cents as well. Nothing fixed will ever be as good as new?

I think I speak for each one of us here when we say we wish they'd just replace your car 1 for 1.

But you must accept that NRMA don't care. You're just a liability and they'll do whatever they can to fix your car as cheaply as possible... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars

EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Mr Charisma
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Mr Charisma » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:10 pm

Dejan wrote:Hey Daniel,

I highly doubt ppls working at insurance would bother checking on forums, think they have better things to do, besdies i haven't said or done anything illegal ayways, but i see where your coming from, so thanks for that.

Dejan

lol - I work at a major insurance company, but not IAG.

Although I do not work in the Claim's area I can tell you that there has been many a claim refused or reduced due to "tip offs" from the internet.

Watch what you say, because chances are someone is watching.
Love that car!

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:15 pm

SirGalantHad wrote:
Dejan wrote:otherwise i'll be taking it straight back to them to get fixed up, like i said, not gonna settle for second best. If in any shape or form my car is spotted to be any different to a new CJ RA straight out of dealership, you bet i'll jump all over it.

Dejan

shouldve thought about that before you crashed it... somethings can never go back to how they were 100% and you just have to accept it. considering you were at fault and you ARE LUCKY they are even covering your claim AT ALL you should be happy with what you get. within reason of coarse. but complain to them about a pissy rattel in the door trim or dash and you won't get much out of them but "go away you fool"

my2c

Spot on.....after taking it back a second time, they will send an accessor to check the car out themself. If it looks ok and drives ok then they will end it on you and you will have to like it or lump it. The whole "guaranteed repairs to your satisfaction" is Bullsh*t. That guarantee is as good as your MRT "guarantee" :lol:

That is, if you actually had a crash???? 8) We haven't seen any proof of it. Everyone who has had a crash will at least show one pic of the damage no matter how minor. You only come on here when you have a problem or complain about things, ask everyone's opinion, and then keep asking instead of taking others advice. Alot of people have spent the time writing in this thread some ways to help you.........but your refusal to take it on board has people starting to give up and just not care about it. Hope its true and you're not making this all up for attention.

Dejan
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Dejan » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:30 pm

Superintendent Chalmers wrote:
SirGalantHad wrote:

Dejan

my2c

Spot on.....after taking it back a second time, they will send an accessor to check the car out themself. If it looks ok and drives ok then they will end it on you and you will have to like it or lump it. The whole "guaranteed repairs to your satisfaction" is Bullsh*t. That guarantee is as good as your MRT "guarantee" :lol:

That is, if you actually had a crash???? 8) We haven't seen any proof of it. Everyone who has had a crash will at least show one pic of the damage no matter how minor. You only come on here when you have a problem or complain about things, ask everyone's opinion, and then keep asking instead of taking others advice. Alot of people have spent the time writing in this thread some ways to help you.........but your refusal to take it on board has people starting to give up and just not care about it. Hope its true and you're not making this all up for attention.

Nice try Azza, one day i might just be inclined to come up with one of these when i move to the top or middle of nowhere, ie Alice Sprins, Darwin or townsville for that matter. You regional folks are so funny euh??

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”