***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

[WA] Chat Thread

Local WA State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:51 pm

I'm so sick of the politics and fraud in this club....
Why can't they all just be awesome like us in WA? :P

Its worth thinking about if we want to stay in contact if the club, like, flames itself into the ground.... Its been suggested having a facebook group just for us WA guys...

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:58 pm

Yup Jake, not a great situation with what seems like corrupt senior members of this club getting outed every other week! Good lord...

Although, i must admit, whilst it's sad it's also entertaining - in a sick "soap opera" kind of way. lol :wink: My fave part is the banned members returning under other accounts. Gee, never saw that one coming.

And yes, us Perth lot are awesome hey? :P The FB group could be a good idea, who's up for creating it?

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:21 pm

It is a good idea (and we can make events and stuff which will be useful)... But not everyone uses facebook I imagine. It'd be good if people who don't could supply a way of contacting them...

I haven't made a facebook group before but it can't be too hard :P Though I'm lacking a bit of enthusiasm right now...

The thing is if the club goes under we'll never get new members... It'll just be us cruising and the occasional 'check out this website:' or 'I just did blah' I imagine...

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:26 pm

Here in VIC we've done the same with Google Groups... .
Works like a forum.

Importantly you need to round up everyone's numbers and emails.

Can one of you take the lead in WA and try and go speak to RPW and try and build a relationship?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:44 pm

I don't think anybody here has/can possibly have enough influence to make up for the torrent of embarrassment going through that thread right now :?

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:46 pm

Hey Irving.

Thanks for the tip, i'm sure one of us can look into the Google idea :) I don't think any of us would like to be in the situation where this club "flames itself into the ground" though. Hope this will all sort itself out, been a tough few months to be a senior mod i imagine.

I'll be booking in for my flash tune soon with RPW (and my exhaust, if i ever get the cash!), so i'll have a chat with David in regards to the club. Hopefully they still think the good outweighs the bad having an association here. I wouldn't know of them if it weren't for CCJ, and i'm sure a lot of other members are the same so that should count for something.

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:47 pm

Dire wrote:I don't think anybody here has/can possibly have enough influence to make up for the torrent of embarrassment going through that thread right now :?

maybe not Jake, but it's worth a shot to promote the good that for the most part exceeds the bad about this club. negative nelly! :P

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:53 pm

Can I suggest just one of you contact David at RPW and show abit of initiative?

Organise a day out there and build a relationship.
I'm in Melbourne and I can't build a relationship with David. Here though, Nick from PMR and the parts guy have a good working relationship with me.
Someone in WA just has to do that. ANyone with a 2.4L CVT can help David now. Organise a club meet there and patch things back for us. Let David know just how much he can play a role... .

I took abit of initiative and look what happened here in Melbourne.

I don't think the club will go down but it's good to have alternative arrangements set up.

You'll be surpised that as a senior mod, not much of my ideas are taken up. The real power base of this club has always been in NSW.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:04 pm

Perhaps the "Power base " can shift with the elections looming.
We are still battling former Admins dishonesty and deceitful conduct
I hope members will stand up and be counted and some fresh blood and perspectives will be a positive step.
If members get more involved with the running of CCJ it will help it to prosper and grow
Incorporation, ABN, Liability insurances will also protect everyone and a dedicated account for Group buys etc will offer further protection
Food for thought....
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:09 pm

You'll be surpised that as a senior mod, not much of my ideas are taken up. The real power base of this club has always been in NSW.

...and therein lies the problem hey? Heh heh, jk. I'm a Victorian originally, gotta stir the people north of the border sometimes! :P No offence to those in NSW (who aren't guilty of any wrongdoing) :)

I'm not sure i have the ability, nor the time, to put in the hard yards with RPW like you've suggested, but perhaps one of the longer term WA members will put their hand up.

I know that sounds like a cop out from me, but these kind of scenarios are really not my specialty. Not sure i could acheive anything of value.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:10 pm

Might I chime in here again: Group buys have gone through me for as long as one can remember, A$40,000 worth of parts. Never anyone else going out of pocket... .

It's the person, NOT the mechanism.

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:21 pm

No offence Irving, but you would do well to stop taking ideas like those Chris has mentioned personally. We all know you're trustworthy, but there is no harm in making the club more "professional", and therefore protecting it from the actual unscrupulous among us.

To me, a club with finances and paid members should have procedures in place to make it harder for anyone with ideas of misconduct to carry them out. It makes good business sense, and makes both members and sponsors feel more at ease.

Situations like that with Adrian, or now with the flash tunes, will be bound to happen again otherwise because sadly there will be some who take advantage of past experience here, and learn from it. Call me untrusting but that's reality these days.

No one wants to see this club fold because it couldn't weed out the bad people. If we can't do that, at least make it harder for them to operate.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:30 pm

There are many mechanisms in place in the REAL world to prevent fraud. Have we eradicated the word?

It's just the level of safety you need to make you feel assured.

Now, I would prefer us keeping our group buys the way they were as it is a system that has never failed us and to change it simply because we've had 2 con men in out midst, is unfortunate.

If you want to partake in a group buy but want safer assurances, tell you what, feel free to send me the money AFTER the product has reached you.
I don't have a problem with that... .

You will always have bad people. But don't group everyone together as a result of 2 people's actions... . Trust first. Judge later.

Leez
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Leez » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:13 am

If all goes to hell, I will go on a free forum making site and make one for us WA members.

If that fails, I will make a Facebook group instead for us. I'm asian, I'm good with computers ;) (Didn't mean offence, I'm racist to myself all the time :P )

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:25 am

alright guys i think this mess has gone on long enough.... i will be goin down to RPW myself tomorrow or the day after and have a chat with David and try to arrive at a solution to this mess with David.... I think its true that only us WA boys can do something about it and i reckon the club has done alot for me as well so might as well do something in return as i dont want to see the club burn to the ground....

~LancerVR~
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Devil (cj-red)

Return to “Western Australia”