***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Jealousy Factor?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:38 pm

86MIM wrote:I've had a similar thing happen to me while driving up the coast (legal speed limit 110), so I did the speed limit and had a toyota landcruiser come screaming up my back end, sat up my rear for a good 5 minutes, flashing high beam, throwing his weight around, backing off then speeding up... all within a metre of my car to bully me to get across into the other lane (2 lanes only, the others were doing 90kms in 110 zone.. dont even get me started on that crap *ugh*) It's not uncommon that others will just be complete jerk offs because they just want to get there 2 seconds before you... and then when you don't bite, they try to get you to do something stupid when they're in a bad mood caused by themselves!

That's quite funny... I had a similar experience driving down to the GC with friends with a crazy white landcruiser swerving in and out and tailgating us! Mad fellow...
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:52 pm

worlds full of wankers who dont think when they drive
i run into them all the time
thing is i get road rage bad - if i stuff up how ever i lif tmy hand and even appologise if they come next to me
but the thing that shits me to no end is when they are wrong and they have the nerve to still go off at you beucase they are just idiots
you may get the occasional person who is envious of you but they wont go to the extents you mentioned - you may of just accidently got infornt of him and he took it the wrong way.
3Inch Custom Cat Back Exhaust
Home Brand Alloy UICP
DBA Slotted and Drilled Rotors
K&N Panel Filter Replacement
DBA Extreme Pads
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
Tein S Tech Springs
Painted Calipers (Makes it look faster) ;-)

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:57 pm

dw, you will find idiots every in life. work, home (sometimes), on the road, overseas...

fact of life really :P

its what makes the world go round!
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

BR14AN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BR14AN » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:04 pm

asHxP wrote:Seen ur car around Cherrybrook Brian u definitely drive like a hoon!! I JOKE :D. Yeh man had the same vibe when I got my car and had greens. They just think im another kid with rich parents :/. Dude do u have green number plates and work in North Ryde by any chance?

Haha yeah i do. Lime green and black.

I work in macquarie fields and study at macquarie uni so i drive out that way everyday.
Hopefully i wasnt doing anything stupid when you saw me haha everyone has their moments...
Where did you see me at?

Also, just then i was coming back from uni again and i had a women in a 4x4 going mental in traffic cutting people off etc etc When i got next to her i did the whole little pinky (small knob) wave thing. She was not amused and i couldnt stop laughing haha
Needless to say, she stayed in one lane from then on...

terbo88
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Re: Jealousy Factor?

Postby terbo88 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:12 pm

BR14AN wrote:Hey guys,

Today driving back from uni I had a tradey in his ute try and cut me off but fail. He then spent the next 15 minutes following me, cutting me off, telling me to pull over, swearing at me, beeping at me etc etc etc. This whole time I just ignored him trying to keep distance as to not hit him. I've been in a road rage incident before and its not something I wanted to escalate to again.
Once I knew where I was I pulled into a side street and went the back way home.

Now, I never did anything to him, he was behind me then over took me just to try and cut me off.

I cant figure out why anyone would road rage like this with out provocation?
Is it jealousy that a kid 1/3 of his age has a new car? Or was i just pissing him off?

Share your stories! Or thoughts?

OMGG i cant beleive you are posting this lol. Just had a similar incident only 45 mins ago. Was driving through a backstreet in Sutherland where a friend lives, going the legal limit 50km!! and had some crazed moron walking the opposite direction pretty much nearly in the middle of the road SPIT on my car. As shocked as i was. I thought maybe he was just spitting at the ground and came to a stop and asked my friend to check if he did. Before my mate could even wind down his window. This r-tard was up at my window telling me to get out of my car if i got something to say... how he will cave my head in. etc etc.

Apparently i was driving too fast down the street in which i argued the road is for cars not people you moron. Which then made him get even more angry and was about to punch my window in. At that time, I just put my foot down and left. Wasnt really in the mood for someone smoking low grade crack to ruin my car over nothing... *sigh*

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:30 pm

i have a friend who puts "Baby On Board" on the rear window just to avoid drivers going a*hole on her (there's no baby ofcourse).

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:50 pm

Speaking of idiots overseas, on my way back from the uk, was in the transfer bus to the hotel when some moron didn't want to give way to the right for the bus, so the bus driver cut him off. Needless to say the other driver went ape, screaming and everything, the bus had stopped infront of the car and the driver was abusing this guy back thru the open door, but very politely. Was pretty funny

OHH YEA!!!!

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:29 pm

welcome to a world where road accidents are increasing due to human's nature of being retarded and unable to contain themselves.

I reckon driving test shouldn't only be about DRIVING itself , should have some sort of anger management class

I've not encountered much roadrage so far *touchwood* but i've seen a few stupid fags trying to cut into each others lane purposely to piss the person off on a busy freeway, such is life
Lancer Evolution 10MR

tommo08
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby tommo08 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:36 pm

the thing i hate most when driviing 2 uni on m4 is when ppl tailgate you then speed past to over take you...cause the clearly want to go faster, only to then cut back infront of you and then sit ..way below the speed limit..... it doesnt make sense its as if they play games with you ....

Nick07
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Nick07 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:41 pm

Worst thing is when you are in a line to turn left at the lights (which is quite long) and people go right up to the front of the line and cut in.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:43 pm

Quixand wrote:i have a friend who puts "Baby On Board" on the rear window just to avoid drivers going a*hole on her (there's no baby ofcourse).

That's just stupid. There seems to be a school of thought out thre that putting these stupid "Baby On Board" signs is just a licence for "please excuse my retarted driving, my female hormones have made me batshit crazy and that absolves me of my crap driving".
Baby On Board signs were there as a "safety" notice so in case of a major car accident, first responders can attend to the baby (as it's more fragile), or in the event the baby has dislodged from the baby seat and is under a pile of blankets or wedged under the seat, first responders make sure they find the child in case it is obscured and leave the scene with only mum in the ambulance or body bag.
Unfortunately I see "Baby on Board" signs and I just give them a wide berth as they'll just do stupid dangerous sh1t..... :(
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:47 pm

Nick07 wrote:Worst thing is when you are in a line to turn left at the lights (which is quite long) and people go right up to the front of the line and cut in.

Usually I can tell if it's someone genuinly that's lost their way or just forgotten their turn and want to be let in, Vs the selfish prick that thinks that they are more important than everyone else. The latter I tend (if it's safe) not to let them in. They don't deserve to be encouraged....
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779

ImageImage

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:25 pm

I hate it when u traveling along the motor way, come up behind some one then try and over take them and they speed up. I then get fed up so pull back in behind them and draft right up behind them then "slingshot" when I'm close, they don't tend to speed up then

OHH YEA!!!!

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:41 pm

I haven't had anybody road-rage me yet... Surprisingly :P

A guy in a commodore pulled up next to me at a red light the other night and gave me the finger though. But I found that entertaining :lol: (honestly have NO idea why he did).

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:44 am

Haha, some ppl are just rage-aholics and they just can't live without rage-ahol :)

OHH YEA!!!!

Return to “General Talk”