***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Jealousy Factor?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

BR14AN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Jealousy Factor?

Postby BR14AN » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:45 pm

Hey guys,

Today driving back from uni I had a tradey in his ute try and cut me off but fail. He then spent the next 15 minutes following me, cutting me off, telling me to pull over, swearing at me, beeping at me etc etc etc. This whole time I just ignored him trying to keep distance as to not hit him. I've been in a road rage incident before and its not something I wanted to escalate to again.
Once I knew where I was I pulled into a side street and went the back way home.

Now, I never did anything to him, he was behind me then over took me just to try and cut me off.

I cant figure out why anyone would road rage like this with out provocation?
Is it jealousy that a kid 1/3 of his age has a new car? Or was i just pissing him off?

Share your stories! Or thoughts?

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:57 pm

Honestly, it sounds like just pure roadrage.

He most likely wanted to go faster then the speed limit (or whatever you were doing)...

I've had a similar thing happen to me while driving up the coast (legal speed limit 110), so I did the speed limit and had a toyota landcruiser come screaming up my back end, sat up my rear for a good 5 minutes, flashing high beam, throwing his weight around, backing off then speeding up... all within a metre of my car to bully me to get across into the other lane (2 lanes only, the others were doing 90kms in 110 zone.. dont even get me started on that crap *ugh*) It's not uncommon that others will just be complete jerk offs because they just want to get there 2 seconds before you... and then when you don't bite, they try to get you to do something stupid when they're in a bad mood caused by themselves!

Anywho... As he's overtaken (by that stage I'd met up to an opening in the other lane, and he was right up my end - all I could see where headlights and I've got a 2yo in the backseat at the time - hence me not trying to speed up and potentially crash... bad highway) his missus had the hide to give me the evil eye... so I popped the bird out and smiled :D massive jerk offs.

I would think though, as long as you were doing the right thing, it's no skin off your nose, let them be tools (no pun intended). They'll get found eventually.
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

napkins1
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby napkins1 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:18 pm

Peak hour traffic really brings out the worst in people.

These speeding people never really get that far ahead and you normally catch them at a set of lights anyway. If it really was so important to get where they were going in a hurry they should of just left 5 mins earlier

jamie885
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby jamie885 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Oh road rage haha driving to and from botany every day you have some fun.
I've had to pull out a knife/tool kit that I kept in the glovebox once the guy was about to put his hand through the glass.

Had some stupid bitch leave her highbeams on and beep the whole of the M5 tunnel was funny when other people started abusing her, one guy threw an apple at her car.

The worst part is i have a bad temper and will argue back

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:26 pm

So how was were you going on a ?? speed limit road?

As much as I hate these people who tail gate. I think I hate hoggers even more. Always on the Eastern Freeway (a 100kmh limit) to and from work, I have people doing 80kmh in the extreme right lane and I wonder why... . Never fails to piss me off... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:28 pm

Brian that is not good and some people are just so impatient now days.

I am not justifying road rage, but maybe you did do some thing that upset him. I know drivers who sit in the right hand lane get me frustrated. That lane is for over taking not cruising in. I dont care if you think you are doing the speed limit as Kym said, get in the left lane and let the traffic past you. Remember our speedo are slow.

Good to hear you just ignored him and got away at the first opportunity. Very sensible.

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:29 pm

i sometimes drive 80km/h on eastern when im really tired and not in the mood , but most left lane tho lol
Lancer Evolution 10MR

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:37 pm

If they were a tradie they might have had a phone number etc on the side of their car? Call the company and ram it up their boss about one of their staff being a dickhead on the road while in a company car.
ClubCJ's first Sportback

BR14AN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BR14AN » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:54 pm

I do not encourage speeding but i was going 62 in a 60 zone in the left lane.
I dont know why he was in such a hurry there are like 3 speed cameras along that road.
I might have upset him by....not sure? My driving style? My charming dashing good looks?! (i kid i kid)
I dont floor it off the lights as i drive fuel conservatively and then sit right on the limit.

I looked for something on his car to call but it was unmarked....

Usually I am one to get hot headed in the moment but i could see this guy would have pulled over and thrown punches, not worth it.
There was another ute behind me and he was just keeping his distance aswell, he could see what was going on and did not want to get involved.

I was tempted however to not break when he was continuously cutting me off, Id love a new front bar hahaha - obviously this would not have helped the situation.

Also, if it was my relaxed driving style that was making him late for his next job or something along those lines, why did he spend 15minutes toying with me, speed trapping me etc etc when it was an open road infront of him and he couldve kept on going?
This is where the question of, is it the car i drive? Do my painted rims and custom plate emit a stigma?

I know when i drove my '66 Valiant all i got was respect from everyone old and young, rich and poor etc etc but since i got the lancer I guess i look like a boy racer?

BrownDog
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BrownDog » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:18 pm

I thought i should share mine

Come out of work this white van was in front of me, stopped at a T-junction both turning left into a two lane road (GIVE WAY SIGN)

he went first then i followed behind and went wide into the other lane and over took him..... didnt do anything wrong i just over took him. and the whole way down he was yelling telling me to pull over and beeping his horn.....

Another one wasnt really road rage as such i just think he was annoyed that my lancer out BASSed his car.... had mates in the car so music was low, guy pulls up with bass cranking and i decided i can beat that so i DID they guy in the other car was pretty angry and pulled out a KNIFE out the window........
MODS DONE
Sound System
Exhaust
Tint
Rear Sway Bar

MODS TO DO
Wheels
Lips/ Bodykit
Install in-car LEDs

BR14AN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BR14AN » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:24 pm

All these knife stories!
In my past experience it was clearly stated that road rage is not a driving offence.
If you attack someone its full blown assault/creating bodily harm etc etc sort of charges.

jamie885
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby jamie885 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:25 pm

Haha I used to love pulling up next to the young guys in my bmw they used to have there sony xplods pumping the next minute i'd turn my stereo up and they'd just look confused.

I do know there is a jealousy thing, i see it every morning. Other people in older cars sit there the whole red light staring at the car and me sitting back with my prada sunnies and suit on.
At the end of the day suit or no suit new car or old as long as it drives around without breaking down its a good car.
I don't look down on any of them, I know plenty of people with adverage cars adverage houses that are loaded or adverage cars with massive houses everyones situation is different.

BR14AN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BR14AN » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:31 pm

Yeah i deffinately feel a stigma/jealousy. Especially as im on my Greens.
They probably think, how can a kid who dresses in trackies 80% of the time drive a car like that, must be mummy and daddys cash blah blah blah

Not my fault i had the foresight to work hard, save and invest before i could even drive...

I dont see car stigmas either, classing someone by what they drive.
My girlfriends father sold his 1 year old Merc Compressor and bought himself a $900 1984 meteor, just because he wanted something cheap that he wouldnt have to worry about. Now you will see him driving this 'bomb' and people would assume he is unsuccesful etc etc even though his home towers mine haha

asHxP
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby asHxP » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:14 pm

Seen ur car around Cherrybrook Brian u definitely drive like a hoon!! I JOKE :D. Yeh man had the same vibe when I got my car and had greens. They just think im another kid with rich parents :/. Dude do u have green number plates and work in North Ryde by any chance?

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:18 pm

I get annoyed when people do stupid things on the road.

hogging the right lane on fwy's going below 100
not indicating
cutting people off
tailgating

to just name a few...

I had an incident a few months back, I won't go into details but I was driving down a 4 lane road (2 lanes each way), it was a 60 zone and i was in the left lane, there was a car infront of me that had been going 45 for about 500-700m so I was getting ready to overtake, I wanted for a car in the right lane to pass, another car was a safe distance behind so I indicate and merge into the right lane, the car infront SLAMS on their brakes for some unknown reason, the guy that was a safe distance behind is now up my ass, swearing, going off etc..
we come up at a red light and one thing leads to another we get out of our cars, I have a tyre iron in my hand (the thingo that undoes wheel nuts) ready to smack this bogan over the head but then I make a smarter move and didn't hit him, it's not worth the police trouble and getting charged for assault over some idiot getting angry over a small issue

So I just take the hit instead :P

the funny part was he must've hit me about 5 times in the face and I didn't get one mark or bruise, it barely even hurt either

I kinda wished i just put the tyre iron down and hit him back, but I guess that would've just made stuff worse, we were literally in the middle of the 4 lanes with traffic flowing the opposite direction and the light was green by now :S

well that's probably my worst road rage experience..

road rage can turn something small into something huge, it's best just to ignore other peoples idiotic behaviour.

I was tempted to file a police report on this guy for assault too, I took a photo of his plates, but it wasn't worth the hassle.

/end story

TLDR: road rage is bad
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

Return to “General Talk”