***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Mitsubishi ASX

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:00 pm

What were your thoughts on the diesel please Red EVOX??
ClubCJ's first Sportback

S.Padival
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby S.Padival » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:42 pm

Red EVOX wrote:The driveaway prices on the sheet i have in front of me is $26990 for the 2WD 2L Manual and $29490 for the 2WD 2L CVT, those prices include metallic/pearlecent paint. Remember these prices are for Metro SA.

Thanks. IMHO, a bit too expensive (Mainly because it is out of my budget :P).

I will probably wait until Oct-Sept and buy a CJ Lancer.

jolly_tas
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jolly_tas » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:03 pm

it has potential :)

Red EVOX
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Red EVOX » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:25 am

Bandit wrote:What were your thoughts on the diesel please Red EVOX??

It was nice, much more flexible and quicker to drive than the petrol cvt i drove (got to love the torque of a turbo diesel). The 6 speed manual was quite nice to use although the "lift" up collar that needs to be lifted to select reverse gear could be a hassle for some people.
In my opinion the diesel manual is the pick of the drivetrains that are available in the ASX at this point in time.

The petrol models should have had the 2.4L engine not the 2L... The poor little engine does seem to struggle abit especially when hooked up to the CVT trans... one could only imagine it being worse with the car loaded up with people and luggage.

and just to clear up some reports in the media of the ASX having drum rear brakes... well that is totally untrue.... Both the petrol AWD and diesel AWD's that i drove had rear disc brakes (with drum handbrake) This is known as a drum in disc setup.... just like the lancer.

On saturday im going back to talk a deal with my local mitsubishi dealer on either a diesel Aspire or the mid spec diesel AWD, as im thinking of "downsizing" from my current daily drive car (Mazda BT50 dual cab)

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:12 pm

I have had a car before with a 6 speed manual that needed a ring to lift up before selecting Reverse - good trick to confuse people not familiar with the car, but no problem for me once I was used to it. I have read some reviews that said the 6 speeder was a bit 'notchy' and there was too much throw in the gearbox, meaning gear changes took a bit longer and more revs were lost. Would you agree with this? And what did you think of the back seat room and boot. I reckon they are quite comparable to Lancers.

Best drive away price I have found for the AWD diesel (non aspire) is $34,490. Let us know how you go!
ClubCJ's first Sportback

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:44 pm

Red EVOX use to be an employee of Mitsubishi Australia so he gets his cars at a discount.

His price is not comparable to the public.

I too have a 6 speed gear box in my Transit van with the lift knob to select reverse. Very common in modern cars.

I would think Lancers will end up with the same 6 speed manual transmission soon.

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:46 pm

aspir3 wrote:Red EVOX use to be an employee of Mitsubishi Australia so he gets his cars at a discount.

Can he help us!? :P :P :shock:
ClubCJ's first Sportback

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:50 pm

jolly_tas wrote:Image

it has potential :)

^ win

That looks a bazilion times better then a sportsback
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

Stalker
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Stalker » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:54 pm

saw one yesterday on a trip out to Narangba for a client. same blue colour as that pic. they look pretty nice :P

Red EVOX
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Red EVOX » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:20 pm

aspir3 wrote:Red EVOX use to be an employee of Mitsubishi Australia so he gets his cars at a discount.

I too have a 6 speed gear box in my Transit van with the lift knob to select reverse. Very common in modern cars.

I would think Lancers will end up with the same 6 speed manual transmission soon.

Troy the prices i have listed up (and have home on paper) are the RRP Driveaway prices for ANYBODY in metro SA, not my staff price.

Those prices i have were from Duttons Mitsubishi at Mt Barker

Return to “General Talk”