***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Other Cars you would have

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

tomtom
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby tomtom » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:03 pm

Mizta B wrote:Also an A9X or L34 SLR 5000 Torana would be a nice weekend cruiser/investment.

+100000

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:36 pm

split windscreen single cab Kombi ute
R33 GTR in midnight Purple

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:18 pm

2 Door Datsun 1600. Actually I would have 2, one original, one with a mental amount of work done to it :twisted:

Plenty of others, R31 Skyline 2 door. Mazda Familia GTR, EVO III, IX and X... list goes on :lol:

Peanut
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Peanut » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:46 pm

I would personally love a current generation Lotus Exige with a HKS Turbo Kit for a bit more fun.
Look Out! in The Shire!!
The Can Crusher, Tuckin' Rubber, Pancake Flat. - CCJ Premium Member #0022

bobcrusader wrote:
Blake, you must be a member of the fun police? Do you know my wife?

Hecky
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Hecky » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:52 pm

In my dreams (won Lotto): '69 Chev Camaro, '67 Ford Mustang fastback, Ford Torino, '77 Trans Am Firebird, Lambo Miura and/or Ferrari Daytona.
In reality (if I wasn't driving the RA): either a MkV GTI or a Focus XR5
HKS/AMS/GFB/MRT/K&N/DBA
Whiteline/Ultra-Racing/Rexpeed/Autometer/Yokohama Racing/Cusco
...and some other stuff which the fun police don't approve of... :)

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:02 pm

I wanted an MG ZT either the supercharged version or the v8 version. Either one of them is hard to get hold of as only a small amount came here. When I decided to buy a car it was down to either an Audi A3 or a Lancer. Got Lancer instead. I had my cars bodykit before I had the car. I was determined to get a Lancer :lol:

Did want a v35 Skyline GT but that was out of my price range at the time. They have come down since though. Wont ever own an Evo, dont like them honestly cant stand the Evo X. It dont look hard enough and now anyone can buy them... Dont like turbo either so thats maybe why I dont like them.

Want a Lotus Elise though, supercharged. White, yellow or charcoal colour. Black wheels and fixed roof. I like the Elise more than the Exige. If I had the money, would get a TVR T350 and a 1939 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe.

Dont like soft looking cars.

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:42 pm

Realistically a Ralliart would be nice, in silver, similar to Lethal_1's, but with different wheels (Sry Lethal :D )

However,

or a

are only that multi-million lotto win away :D
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

RDREDRALLIART
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby RDREDRALLIART » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:23 am

MitsuLove wrote:i bet it wasn't Ross. That is one hot car. And FYI i strongly dislike fords, i only like GT's and Mustangs, lol.

Ooooh, a 428. what sort of hp were you getting out of that?

i think it's an LS, but not 100% on that. it's been modded for track work, including nitrous. Although i can't get the owner to drive it on a track, he's keeping it as an investment :roll:
in it's former life it was obviously a track car!

Proberly a wise idea as an investment.
The 428 was built for around 600hp/600ftlbs but with good street manners in mind. Only time I put it on the dyno I had fuel pump probs but still hit 380hp at the rears at just under 3000rpm.

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:36 am

tjoz wrote:Did want a v35 Skyline GT but that was out of my price range at the time. They have come down since though. Wont ever own an Evo, dont like them honestly cant stand the Evo X. It dont look hard enough and now anyone can buy them... Dont like turbo either so thats maybe why I dont like them.

Dont like soft looking cars.

That's a first about evos looking soft lmao , don't all CJs look fairly the same ?

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Evo X looks soft compared to all other Evo's against the normal Lancers. Honestly how many normal CJ Lancer owners get asked is their car an Evo?? I just cant get into the new Evo. Dont like it

smithsy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby smithsy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:21 pm

I was going to get a Hyundai i35 Diesel or a Lancer, the killing point was at the time the i35 had no cruise control on the diesel. But if my CJ were to be written off now I'd probably just settle for an i45 (once Hyundai fixes the steering/handling of it) and apart from a stereo not mod it.

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:58 pm

Proberly a wise idea as an investment.

probably, but would still be fun to see it on the track! :P

The 428 was built for around 600hp/600ftlbs but with good street manners in mind. Only time I put it on the dyno I had fuel pump probs but still hit 380hp at the rears at just under 3000rpm.

not bad, not bad... *hides jealousy* :)

Evo X looks soft compared to all other Evo's against the normal Lancers. Honestly how many normal CJ Lancer owners get asked is their car an Evo??

i agree with this to some extent. for a 60-70k + car, they could have given the X a bit more "edge" over the standard lancers & the RA. i wouldn't call the RA soft though, the front grille gives it a rather "mean" stance i think.

i took my RA to a car comp last weekend, and from the outset a fair few people were mistaking it for an evo, even though it's stock - and even after it was parked next to a TMR track evo X! lol.

but looks aside, the extra cost for the evo is really for what you can't see - and that still makes the evo a winner imo. i'd have one for the track any day thanks :)

Kimmy
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Kimmy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:06 pm

I think I'm in love :)

(cj-grey)Ride of the Month April 2011
My ride thread: Click here!
My garage: Click here!

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:31 pm

Something achievable was an RX8 but my boys keep telling me to forget the rotary. We had a 1979 Series 1 RX7 and it was heaps of fun but rotaries are fickle creatures. We'll see about the RX8.

I see someone wanted an old Datto 1600. Or two. We used to have one. My Dad was a panel beater and he did one up in the 80s. It was a write off before he got to it. I used to love driving around in it. Mum made him trade it in on a newer car. It broke his heart. And mine.

I'd really love to get my 1973 929 Coupe back again. Loved it. And my 1970 Mini K 1100.

Now if I wanted something that wasn't achievable I'd have an Audi RS4 or an R8.

Aaron2550
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Aaron2550 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:53 pm

I was gonna buy an fg XR6 but didn't want to spend that much on a first car.

Return to “General Talk”