***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Where to reflash ecu in Adelaide

Local SA & NT State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

chris76
INACTIVE Member Account

Where to reflash ecu in Adelaide

Postby chris76 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:28 am

Hi Guys,
Does anyone know where I could get a reflash done in Adelaide south Australia? & are the gains worth it? Very keen from what I have read about it looking forward to getting some feedback.
Cheers,
Chris
Love my Lancer!

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:47 am

Hi Chris, hope to see you at the cruise on Saturday where we can discuss further.

A custom tune is not worth it, but most mods we spend on our cars are a waste of money. So why do we do it?

If you can get some one to read your ECU file and send it to RPW then the $70 is a great investment.

Mitsubishi have almost got the maximum out of our NA engines. There can be small improvements made but the costs are high unless you know someone who has a dyno and can tune it for free. Most tuners charge hundreds of dollars an hour for this.

One SA member has the cable required but he has an evo so not sure if he has the program for our NA Lancers.

I willl be looking to do a group ECU tune read and send all to RPW soon as there are a lot who have asked for it. Other state Moderators have invested their money in the equipment so their members can benifit. This may be our only option.

I have not done it because I am waiting for a 2.4L tune for my car.

LukeD
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby LukeD » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:39 am

Ill be interested in that Troy.

I know of one guy, John Keene at hi-tech dyno at Melrose Park.
VRX 010.
Twin pipe 2 1/2" cat back mild steel exhaust with 4-2-1 Super Circut headers & a Talon Diffuser.
Front centre Vinyled & Chrome fog light rings.
Chrome Mirrors & Door handles.
OEM Lancer alloy gear knob & OEM Lancer Scuff Plates.
VRX Lancer Dash mat.
Lancer 3rd brake light.

smithsy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby smithsy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:25 pm

Evos and NA Lancers both use the freeware ECU Flash program to read and write ROMs to the ECU. So that member with the cable should be able to do it for you.

Red EVOX
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Red EVOX » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:35 pm

smithsy wrote:Evos and NA Lancers both use the freeware ECU Flash program to read and write ROMs to the ECU. So that member with the cable should be able to do it for you.

That member with the cable is me

Red EVOX
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Red EVOX » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:39 pm

I will bring my cable and laptop with me on Saturday so if Chris wants i will read his cars ECU for him, that way he can send his ROM data off to that place in WA and they can play with it and send it back...... Then if he wants to catch up some other time i will flash there revised "tune" back into his car.

Make sure you bring a flashdrive or a portable hard drive so i can save your ROM data to it and that way you have a copy of the file to send off.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:46 pm

Thanks Jason, that would be great.

I want to see what you can do with it on your car.

chris76
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby chris76 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Thanks guys that sounds great as I posted I have open inspections all afternoon I could possibly meet at the start I can be @ the start though @ 930 for an hour or so, to meet and copy the rom. Let me know if 930 is ok
Cheers
Chriso[/quote]
Love my Lancer!

Red EVOX
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Red EVOX » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:34 pm

chris76 wrote:Thanks guys that sounds great as I posted I have open inspections all afternoon I could possibly meet at the start I can be @ the start though @ 930 for an hour or so, to meet and copy the rom. Let me know if 930 is ok
Cheers
Chriso
[/quote]

It takes under a minute to read/copy your ROM data.

Make sure you bring a flashdrive or something similar that i can save it onto so you can send it of the that place in WA.

NoobleXTC
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby NoobleXTC » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:00 pm

Is there a plan still pushing through with the group ecu flashing? If so I am interested :)

Return to “South Australia & Northern Territory”