***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Drivers that show contempt (in any form) against the Lancer

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:14 pm

I hate people who think their car is 'the only real car' or whatever.

That tends to lead to me hating many commodore drivers :P

If a car maker was truly bad they'd go under. I'd never abuse someone because of their maker choice...

Well maybe smart cars. :D

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:52 pm

I'll second that smart car comment, have u driven one? If so was it a MHD? Try work one the plastic pieces of junk, turbo three banger? Not even smart

OHH YEA!!!!

tomtom
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby tomtom » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:09 pm

My sister has an impreza, think of the rivalry there haha. Her cars goes like shit though, it barely revs. took it for a drive and was a bit bored, having a 1st gear that does rev its nuts off when you plant it is so boring.

A bit more on topic, Ive never had anyone shake there head at me or anything like that, but im a red p plater, so most people think i have a pretty good car lol.

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:15 am

I'm a member of a local Cruise club here in the ACT, all types of cars and I compete in audio comps too (so bonnet open so judges can check your wiring and battery are in order) Couple people with V8's have jokingly said; "Something happened to your car. You're missing 4 cylinders." But it's just that, joking.

I have seen this type of thing driving around. Last time I went up to Sydney I had a P plate driver try to egg me on for a bit of a race. I just sat on cruise control and let him go. 15 min or so later a highway Patrol car rolled past me in the right hand lane and another 15 and I saw the P plater pulled over.

I seem to recall waving >.>
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:49 am

AJjnr86 wrote:I'll second that smart car comment, have u driven one? If so was it a MHD? Try work one the plastic pieces of junk, turbo three banger? Not even smart

Nope. And I never will. :D
There seems to be a lot of gimmicky cars lately and I don't really like a few but I don't tell the owners about it, that's just rude. I don't think I could help myself with Smart cars though :D

I've played around with other drivers on the road before, particularly older lancers (they start it :P) but haven't met anyone who insults my car in a non-joking manner 'yet'.

I think a lot of prejudice is aimed at our mods rather than our model though (but I've got no obvious mods yet. Unless its night time :wink:).
They see a sticker or a black bonnet etc and think 'bloody ricer' or 'bloody hoon' without acknowledging the care we have for our cars, the time we put in, or knowing anything about us.

tomtom
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby tomtom » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:51 pm

scraverX wrote:I have seen this type of thing driving around. Last time I went up to Sydney I had a P plate driver try to egg me on for a bit of a race. I just sat on cruise control and let him go. 15 min or so later a highway Patrol car rolled past me in the right hand lane and another 15 and I saw the P plater pulled over.

I seem to recall waving >.>

Classic haha!

My dad and i always have fun when we are driving together, his vrx is a bit faster though :(. When you see another CJ you become competitive ;)

Envoke
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Envoke » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:27 pm

I only cop abuse from p platers, primarily commondores, i like pedestrians, cant keep their eyes off while they walk across the street haha. Ive only raced an SS once, was about 5 yrs old, owned it hard then the 3rd lights he just went crazy and did around 100 in a 60km/h zone. I was impressed, naturally. haha

The news the other night had a hoons story and well basically pointed out the commonhore or commondore as you like, is the hoon national car. Yeah. Ego's a plenty in those cars.

Stalker
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Stalker » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:49 pm

only people ive ever gotten shit about my car for were commodore and falcon drivers. and im talking old EB falcons that the lancers could flog round a track anyway haha so i tend not to care. us P platers with CJ lancers are lucky to have such good cars for our age

tomtom
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby tomtom » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:55 pm

i think the CJ is one of the best P plater cars you can get.
Everyone who jumps in my car always says something nice about it :)

Stalker
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Stalker » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:59 pm

same. especially with the work i've done to it. and some people i know gave me shit about it before, i let them drive it and they took it all back. and one of those people owns a 33 skyline turbo haha

Ash
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Ash » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:20 pm

Most people I have met have openly dissed my car, and were not joking either. For some reason, people just hate on Lancers! stuff's me why!! I love the car! :D
ClubCJ's Provider of LOLZ - CCJ Lifetime Member #0026.

Functional can GTFO :lol:

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:46 pm

Maybe Lancers are the Japanese version of Volvo; everyone hates them :lol:

Ive seen an Audi Continent-on-wheels take on an SS ute and win. You do see some strange hating going on and vs matches at the lights too. Strangest would be two buses. Not joking either, regular on Wellington Rd/Princes Fwy area right up to Blackburn Rd. One time I did want the two cars in front to do it at the lights was a Nissan Pulsar and a Porsche Boxter. I wanted the Pulsar to take on the Boxster as I wanted to get in the lane it was in :lol:

Envoke
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Envoke » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Ive seen an xr6 (2010) race a r34 skyline, priceless, skyline started late (probably didnt know they were racing) but destroyed the falcon lol, hilarious. Anything that makes a falcodore cry, i condone :P
Red goes faster. MUCH faster.

blade888
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby blade888 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:01 pm

I get WRX's revving their engines at me ALL the TIME. It's the unwritten rule of Lancer vs Impreza. It's quite annoying. Some drivers regardless of car will break the road laws and risk everyone's safety just to be in front of you.

One time along Pacific Highway near Pymble where it goes from three lanes to two lanes and solid lines with a stripped area on the right. I was in the right lane and had one person cut in front of me over solid lines with less than half a car length in front of me. I slammed the brakes, all is good, I hear a scretch of the Ute behind me, then another, and then another, horns insued.. Then a siren.. a cop car was 4 cars back and saw exactly what happened (as it was a slight up hill crest that sweeps left), He drives along the stripped median area on my right and pulls over the driver that cut me off in the stripped area. I drive past trying not to laugh.

Karma..
Sportback VR/GReddy Spectrum Elite/Advanti Medusa/K&N High-Flow Performance Panel Filter/Cusco Racing Braces

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:44 pm

I race every now and then, but stop when I hit the spied limit, so pretty much I just get to speed quickly, don't go over as I need my license

I almost had my front bumper taken off by some wanker that cut in front of me the other day

OHH YEA!!!!

Return to “General Talk”