***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

ARS HL2 Rear lip/diffuser installed

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

funnyfi
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

ARS HL2 Rear lip/diffuser installed

Postby funnyfi » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Hey guys, i picked this item up a while back, and hadn't had the time to take it to a shop. When i received it i was a bit disappointed, there was a crack/chip in it and also a few scratches, however shipping was fast.

I took it to concord customs who were very friendly and helpful, did a great job for a great price. However one thing that has worried me is when i went to pick up the car today, the person there asked if i had been in an accident or if i had had the car from brand new because he pointed out the rear bumper was a darker shade of grey as if it had been resprayed.

I'm about 100% sure it was not like that before, i'm guessing they sprayed the rear bumper to colormatch the lip to it....it's subtle but it is sorta noticeable. sigh~ what do you guys think?

its got some tape holding as bracing on it right now, will take pics of it later.

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:24 pm

Most of our bumpers are a slightly different colour to the rest of the car. Plastic takes the paint differently to the metal.
GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

funnyfi
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby funnyfi » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:40 pm

draevon wrote:Most of our bumpers are a slightly different colour to the rest of the car. Plastic takes the paint differently to the metal.

you, sir, are my new best friend :D haha i was really down about it, like i felt violated, but what you have said does sorta comfort me. i'll take a better look later. how's the teins? i want to get them but i'm scared for my shocks :P

anyone else have opinions or can back up what draevon said??

many thanks

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:32 pm

You should see our Dark Blue outlander in the Sun. The Plastic bits are more purple than blue in the sun.. lol...
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

funnyfi
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby funnyfi » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:28 pm

thanks for the responses guys, i think it was just a psychological thing :P

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:32 pm

No worries.

TEINS are awesome. No strut issues as yet, but I do scrape from time to time. That's the price you pay :)

GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

ralliartas
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ralliartas » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:45 pm

My front and rear plastic bits are a darker shade of red than the rest of the car too ... more noticeable at times ... depending on the light.

Return to “Exterior”