***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Alarm Upgrade for the CJ

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:07 pm

:lol: Why couldn't they have offered that at least as an option in ours...

The installation was a bit tricky lzy_eye. The module is all wired in, the siren is mounted down, just need to run the siren's wires into the car and connect it to the alarm module.

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:14 pm

Sounds like fun!! Maybe I will pay someone to do it when I get around to purchasing it... not too keen on JB doing the install though!!

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:16 pm

:lol: Know how to solder?

If so then you'll be right, there instructions were dodgey, but I can point you in the right direction.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:18 pm

That way
|
|
|
|
v

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:19 pm

I need to get a decent iron, but yeah I can do a bit of soldering :)

I will let you know when I get the alarm... probably won't be for a couple of months I have blown my budget so far!!

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:21 pm

Ok, when you're ready get a price and I'll check to see what my JB guy can do it for...

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:17 pm

Not directly related to alarms, but specifically for the immobiliser on the ES/Activ. The security indicator light next to the hazard button doesn't appear to do anything for me. Without installing an alarm, is it meant to do nothing at all?

On my dad's Camry, there's a "Security" indicator which flashes red every 3 seconds or so if the key is removed. The Lancer doesn't appear to do this at all, which I think is a negative. At least it'll be a deterrent if something does flash at all!

Fitter
Club Vendor
Club Vendor

Postby Fitter » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:59 am

Im going to be talking to my store manager and working out a suitable price for a group buy/bulk purchase on an Insurance and Australian Standards approved upgrade alarm for the CJ lancers.

its all black wire, battery back up siren (cut ANY wire to it and it goes off) tap in your door switches, bonnet, boot, factory keyless entry.

and the biggy... 2 points of immobilisation - this is the minimum requirement for ANY alarm or upgrade to meet Australian standards.

Insurance approved when installed by a qualified installer.
CLUB CJ CAR AUDIO VENDOR
Owner and Builder of Australia's LOUDEST STREET LEGAL Lancer 147.5dB

2013 WORLD TITLE
2012 QLD State Champion
2008 Australian Champion

Clone
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Clone » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:47 am

That will be nice Fitter, looking forward to your good news.

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:27 am

Guys,
Apart from having a siren go off if anybody opens a door etc is there any real point in having an alarm on modern cars???
Apart from the alerting feature the anti theft side of having an alarm is taken care of by the factory.

The built in factory security is basically that without the correct key it is for all practical purposes impossible to start as the ECU will not allow, ignition, fuel or starter to operate.
The most important thing is preventing the car being stolen.
Apart from you responding to the siren, no one else will really pay attention to it or respond to it.

I had a high end alarm with anti jacking feature in my 1996 Mitsu Eclipse Turbo in the USA as they didn't have mandatory immobilizers in those days.

I didnt know the RA and EVO have a factory siren etc????
I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING......

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:51 am

Dummer wrote:I have also once forget to fully wind up a window :lol: and I'm sure I'll prolly forget another time if I dont soemthing that does it! (not sure why they didnt just ingrate this into the VRX entry system) :?

I no this is going back a while but just read it. I have seen a make up kit for jay car that does this, was a while ago so not sure if they still do it, but it is a good idea, have ur windows wind up automatically when u lock ur car

OHH YEA!!!!

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:18 am

aussie027 wrote:Guys,
Apart from having a siren go off if anybody opens a door etc is there any real point in having an alarm on modern cars???
Apart from the alerting feature the anti theft side of having an alarm is taken care of by the factory.

The built in factory security is basically that without the correct key it is for all practical purposes impossible to start as the ECU will not allow, ignition, fuel or starter to operate.
Apart from you responding to the siren, no one else will really pay attention to it or respond to it.

I had a high end alarm with anti jacking feature in my 1996 Mitsu Eclipse Turbo in the USA as they didn't have mandatory immobilizers in those days.

Mathew I think alarms are good if you park your car on the street at night. How often do you here all the cars in a street have been broken in to. It only takes one alarm to go off and the thieves take off.

Often your insurance premiums will be cheaper as well.

My question is how long do new alarm last for? My experience with alarms they only lasted about 10 years.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:02 pm

Fitter wrote:Im going to be talking to my store manager and working out a suitable price for a group buy/bulk purchase on an Insurance and Australian Standards approved upgrade alarm for the CJ lancers.

its all black wire, battery back up siren (cut ANY wire to it and it goes off) tap in your door switches, bonnet, boot, factory keyless entry.

and the biggy... 2 points of immobilisation - this is the minimum requirement for ANY alarm or upgrade to meet Australian standards.

Insurance approved when installed by a qualified installer.

What if you cut the siren wire? what will make the noise?

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:06 pm

aussie027 wrote:Guys,

and isnt it the immobilizer, that stops that. there is a simple way around an immobilizer. they are just hidden in the depths of the car. as in deep behind the dash once you get it its as simple as connecting the wires that the immobilizer does when it receives the keys coded signal when you stick it in the ignition. at least they use to be like that unless they have started implementing them in to the ECU now

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:02 pm

Blakey wrote:
What if you cut the siren wire? what will make the noise?

The siren has a back up battery in it so if they fo cut it it still annoys u

OHH YEA!!!!

Return to “Electrical”