***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Scariest thing you've ever had happen in your CJ.

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:59 am

definitely.

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:36 am

Josh_Emerton wrote:it was a day when I did some speed tests up at the local track, and then I couldnt resist one on a long straight section of road on the way home...and that road just wasnt flat enough

Even worse imo..... You've already left the track, and then you do speeds like that on public roads.... wtf man....?

Leave it on the track - you'll live longer
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

Kermit in a Blender
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Kermit in a Blender » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:15 pm

Scariest Thing was those Two Grey Roos that hopped accross in front of the Wife's CJ, when I was travelling near Puckapunyal.

As I lined up to pass to the rear of the Greys, the silly buggars then stopped and propped blocking both lanes of the road.

Thank God for the Mitsu Brakes, and thank God that I was not driving my car, a 1986 Landcruiser, there is no way that it could have stopped in time.
ROAD KILL

Peanut
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Peanut » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:19 pm

My first was in traffic when i looked into the rear view and saw a honda come screaming up then bang rear ended after having the car for 3 weeks and second was leaving my mates one night to come out and find my car had been egged, drove straight to car wash was lucky didnt stain the paint.
Look Out! in The Shire!!
The Can Crusher, Tuckin' Rubber, Pancake Flat. - CCJ Premium Member #0022

bobcrusader wrote:
Blake, you must be a member of the fun police? Do you know my wife?

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:28 pm

Its always a Honda ey?

I was driving home the other week and a tool in a Civic was driving way too fast, zipping out between lanes, from one to the other, and he wanted to turn right at an intersection when I was going straight, and the lights on said intersection were red, he was in the left lane, I'm in the right lane, he goes to skip behind me across both lanes, and I'm slowing down for the red light...it resulted in him missing me by about half a foot, and ONLY because I accelerated again. Which resulted in my brakes squealing as I tried not to hit the car in front of me. Meanwhile, he hadnt seen the line of cars waiting to turn right, and he had to brake so hard he smoked it.

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:47 pm

since i come to visit my parents on the weekends, n they live in the middle of nowhere surrounded by sugar cane farm, u always see kangaroos, scaryest thing is that i was driving at night bak to my parents place n a bunch of roos were in the middle of the road, i braked and they all jumped away but one jumped right at my car n it went under n i herd a hit but i looked bak n saw it got up n hop away i was like fewwwwww i didnt want to kill the animal, checked under the car no harm done so it was ok

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:02 pm

'I do all my own stunts'

That happened to a ute in front of us once...one crossed the road, ute doesnt slow down, then TWO, like a second later (they dont all go at once, just one by one over delayed intervals) and ute brakes, then continues, and then a third one right when the ute has NO chance at braking, goes straight under it. Comes out the other side, Dad comes up with that golden line above, and Megan (my sis) is like crying hahahaha.

Ive had a bandicoot go under my car with this huge bump once. I got out, couldnt see it anywhere, assumed it had run off, checked the car was like Sweet its all good...

then I spotted the bandicoot lying a good 20m away off to the side sorta thing.

Ive also been following a car so see it swerve with brakes and everything, go upwards on a 45 degree angle (and this is a little Toyota), and then come back down again. I've stopped, to see this dog in the middle of the road. I stop, hazard lights on, and get out (the Toyota has pulled over, I'm the next car) and I quickly controlled traffic, 3-line highway I basically closed off the centre lane and directed traffic to the side-lines. I take off my jacket and grab the took and take it to the side (this is McCormack St near the Resevior Rd turnoff blanka) and then go to get my car...to see a cop car lights flashing parked behind it!

Cops just said 'move your car, we'll leave ours there) and called a vet for the dog. It lived.

Kermit in a Blender
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Kermit in a Blender » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:14 pm

Always be careful about running over snakes.

A mate ran over a snake in his ute, but it flicked up onto the chassis rails and rode home stunned. When he climbed out at home, the snake stuck it's head out from the rear wheel arch. My mate ran, but he never saw the snake leave...............................
ROAD KILL

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:32 pm

I've also heard of snakes getting flicked up by the tyres going into open drives side windows

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

BeHaV3
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BeHaV3 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:42 pm

My wife drove me home last night in the RA after I indulged at the Belgian Beer Cafe. Apart from 2 near misses (one before she was even out of the car park), she decided to test out the cars performance on the windy back steets. Lucky the alcohol relaxed me!

She stepped out and said she did not like the car because the transmission. "works/sounds too much like a manual". Oh well, cant please people who prefer manuals, cant please auto lovers either.
CJ RA. Stock!

Tenchi
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Tenchi » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:25 pm

Lol @ "works/sounds too much like a manual"

Traction control....is scary in the wet.

One time, around a roundabout going less than 10km/h, damp roads....went left then right. Only thing is that it didnt want to turn right and almost ended up going straight into the kerb before snapping back.

Cold tires was probably one of the main causes for it though.

Another time, going at speed in heavy rain, reached the top of a slight incline, enough for the car to feel light. At that point traction control kicked in probably from the reduced weight ie less grip and caused the back to snap out. I was literally countering the traction control lol
Flickr page!
*OFFICIAL ClubCJ - New South Wales PHOTOGRAPHER*

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:41 pm

yeah love it when that happens....happens a lot in this area.

But not always in wet

bigdave_1988
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby bigdave_1988 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:06 pm

hey josh if u ever decide to drive down to bris vegas could u please pm me so i know to leave my car at home... sounds like trouble just follows u mate

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:45 pm

bigdave_1988 wrote:hey josh if u ever decide to drive down to bris vegas could u please pm me so i know to leave my car at home... sounds like trouble just follows u mate

TRUE!!!

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:26 pm

Hey what?

Return to “General Talk”