New member from Melbourne :)

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Kangaaz
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

New member from Melbourne :)

Postby Kangaaz » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi all, I have purchased a CJ Lancer Activ last week, awaiting delivery. It is a manual in silver, as I wanted a manual car but unfortunately there wasn't much colour choices left as most of the Activ have been sold.

Anyways while reading about the car, I stumpled across this forum! This forum is amazing and some of the cars here just want to make to drool :D There are so many mods here I don't even know where to begin, thinking about the exterior first, maybe the chrome strip on the front grill that I have been seeing alot :D

Up until 2 weeks ago I was a owner of a FD Civic and part of Ozhonda. However the car was involved in an accident and was written off :( . This is my new home now, and I hope to learn from you all as I am still new to Mitsubishi.

Cheers from Kangaaz!

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:55 pm

welcome to CCJ , if there's any thing on your mind that your not sure , just ask and i'm sure the members will help you out :)
Lancer Evolution 10MR

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:10 pm

Welcome mate.
Yeah unfortunately this site has a tendency to empty peoples pockets with the crazy amount of mods avaliable!!!

Enjoy mate.
Plenty of help and info. Just try and have a game plan for your car!
Official ClubCJ Sponsor.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Welcome to the club.

Sad news about the old car but good news you have a new exciting new toy.

Post some pictures when you get the car.

Try to go to a Vic. meet and meet the members.

They have a cruise Friday night. I am sure some one could pick you up and take you around in their car.

Best of luck with the modding.

Edit.
One other thing never trust a dealer when they tell you, that you can get the colour you want. Often it is they do not have it and just want you to buy the car they have on their lot.. Try ringing other dealers. When you find it go back to your dealer and give them what for.

My dealer tried talking me out of the sun roof because they had a champagne Aspire in the yard. I threatened to walk out and go else where. "Give me what I want not what you have". Next day they found my car.
Last edited by aspir3 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:08 pm

Welcome!

Mitsu should really make the Activ a permanent model... I don't think they've sold anything else in the time its been out :P
I was aiming for an RX but there were zero manual ones left at the time...

Theres PLENTY of ideas for you here. :wink:

Kangaaz
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Kangaaz » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Thanks for all the welcome guys! Will definitely post some pics when the car is delivered, and keep updated about the mods :)

I went to several dealers in Melbourne when buying the Activ. The first 2 told me to forget about manuals, told me there was NON left whatsoever aus wide, and tried to sell me a VR instead so I left. The next dealer I went to won't budge on prices at all, they had a few albeit limited choices, but didnt even do the 'pretend' to talk to my boss and see if i can get this deal approved' trick, even though he knew i was going to sign today right there. Finally got one. Finally settled on one on my fourth dealer trip. They stopped manufacturing the Activ in May so I guess numbers are low now, phew lucky!

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Welcome Kang,

As Troy mentioned, we're having a meet this Friday night so do come along to have a look see at all the cars. You will be welcomed.

Could I request that you name the dealers you went to and how they treated you?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:07 pm

Welcome mate :) Enjoy the club :P And what's left of your money in your bank account :P

Kangaaz
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Kangaaz » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Really appreciate the invite guys especially my first day here, unfortunately I already have other commitments that night so regretfully have to pass this time :( But on the bright side, I will have a car soon and will be on the next Vic Cruise :D

I visted Heidleberg Mit, Nunwading Mit on Whitehorse, Penfold Mit and City Mit. I don't want to single anyone out for legal/other reasons. No dealer was particular rude or anything, just that I was getting conflicting answers about the stock availability as I needed a replacement car ASAP, and some didn't bother to check the computer records so I thought if they were not genuine in wanting to sell me an Activ, so I just move on.

I bought my car from Penfold if anyone is interested, and basically with free paint, fuel, matts and front bumper blackout strip for free, not too much room to wiggle.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Kang:
If only you knew of our sponsor Preston Motors Ralliart in Campbellfield. They would have made it a hassle free experience.

I bought my car from Penfold on Burwood highway as well and have also gotten them 2 sales since then. If only you brought me along, I could have knocked some more off.

Anyways, glad you're coming soon... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars

EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

ejay
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby ejay » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:31 pm

Welcome Kang,

I too found buying my activ an interesting experience. I went to one dealer who after keeping me there for an hour offered me almost nothing on my trade and then was not prepared to budge on their retail price. The end result an $7500 changeover. I then let my computer do the walking and found that the team at Alan Mance in Footscray would offer me what I wanted for my trade ($2000 more than the previous unamed dealer) as well as no extra for metallic paint and a few other extras which resulted in a $4500 changeover.

Anyway I am glad you finally got your activ and I know you will really enjoy it.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:46 pm

hiya kangaaz, mitsu must be selling a *hitload of activs.
welcome to the club and say goodbye to any spare change ;)
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:28 pm

Hey Kang, welcome n all that - hope to see you at a meet some time soon
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

Ral1rt
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ral1rt » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Welcome mate, Congrats on the purchase!
Owner: Matt Stewart
09 Ralliart tuned at MPC
13.22 @ 106mph Australia's 2nd fastest Ralliart. (Ill get you captain :-) )

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”