***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Scariest thing you've ever had happen in your CJ.

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Scariest thing you've ever had happen in your CJ.

Postby Josh_Emerton » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:45 pm

Ok - simple - whats the scariest thing you've ever had happen to you in regards to your CJ?

Ive got a few

Firstly - I've slid out of control a few times - including once at over 220kmph on a bumpy road...I'll never do that again. And once at less than 50kmph on a HUGE wet roundabout..one second I was cruising round it next second I was facing the centre of it!

Secondly - My car got attacked by ants 2 days ago. I was in uni, went back out to my car at the end of the day, walked around the front coz I'd parked on top of a sprinkler (idiot me) and noticed a few ants on the front bumper. No biggie, they'd fly off. Then I noticed a line of them going from the front bumper, across the drivers side fender, up above the doors and down the back....I thought ok..they'll come off too. I opened the door and saw a few on the dashboard, a few on my seat, a few on the floor etc, so I started squishing (I brushed off the line of them first) and thought I'd dont it. Then I noticed a few coming out of my engine bay at the top of my hood...so I sprung the hood. And the sight of about 200 ants met my eyes all around the top drivers side section of my engine bay! I drove to Coles and bought cheap ant spray, all the while fending them off as they crawled through the vent system (I assume). Not so much scary as overwhelming.

Any stories from you?

I'll think of more lol.

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:55 pm

220kmph is retarded... :S

whitlam
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby whitlam » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:04 pm

A few months ago I had a 15 cm huntsman spider climb around my A pillar whilst doing 50km/h, luckily I was in a back street and could pull over straight away

Then last week there was another on the rear windscreen but fortunately my brother saw it before we got in.

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:42 pm

boomer wrote:picture says a thousand words.....

at least we weren't in it at the time.

*crys* wow i cryed looking at that lolz reminds me of wat happened to my cj i left it at the muffler shop to get a muffler n the guy that owns the bussiness next door backed n scraped the rear of my cj (lucky i wasnt there at the time i woulda cryed lolz) when i got the call from the shop n went to look at it i was like WTFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!! MY BABY but its all good, the guy that backed into my cj took care of everything n now its all fixed lolz ^^

JD
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby JD » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:52 pm

Agree 220km/h is a bit excessive

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:08 am

So far the scariest thing was travelling home from work and being clipped by a bus on Parramatta road and nearly losing my driver's side mirror (His Fault) - he wandered into my lane and I had no where to go!
Fortunately I could fix the mirror
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:21 am

boomer wrote:
blanka wrote:*crys* wow i cryed looking at that lolz reminds me of wat happened to my cj i left it at the muffler shop to get a muffler n the guy that owns the bussiness next door backed n scraped the rear of my cj (lucky i wasnt there at the time i woulda cryed lolz) when i got the call from the shop n went to look at it i was like WTFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!! MY BABY but its all good, the guy that backed into my cj took care of everything n now its all fixed lolz ^^

the picture doesn't show the front - which was just as bad.
fortunately this one was just replaced, as I don't think I'd have been comfortable with it just being fixed.

O_O oh wow lolz i woulda probably woulda cryed then raged lolz

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:36 am

That looks SO bad boomer...Did someone just hit ya parked car or what? At high speed too...

To the guys that disapprove my of 220+, it was a day when I did some speed tests up at the local track, and then I couldnt resist one on a long straight section of road on the way home...and that road just wasnt flat enough. Track for me from now on. I caught it, no damage or anything. And I completely disapprove of street racing. Unless its some punk who thinks his Excel is 'the shit'.

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:43 am

Josh_Emerton wrote: I completely disapprove of street racing. Unless its some punk who thinks his Excel is 'the shit'.

lmao i know one lolz

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:44 am

Then trash him at the lights.

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:47 am

>.< he sounds like he got turbo lolz

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:49 am

its an excel....

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:55 am

Josh_Emerton wrote:its an excel....

ahahahahhaha yeh it is a piece of crap lolz onlly see him when im driving my work van lolz, ahahah should give him a go with that lmao

Return to “General Talk”