***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

WA Track Day / Pics Page 13+

Local WA State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:31 pm

Haha you're in! 8)

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:04 pm

My wife read that over my shoulder and just smiled and rolled her eyes... at least its not a no!

lol. well that's a good sign then :) she could come along and watch if she wants as well, my other half probably will.

really though, there's little to no risk involved unless you don't know how to drive to your own and the car's capabilities. it's not as if we'll be racing each other (little point in that anyway, you'd win every time! haha).

i'll probably drive like a grandma in comparison to most, but i'm just doing it to have fun legally, not to prove anything to anyone.

i also really want to see an Evo X up close (apart from in the showroom next to my RA!), if that helps any? please? it's for future purchase research...:P

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:17 pm

as me laura.... would like to get up close n personal with an RA so i can make my executive decision in gettin it next year.....

~LancerVR~
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Devil (cj-red)

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:00 am

Laura you're coming to the next cruise. :P

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:57 pm

Dire wrote:Laura you're coming to the next cruise. :P

lol. i am?

come to the track day, you'll get to see the car then.

Massaen
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Massaen » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:13 pm

OK... with a heavy heart i have to bow out...

In my mind, I would want insurance due to the way the car is being paid for (novated lease through the company i work for) in the event of anything happening...

That said, I am investigating how to get 1 day track insurance... if we had 10 people we could get it for $30 each! I am just doing the research on the fine print. Problem is we also need 4 weeks notice... and the club to be Cams affiliated... working on getting around the affiliation...

Plus as my wife pointed out - it was exactly 3 weeks after i got the black evo the storm hit... and the track day is exactly 3 weeks after i picked up this one...

Are you prone to superstition??? She is...
I have a 3 year old son who KNOWS i should drive faster! So why do i get fined?!?

Massaen
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Massaen » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:14 pm

might come down anyway to check it out though!
I have a 3 year old son who KNOWS i should drive faster! So why do i get fined?!?

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:39 pm

Massaen wrote:might come down anyway to check it out though!

you better! :P

i am a bit superstitious, so i don't blame you (or your wife) for feeling it might be a bit too much of a coincidence with the 3 week thing.

it'd be awesome if we could get insurance, won't hold my breath though. i was talking to David at RPW about it today and he reckons if you're going to do the track thing the RAC one is the safest one to do.

believe me, i would not be doing it if i didn't trust it was the safest way. i in no way could afford to replace the car if i wrote it off, or probably even repair it if it were damaged. and having to pay for a car i no longer had would be heartbreaking.

i just have to trust my own driving ability... :shock: hmmm, maybe i should pull out too. lol.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:13 pm

Live a little people! Why do you have turbo's?! :P

Its not like you're expected to gun it. Do a slow lap, then pick up some speed each time around.

Nobody will go 100%, theres no prize money :P:D

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:21 pm

LOL Jake, i was joking. Sif i'm not going.

I said this earlier - i bought the RA to have fun with it! :P

Massaen
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Massaen » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:45 pm

I am now 99% sure we could get insurance for future runs... hell i would organise the events!

Dire wrote:Live a little people! Why do you have turbo's?! :P

Its not like you're expected to gun it. Do a slow lap, then pick up some speed each time around.

Nobody will go 100%, theres no prize money :P:D

I wish it was that simple... I have yet to find a middle ground in the evo between nice and sedate and ball tearing eyeball peeling terror.

Plus like i said - the complication lies in the way the car was purchased... technically its a company car despite the fact its in my name... no insurance means problems...for me at least.

But like i said... i will try and come down... hell - If i am taking the day off to do it - anyone fancy lunch before hand?

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:11 am

I am now 99% sure we could get insurance for future runs... hell i would organise the events!

serious? that'd be awesome. then i could really test the limits. count me in for this if it happens.

i think Jake was joking btw, he does that! :P

i'll be coming straight from work to the track (don't have any leave to take the day off sadly) otherwise i'd do the lunch thing :)

And what company do you work for Mike?? Damn, wish my employer would give me a novated lease on a performance car! lol.

Massaen
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Massaen » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:50 am

MitsuLove wrote:serious? that'd be awesome. then i could really test the limits. count me in for this if it happens.
And what company do you work for Mike?? Damn, wish my employer would give me a novated lease on a performance car! lol.

My company has unlimited scope for the lease... but i have to pay for it! Then again, having a fleet card for fuel with an Evo does have it uses!!!

As for the race insurance... I have been speaking to Cams and the people who do their insurance... As a non competative event with a single club involved on an approved track we are looking at around $300 for the group... so 20 drivers would make it $15 each for the day!

BUT...

We need to either get ClubCJ to become Cams affiliated or (as was suggested to me by a lovely lady at Cams) the organiser ie me, needs to become part of a club which is already affiliated with Cams and host an event with invited guests ie you guys...

Then its a matter of going to barbegallo race way (the only registered cams race course) and paying the track fees... which i am still working on...

But given the paperwork i have to deal with for work, this is easy!

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:01 am

Then again, having a fleet card for fuel with an Evo does have it uses!!!

jealous much? *cries* i take it you don't work in the compressed air industry? *hopes for a miracle* :P

well i clearly didn't do my research properly. had no idea this track insurance thing could be done. i'll help you get it sorted if you need a hand, i work in admin so i'm no stranger to paperwork either! :)

i'm all for anything that makes actually driving a car how it should be driven legal and risk free!

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:03 am

Honestly doubt you'll get enough interest to make it happen :( WA is pretty empty. :P

Return to “Western Australia”