***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

New speed cameras on the Freeways

Local WA State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

razorwire
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby razorwire » Sun May 09, 2010 8:33 am

i, in no way, represent club cj or RoE with my actions :)

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Sun May 09, 2010 11:24 am

But aren't you RoE staff? :P
how was the cruise last night? I think it's the 3rd or 4th one I've missed since day 1 :shock:
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

razorwire
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby razorwire » Sun May 09, 2010 8:04 pm

haha yes i am roe staff but that doesnt mean the club condones what i do, how i do it or when i do it :P
i keep everything interesting for the rest of the staff hahah
the cruise went pretty well, some fruitcakes in there commodore v8's decided they wanted to do burnouts and doughnuts at the causway. they laughed at me when i approached them, but when coxey tried picking a fight they dissapeared haha

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Sun May 09, 2010 8:21 pm

lol, antilag I assume?
Yeah, you don't wanna mess with Coxey :P

ImageImage

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Thu May 27, 2010 8:33 pm

This website says the new Poliscan cameras have been in use since 18 April--

http://www.delonixradar.com.au/speed-ca ... liscan.php

Also on tonites 6pm news, the govt planning to ban all detectors and jammers like the rest of Aust.
I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING......

billy boy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Re: New speed cameras on the Freeways

Postby billy boy » Thu May 27, 2010 9:04 pm

Graham wrote:Hey guys,

I cannot confirm this but I've heard that there are now fully functional point to point speed cameras on the kwinana/mitchell freeways.

I'm aware that they've been trialling these along with the new 3d laser speed cameras but didn't know they're now working.
Apparantly these are already operational over east, can anyone confirm this also?

i assume you are talking about the safe-t-cam network? originally it was implemented on the highways at various points to ensure compliance with the fatigue legislation for commercial vehicles ie need a 15 minute break for every 6hr driving and a 6 hour break for the long haul - basically to enforce that drivers couldn't drive non-stop

They have been upgrading the system to detect driving unregistered / uninsured vehicles and the next stage is point to point speeding. i wasn't aware those are operational yet though, unless they are trialling the system?

what it does is pick up your number plate, store it in a db and when you go through the next one, it will calculate the time since the distance is finite (pt a to pt b), and will work out your average speed - if you are over, the bammo, you've got a love note being sent to your address ;)

here is a pic of the system here in sa

we are fascinated by that which can destroy us...

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Thu May 27, 2010 9:21 pm

They look a little different here, they seem to have small "white things" on lamp posts on every on/off ramp and in the middle of the exits..

Yes unfortunately laser based speed cameras have already been launched :( I don't think I've gone through one yet though

ImageImage

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Fri May 28, 2010 1:12 am

aussie027 wrote:This website says the new Poliscan cameras have been in use since 18 April--

http://www.delonixradar.com.au/speed-ca ... liscan.php

Also on tonites 6pm news, the govt planning to ban all detectors and jammers like the rest of Aust.

wow thats lucky that i just sold my detector recently.... since they are alrdy useless with the new laser cameras....

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Fri May 28, 2010 3:28 am

I may have been done by a camera last weekend. Never saw the camera or a flash. Was night time, only saw the damn sign despite looking for cameras on that stretch of road.

If it was a head on multanova setup the lack of flash probably means I'm OK. If it was a tailshot multanova or the new laser I wouldnt have seen the flash cause I wasnt looking behind and headlights of tailing cars would have masked it. Guess I will have to wait a couple of weeks to see if I get a fine or not in the mail.

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Fri May 28, 2010 8:34 am

apparantly it's infared so there isnt always a flash now but i havent confirmed that

ImageImage

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Fri May 28, 2010 2:57 pm

Hi Graham, Here are specs,

http://www.policespeedcameras.info/vitronic_specs.html

an infrared flash is an option.

I just hope I didnt get caaught and it was an old multanova.

razorwire
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby razorwire » Sun May 30, 2010 2:51 pm

so go faster than 250kmh and your safe? hahah but seriously, i hope they are not using infared because if they are then i have been done an extra three times. lets just hope its a case of them forgetting to put that little sign away haha. time for me to get a laser jammer me thinks :)

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Sun May 30, 2010 3:48 pm

Damien, this paragraph was from the above link Aussie027 postedL

We can now CONFIRM 100% that the Laser Pro Park does NOT jam (interfere) with these Perth speed cameras, despite claims by the Australian seller. The Poliscan speed cameras are a VPR (variable pulse rate) lidar unit (like the Truspeed 2) which is why many radar detectors have difficulty detecting them.

ImageImage

aussie027
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby aussie027 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:49 am

From The WA Police website FYI everyone in WA.
Note the location selection criteria---

Speed and redlight cameras

Speed and redlight cameras were first introduced in Western Australia in 1988. There are 23 operational mobile speed cameras and 30 redlight cameras being rotated through 62 sites. All of these devices capture a wet film image.

On Monday 12 July 2010 new digital mobile speed and redlight/speed cameras will be in operation. They are being rolled out to replace the current aging wet film cameras.

Initially, there will be 13 redlight/speed cameras at the intersections, as listed below.

WA Police is working with Main Roads WA and the Office of Road Safety to identify the remaining 17 redlight/speed intersections. The sites will be chosen after consideration of factors such as:

· The number of fatal and serious crashes.

· Traffic volume.

· Installation costs.

· Road conditions.

· Future planned road developments.

The new PoliScanspeed laser mobile speed cameras are able to capture both front and rear number plates of the same vehicle when it is detected speeding. They can also distinguish the speeds of vehicles which are side by side in different lanes and identify which if any vehicle is speeding. Seven cameras are being deployed now with the additional 16 to be in service once they arrive from production in Germany.

Locations for mobile speed cameras are selected after an evaluation of the following criteria:

· On a road where a fatal or serious crash has occurred where speed is an element. Camera to be positioned at a similar time of day. Crash to have occurred within last 2 years.

· At locations of 'speed related complaint' that demand a positive response to inappropriate or unsafe driver behaviour (complaints to be derived from the Hoon Hotline in the metropolitan area);

· At school zone locations;

· At locations where speed in excess of the posted speed limit has been recorded by more than 15% of road users;

· At locations in accordance with the above criteria only.

WA Police have also purchased 14 new laser handheld speed cameras. These cameras will be used by frontline police officers across WA. WA Police are also investigating the introduction of other new speed enforcement technologies such as, Point to Point and Fixed Site speed cameras.

Mobile speed cameras locations in the metropolitan area are listed below and in the media.

The WA Government and WA Police are committed to improving Road Safety. The introduction of the new speed and redlight/speed cameras will contribute to the WA Governments ‘Towards Zero Road Safety Strategy’ by influencing road user behaviour and reduce the number of fatal and serious injury crashes caused by speeding.

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:18 am

Now they just need to work on drink driving, driver fatigue, driver mistakes, stopping wildlife from jumping infront of cars and the varuous other things that cause crashes :P

but nahhh, no need to do that 'coz speeding is what causes all the crashes

ImageImage

Return to “Western Australia”