***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Stolen diamond emblem badge

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue May 25, 2010 7:24 pm

Front badge is harder to remove... 2 screws and a plastic weld to break ;)

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Tue May 25, 2010 7:26 pm

I don't think people will be stealing from a SB :P Seeing how its curved and all :)
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Tue May 25, 2010 7:51 pm

Thought I red somewhere that the sportback badge has pins that hold it in the hatch. :?:

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Tue May 25, 2010 7:53 pm

Michelle Sorry To Hear Someone has Nicked your Badge " ROTTEN SOD'S " Maybe Someone Stole Theirs & didn't want to pay for a new one..
Still NO excuse to Steel someone Else's

It's petty Disheartening When we take pride in our Cars & others Have No Respect ,

I Don't Know But is there a more secure way of putting The new Badge On Instead of the Tape ?

Just A Question for Some while on the Subject of Badge's ...

I Have wondered Why some debadge Their Lancers ? When we are all Proud having A CJ Lancer ... Just Wondering ...

Cheers Doreen :?
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue May 25, 2010 7:56 pm

billyboy wrote:Thought I red somewhere that the sportback badge has pins that hold it in the hatch. :?:

Ahh. Yeah tiny ones, I remember now. Maybe even just one, I can't remember properly.
Dunno if they do much or just help in alignment (cos its bent it needs to go on the right way).

Had it done for me. It has tape aswell.

StrkEagle
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby StrkEagle » Tue May 25, 2010 8:15 pm

yeah I saw a local ralliart sportback, that had the boot emblem ripped off, there were a couple of holes and a mess of double sided tape residue

Pete

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Tue May 25, 2010 11:04 pm

LZY_EYE wrote:The diamond badge are held on with tape. There are no holes underneath at all.

Better than Hondas which leave two little prongs!

But yes I am considering debadging it... saw a debadged Evo7 (no Mitsu badge) and it looked pretty good/clean.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Wed May 26, 2010 10:19 am

i love a debadged boot. Wasn't 100% convinced when I first did it, but wouldn't have it any other way now.

GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Wed May 26, 2010 10:29 am

ill be taking my badge off soon, getting a new one with the repair so if you want it i can send you it. i dont want anything for it. let me know unless you have already bought one.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

seventieschick
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby seventieschick » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:35 pm

Thanks guys. Yep, it's very disappointing. And yeah, it could have been worse. I dread the car getting keyed too, I try not to think about it :(

At least it wasn't expensive to replace. The damage he did on the other hand.....

... After I had a good look at it the next day I noticed a couple of bad scratches and when we took the tape off there were some more that we couldn't see while the tape was on. Also, in a couple of places he's pushed so hard he's dented the car :(

Hey Doreen, no it just sticks on with double sided tape....... As for debadging, we took the VR badge off the back when we replaced the diamond badge. I like the diamond badge though so I wouldn't take that off. It's just as well that I do - we couldn't take it off now even if we wanted to since the back of the car is so badly scratched :(

Aaw, thanks Blakey, but we ended up getting it from the local Mitsu dealer that week. I couldn't stand the sight of the missing badge and the scratches that I just had to get the new one on ASAP. But thanks so much for the offer :)

Thanks Adrian, that's good to know!

For JaCe: Some pics posted of what it looks like behind the badge, one of all scratches and one of the replacement badge!

Red Tail-light Brigade Member #6
ClubCJ Premium Member #146

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:38 pm

did you wire the battery up so if they try to steal it again they will get a nasty ... wait for it ..... wait for it... A SHOCK hahahaha i crack myslef up sometimes

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:48 pm

bd-850 wrote:did you wire the battery up so if they try to steal it again they will get a nasty ... wait for it ..... wait for it... A SHOCK hahahaha i crack myslef up sometimes

you could just get a good old neon transformer. 12V - 14,000V and have that hooked up to your car so when your car is locked your metal bodywork it at 14,000 that would bloody hurt and stop someone touching your car.

i know what 1,000V (got it from a proper megga hurt my hand alot.) feels like so 14,000 isn't gonna be nice.

seventieschick
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby seventieschick » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:50 pm

Lol Ben!

Red Tail-light Brigade Member #6

ClubCJ Premium Member #146

shamrockshirts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby shamrockshirts » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:17 am

Just saw this post. That really sucks, I lost my Ralliart badge last year because someone wanted it too.

Let me know if you still need a badge. I've debadged mine and have a spare one sitting here.

Cheers
John

wasita
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby wasita » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:41 am

How did you debadge your label ?cuz I want to debadge my car this weekend.
My friend suggested me use Hair Dryer to heat up the glue and use fishing string to debadge it

Return to “General Talk”