***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What are your pet hates when it comes to other drivers?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:01 am

billyboy wrote:
Chubb wrote:
SIR-VRX wrote:Undertaking (passing on the left) is not against the road rules oz, it is frowned upon though.

Not so sure but I thought in NSW you could undertake on dual carriage way, but you can not undertake on an overtaking lane.

Could be wrong :)

Taken from RTA handbook:

Once on the motorway, stay in the left lane unless overtaking.
If there are three lanes and the left lane has many vehicles travelling at a slower speed than you, stay in the middle lane. After you have passed them, you should return to the left lane. The right lane is generally reserved for overtaking so move out of it as soon as it is safe to do so.

You shouldn't be put in that situation if they are following these rules, but as we know in reality...

Guess main thing is patience & common sense, as you should always practice on a freeway.

i was talking about a single lane road no lines marked and they come up the inside of you and undertake, i wasn't talking about the freeway or dual carriageways.

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:09 am

RTA - Road Rules 2008
Current version for 1 March 2010 to date (accessed 12 April 2010 at 11:07)
Part 11Division 3Rule 141

<<page>>

141 No overtaking etc to the left of a vehicle

(1) A driver (except the rider of a bicycle) must not overtake a vehicle to the left of the vehicle unless:

(a) the driver is driving on a multi-lane road and the vehicle can be safely overtaken in a marked lane to the left of the vehicle, or

(b) the vehicle is turning right, or making a U-turn from the centre of the road, and is giving a right change of direction signal and it is safe to overtake to the left of the vehicle, or

(c) the vehicle is stationary and it is safe to overtake to the left of the vehicle.

Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.

Note. Bicycle, centre of the road, marked lane, multi-lane road, overtake, right change of direction signal and U-turn are defined in the Dictionary.

(2) The rider of a bicycle must not ride past, or overtake, to the left of a vehicle that is turning left and is giving a left change of direction signal.

Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.

Note. Left change of direction signal is defined in the Dictionary.

(3) In this rule:

turning right does not include making a hook turn.

vehicle does not include a tram, a bus travelling along tram tracks, or any vehicle displaying a do not overtake turning vehicle sign.

Note 1. Bus, tram and travelling along tram tracks are defined in the Dictionary.

Note 2. Part 4, Division 3 deals with making hook turns.

Note 3. Division 7 of this Part deals with overtaking and passing trams (and buses travelling along tram tracks). Rule 143 deals with overtaking or passing a vehicle displaying a do not overtake turning vehicle sign.

PlatinumSarah
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby PlatinumSarah » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:26 pm

We all hate the same things pretty much. I do a lot of driving and come across this crap constantly. And a lot of selfishness too, everyone else's time seems to be more valuable than any other driver.

Like today, I saw P Plater who had his licence for all of 5 mins (within 1st year at least). He is in front of me driving on a single lane road almost rubbing the bumper of the car ahead trying to pressure them to speed up, and swerving from one side to the other trying to get past them in peak hour traffic. The person was doing the speed limit too! And then when he finally got past he drove at the same speed anyway. Why get so worked up? I thoroughly enjoyed getting past him and then 10 cars ahead by responding to what was happening 4 cars ahead instead of reacting to the brakelights of one in front of you. Bye, Bye, angry little boy!

Defensive driving is right - keep the f^@% back away from them.
2009 Lancer VR Platinum Sportback

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:57 am

LZY_EYE wrote:The other one I really hate.. on the freeway someone will sit in the right lane doing less than the speed limit... come up behind them wait a bit, get annoyed. Merge left and accelerate to speed limit to go around and as you go to merge they do too..... OMG that makes me angry!!

Simple answer, I flash my hi beams (even during the day) as I am bearing down on their ass. Most get the message and make way. Others need a good long toot of my OEM and truck horns. 100% of the time works a treat. Go aggressive a$$hole Sydney driving.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:37 am

At the end of the day. There needs to be licence reform. Knowledge test every time your renew your licence (to ensure you know the CURRENT road rules). There are people that got their licence before roundabouts existed!
Every 10 years sit your practical exam, if you can't manage a car, you don't deserve a licence.
...and defensive driving/emergency car handling courses should be part of your learner's course.
....and anyone that disagrees is a mug and clearly has their own self interest in preserving their own incompetence in mind.
End.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779

ImageImage

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:28 am

I counted 21 individual cars with their fogs on last sunday night in 100% clear conditions. 21 and that was just on the drive to work!!
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

degarr

Postby degarr » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:19 pm

Drivers who park their cars in inner suburban clearway /tow away zones in peak hours to duck in to a shop (usually parked directly in front of shop) get their coffee and newspaper and think it is Ok. Usually happens when there are numerous side streets they could have turned into and impacted no-one. In Melbourne often occurs on road with tramlines and trams so traffic goes to cr@p if a tram is involved.

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Have the same problem in Sydney... even worse when they are getting towed and they are standing there arguing with the tow truck driver making it take even longer.

Grrrr can't believe I forgot to list that!!!

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:26 pm

If they did that in QLD they'd get hit up the ar$e. QLD drivers are that ignorant of their surroundings they wouldn't see them stopped there hahaha

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:28 pm

Seen it happen plenty of times in Sydney too.... some people have absolutely no idea!!

mr_evo
Alumni
Alumni

Postby mr_evo » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:53 pm

the one thing that only annoys me is the dicks with cars that are worth about $1500 say shit just coz I have a nice car..
Or idiots that say;
"Got mummies car out tonight aye"
"Does that come in mens size"
"It's a kitted up lancer" < this one doesn't annoy me, as a kitted up lancer would most likely beat them.
"Buy A real car"
etc..
:D I'm back baby! :D
Enkei - HKS - Turbosmart - Cosworth- TMW - Defi - DeatschWerks

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:37 pm

Hate that too, the comments you can get thrown at you from other drivers while driving and 9 times out of 10 from cars that are far cheaper than yours. Always get it coming home, never on the way to work (maybe because boguns arent up at that hour :lol: ). Usually I get it from a Commodore driver that is on their P's and ones that have their friends in the car with them. Only once Ive got it from another Lancer driver (not a CJ). Thursday and Friday nights are the worst.

Last Thursday night was the strangest one. These guys in Commodore kept staring at the car once I had got in front of them. At a set of lights they were in front of me in the next lane and the dumb f*** in the passenger side had his head out the window. Full on staring... Got away from them as quick as I could and was all fine then further down the road they were behind me. Traffic all backed up yet the dumb f*** wanted to drive up the side of my car where all the parked cars are and pulled right up beside my car and made on comments on it not being Evo and then speed off... Complete numb nut boguns. Passenger was blind drunk too.

Family and friends have done this before (modified cars runs in my family and lots of friends do it too) but what you do with the ones that hurl insults at you, cut you off or stare at your car to the point where your uncomfortable you either open up your door and look as if your getting out (they soon shut up and hide, if not walk up to them and fill in the blanks if needed) or buy a toy gun and keep it under the seat. Pull it out and then see who throwing the insults now. Either one will work. The later will probably get you arrested.

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:44 pm

When I had my Astra I had a guy in a stock Astra same model get up beside me and throw an apple at me... I almost ran into him when it hit me...

Losers...

mr_evo
Alumni
Alumni

Postby mr_evo » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:00 pm

i once had some idiot say that he thought my car was a kitted up lancer, and he said, " why didn't you just buy a Evo instead of wasting money on a lancer". I just laughed at him.

Back in the day when i owned a 180SX, i had my car parked at a BP, and I went in to pay for petrol. When i got out the commodore beside me went speeding off, and there was a huge dent in my rear quarter panel with a shoe mark in the middle of it... Cost me $800 to get fixed...
Sorry but i hate commodore drivers (just the older commodores, not the new ones)
:D I'm back baby! :D
Enkei - HKS - Turbosmart - Cosworth- TMW - Defi - DeatschWerks

Return to “General Talk”