***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What are your pet hates when it comes to other drivers?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:05 am

Ralliart was long a brand before it was a model Pete!! :P

Exactly why I placed mine in a way that does not copy the model ;)

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:21 am

I was thinking of Commondore drivers when I ranted about P-Platers in overly powerful cars (burnouts etc as mentioned) Apologies to all Club P-Platers, no offense meant :wink:
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

Dingers
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Dingers » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:28 am

lol that's alright :P

Just quietly though, Magnas are faster than falcodores because they're lighter, despite having 3.5 instead of 3.8 or 4.1 :P

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:52 am

Pet hates while driving, where do you start :lol: The need to fit my car with rocket launchers has never been stronger. When it gets to the end of the week, your patience is gone and Friday night by the time I got home I was that pissed off we having punching bag at home; ripped it clean off its hinge :lol:

The bikes thing, I think they cant ride any further than double breasted or something if its a single or dual lane road with no designated bike lane and they must stick to the left at all times.

My Pet hates:

-Nissan Tiida's. Get them off the road

-Chrysler 300 fitted with non standard HID's. Blinding other drivers is not cool. Message to the prick that drives the dark grey one around my area; do it to me again and I will smash your face in. Things happen in 3's and you got it coming...

-People that drive slower than the speed limit and you over-take them and they put their high beams on at you and drive right up your ass

-Freeway merging. Freeway speed is 100 unless road works. Do not merge onto freeway at friggen 60!!

-Driving 20k or more under the speed limit. This is an actual offence as you are creating a traffic hazard. Get off the road

-People that dont indicate. Im convinced when your off your P's you dont need to use indicators.

-Slow drivers on the mountain/great ocean road. Had that a few times and it sure does piss you off

-Keep clear signs. Dont sit up my ass and beep your horn at me when at a keep clear part of the road. Karma will come back at you and did to one not so bright lady (she got blasted by another driver when she blocked a keep clear part of the road)

-Other drivers that look at your car then try to race it at the lights or rev their engines everytime they or you pass them..

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:11 am

tjoz wrote:-Nissan Tiida's. Get them off the road

Glad I'm not the only one. :x

Another thing that I dont think has been brought up is late indicating, especially if your on a 2 lane rd & the person in front goes to make a right hand turn with no warning & you have no chance of overtaking.

Hate when it also happens at traffic lights with both straight / turning lanes, figure they are going straight but when light turn green, indicator goes on & they are turning right all of a sudden, but the turn arrow is red! grrrr :evil:

seventieschick
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby seventieschick » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:26 am

Frangipani stickers - I hate them. And those stupid Baby on Board signs. What is the point of them?
Red Tail-light Brigade Member #6
ClubCJ Premium Member #146

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:30 am

Few things that P me off

when im doing above the limit and i get clocked up by another car

Fog lights on when it not foggy,

Holdens with fog lights in general, they actually point too high therefore are illigal (local copper told me that)

tail gaters

people who overtake then slow down

people who are clearly going faster bacause they catch me, then just sit on my ass and dont overtake.

people who slow down at corners when there is no need too

acyually OTHER DRIVERS, they all P me off :P

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:55 am

LZY_EYE wrote:I think I should there should be a reform... all bus lanes are renamed to Shane lanes. Only myself and people of my choosing can use them! That would be awesome.. I might write to the RTA now :P

I LOVE your idea, can I have your permission to do the same thing but write to the WA traffic department? :lol:
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:24 pm

bd-850 wrote:people who overtake then slow down

people who are clearly going faster bacause they catch me, then just sit on my ass and dont overtake.

people who slow down at corners when there is no need too

Oh god yes.....
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03

- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)

- Lowered on Kings

- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP

- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system

- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:42 pm

My pet hates are the fog lights. Our laws should be changed to match Europe where the lights are wired so they can not turn on when the head lights are on.

I also hate inpatient drivers. When traffic has to merge in to 1 lane. All the traffic merge in to 1 and some one drives up the lane that disappears and goes right to the front and tries to get in. Then some one lets them in.

As for the bicycles, I use to ride my bike to work. I would try and use the bicycle lanes but often the road is cracked, broken and full of pot holes next to the curb. The councils need to keep the bicycle lanes in better conditions. A crack or bump 2-3 cm for a car is nothing but for a bicycle it will cause you to full off.

As for the cars who over take a push bike and then turn in to a street or driveway and cut you off. They have no brains.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:58 pm

Ok can someone explain the foglight hate to me?
Because I never find I get blinded by them so I don't care.

Here in WA I have never seen fog so bad you need special lights anyway (well once when I was small, but that was in the country). Yet they're fitted to so many vehicles.

And how come cars don't have rear foglights? My vectra did and I think a friend's impreza does but they seem uncommon, yet make a lot of sense.

I'm not one of those foglight drivers though :P

And the laws are that they're only for fog and you are meant to have your parkers and fogs on only, correct?

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:58 pm

one of my pet hates is people cutting infront of trucks! they r just asking to get rear ended.
i drive alot of trucks at work, most of them have trailers on the back with heavey loads, so i leave a nice big gap for braking and some idiot is like, hey theres a nice gap for me get into. grrrrr!
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:02 pm

Dire wrote:Ok can someone explain the foglight hate to me?
Because I never find I get blinded by them so I don't care.

Here in WA I have never seen fog so bad you need special lights anyway (well once when I was small, but that was in the country). Yet they're fitted to so many vehicles.

And how come cars don't have rear foglights? My vectra did and I think a friend's impreza does but they seem uncommon, yet make a lot of sense.

I'm not one of those foglight drivers though :P

And the laws are that they're only for fog and you are meant to have your parkers and fogs on only, correct?

The extra brightness blinds the drivers going the other way or the drivers in front. Some are poorly adjusted. Commodores are poorly designed and can be pointed up.

Yes it helps the driver see a little. But we don't all drive around the streets with our high beams on do we.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:18 pm

I really don't find it a problem but fair enough if others do.
In some cars I find they help a lot in lighting up the sides of the roads, there's been times I've nearly hit random dogs wander onto the road, so I like the wide spread.

Don't do it anymore though, lancer headlights are quite good IMO.

MORE HATES
Tradies or truck drivers (or anyone) that parks on the road really close to a low-visibility roundabout so you have to essentially hope nobody comes around the corner when you go around them.

People that don't secure stuff properly in their trailers. Whether its a whole pile of stuff or long planks just waiting to impale me. Or plant crap showering me in leaves. And i've seen mattresses on the road so many times.

One day the freeway was COVERED in thongs :lol: (the footwear kind :P)

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:22 pm

I only use foggies for driving through the hills, better visibility of where the sides of the road are.

Theres never any fog in WA for them to be needed, if it's really cold near a lake or something there might be some fog, but not enough to use the fog lights

I want to become a traffic cop just to pull over the idiots on the road and educate/fine them for this stuff. Who needs speed cameras to raise revenue when you have me driving around handing out fines for fog lights? :P
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

Return to “General Talk”