***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What are your pet hates when it comes to other drivers?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:15 pm

Graham wrote:
lukeaday wrote:Oh forgot to mention.

Fat ugly chicks with PLAYBOY bunny ear stickers on their cars!

playboy sticker on back window

taken today at WA cruise lol

I have too many pet hates to mention though :shock:

Simular car kickin around my area. A black VX ute with pink bits and peices on it with pink graphics like
bitch on wheels, Playboy, Badgirl and to top it off. Right across the tail gate a sticker that says "If you think this car is dirty try spending a night with the driver"
(Very average looking lady to say the least)
Official ClubCJ Sponsor.

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:15 pm

hate lane hogs.... drivin 10km/h under the speed limit on the extreme right lane.... why would u do that?

~LancerVR~
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Devil (cj-red)

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:22 pm

Pet hates...

Usually the ones that just do the following:
1/ Don't indicate
2/ Don't allow merging
3/ Don't thank for making room for them in bumper to bumper traffic
4/ Ride up my ar$e when there is PLENTY OF ROOM around me (I have been extremely tempted to just hit the brakes on serveral occasions...)
5/ 4WDers that don't stay in the middle of THEIR LANE
6/ Small cars that "need" to swing out one way to turn the other way - YOU ARE NOT A TRUCK
7/ People who don't use hands-free/loudspeaker for their phone
8/ People who can't park!!
9/ People with exhaust/audio systems in cars such as Hyundai or Daewoo

AND

10/ Newly licensed P Platers - YOU ARE STILL LEARNING as far as I'm concerned, stick to the left hand lane.

I've got a lot of pet hates... I'm sure I could think of waay more, but hey, don't want to come off to be rude... HAHA.
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:25 pm

The other one I really hate.. on the freeway someone will sit in the right lane doing less than the speed limit... come up behind them wait a bit, get annoyed. Merge left and accelerate to speed limit to go around and as you go to merge they do too..... OMG that makes me angry!!

StrkEagle
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby StrkEagle » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:31 pm

my pet hates are : other drivers.

that is all

Pete

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:33 pm

I think I should there should be a reform... all bus lanes are renamed to Shane lanes. Only myself and people of my choosing can use them! That would be awesome.. I might write to the RTA now :P

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:44 pm

Red light and 3 lanes at the lights. Mid and right lanes are banked up. On approaching the traffic in the left lane some shit box pulls out and fills the empty lane which is going to end just after the lights go green. You guessed it. Lights change and put put put, away they slowly go!!!

Motorbikes that think they have their own rules. One day I WILL open my door on one that is weaving through the traffic!

Kids on unregistered "Monkey Bikes" with no lights on and 2 people on the bike at night coming head on towards me on my side of the road.
Official ClubCJ Sponsor.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:07 pm

I think it is legal for motorbikes to come up the centre of lanes at lights etc... Just damned annoying and scary.

Here we go.
I like undercar neons but only if the car deserves it. If its an old bomb shouldn't you be saving for a better car? And if you do it it should be done fully and properly, not a crappy baby tube either side.

Playboy etc stickers. Bogan labels.

Exhaust cannons. I mean when you just whack a cannon on, still with the stock muffler. And there is an excel at tafe with dual exhausts, I mean why?!

People that can't drive in a straight line.

People that drive with inconsistent speed, including when people are looking for an address or something. At least pull far across so people can pass if possible.

Personally I like having my fog lights on at night. But I stopped after I learnt it was illegal.

AFTERMARKET HUBCAPS! Especially chrome ones on getz's. Just....No. You aren't cool. No.

Cyclists that ride along oblivious to everything. If someone's been stuck behind you for a while, be nice and slow down and move over as much as you can, if you were in a hurry you should have driven. And not gotten stuck behind a cyclist.

Zero purpose aftermarket bonnet vents. Bogan car cancers.

Taxi's. Stop driving over the speed limit when empty and under when full. And cutting everyone off, and changing lanes only just before you need to turn, and driving 3 millimetres off my back bumper.

And when you get stuck behind a stopped bus and indicate to go around, but can't because all the people behind you go around before you, even if you're all stopped, you're at the front, and you indicated first.

That'll do.
Oh wait. Urban assault vehicles that you can't see past when trying to turn. Look at me I drive a huge car I must be important. And can carry more groceries than can fit in my kitchen. Get out of my way.

PlatinumSarah
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby PlatinumSarah » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:16 pm

I agree with you all totally and have been inspired by your posts to elaborate on more:

Failure to indicate, yes, that is a pet hate. Especially when you are trying to turn and you give way to them FOR NOTHING!

I also hate, and see way to much of it, at 3am when there is almost no one on the road, drivers who are turning into the road you are travelling on and there is just enough space to get in front of you, if you brake, and nothing behind you. So they go for it and don't accelerate fast forcing you slow down to 30 or 40. Why not wait 2 seconds more for me to pass then you have all the time in the world afterwards to turn out. You can even get out and push your car if you want.

FWY merging where they stop at the end of the on ramp and wait til it looks nice enough to go- like it's a T intersection or something. then you're the unlucky bastard who gets stuck behind them accelerating from 0-100km/h, well no they'll only get to 75 or 80km/h eventually, after 2 mins.

Driving at 60km/h on a fwy in a 100 zone cos either they are too scared or their car will fall apart at 70. If you can't travel within 15-20km of the speed limit then you shoudn't be on the fwy.

and yeah any decals that advertise someone's sexual prowess (or more lack thereof) or their promiscuity. I don't care if you **** guys on your car bonnet on fri nights, just don't tell me about it. Playboy doesn't want you and neither do I
2009 Lancer VR Platinum Sportback

PlatinumSarah
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby PlatinumSarah » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:23 pm

CYCLISTS of course!!

Cyclists who don't use designated bike lanes especially ...

We drive along the Kew Blvd every morning to dodge the Chandler Hwy carpark and have to deal with idiot cyclists. The road has been changed so there is a designated bike lane, and one car lane going each way.

So the bastards on bikes that get in their lycra and are racing the Tour de France in their heads don't use the lanes, I guess that's for novices and amateurs, so they ride in our lane, and force us to slow down and be stuck behind them because much of the road is double lined so we can't overtake them. It makes me livid. One day I'm gonna accidentally open my car door as i'm going past or go postal and drive up the bike lane or something!

Surely this is illegal? I kinow they are allowed to ride on the road but if there is a bike lane or track running parallel surely they can be forced to stick to it?
Last edited by PlatinumSarah on Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2009 Lancer VR Platinum Sportback

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:26 pm

LMAO... Sarah - you have hit it on the head - annoying perversions and over-compensating stickers are just pointless. It doesn't make you any more sexually interesting to me!

And yes, if you can't do 15-20kms within the speed limit on the freeway, GTFO... Sunday drivers belong in their local suburbs...

Oh how I love a good ol' rant!

OH YEAH

Cyclists... GEEBUS. M-F on the way to work, seriously, they are breeding while cycling I'm sure of it, because there seems to be more and more of them everyday. STICK TO THE LEFT....
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.

ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:00 pm

I believe if there is a cyclist lane, they must use the cyclist lane. There might be a law about if in groups they can go side by side in a car lane, but I may be mistaking that with motorbikes, who are allowed 2-abreast I believe.

Yeah with stickers, I like some, but hate the generic ones that simpler-minded people believe make them more hardcore. Playboy is such a good example, any girl with that on her car is going to have no respect from sensible and responsible people that actually matter. They're attracting the idiots out there. They might have a sweet ute and even be a lot of fun, but one day they'll kill you by hitting a tree or abandon you with a newborn baby. :P

And with men, if you want to be tough, it should be fuelled by your muscles and demeanour, not some sticker on your car, that is just pathetic.
Note: There are good stickers. Ones that are creative and uncommon, or showing you are part of a community that other drivers around you may be interested in (eg the CCJ stickers). No I don't want to know you love jesus, however.

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:16 pm

Slow drivers on windy hilly roads that refuse to pull over and much prefer to lead the conger line!
Great ocean road is a classic
Official ClubCJ Sponsor.

Dingers
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Dingers » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:33 pm

Inconsiderate drivers.

I have a pretty large margin of patience for genuinely awful drivers.
I won't beep and just wait for a chance to overtake.

However, when it's some dbag just not giving a crap about anyone on the road, it's intimidation time.

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:44 pm

lukeaday wrote:Slow drivers on windy hilly roads that refuse to pull over and much prefer to lead the conger line!
Great ocean road is a classic

... or vans on the Old pacific hwyway that are oblivious to the 14 lancers behind then they are holding up (last NSW cruise).

Return to “General Talk”