***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

clem 7 now open

Local QLD State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:13 pm

Wow, you guys! Hey, I painted a room at my parents place today, you wanna come down and watch the paint dry? LOLz :P
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

Ash
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Ash » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:14 pm

Pffffft!! Pete you are just jealous that you don't have a cool tunnel like this to drive through, that just opened!! :p
ClubCJ's Provider of LOLZ - CCJ Lifetime Member #0026.

Functional can GTFO :lol:

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:17 pm

IT'S A TUNNEL!!!!! :)
GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

mechenggdude
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby mechenggdude » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:56 pm

Guys seriously don't talk the Clem 7 down. I took it this afternoon after work and am quite amazed. Smack bang at 5pm peak traffic and I went from lytton rd to the Grange in 5 mins. I'm sure this was some of the heavier traffic the tunnel will ever experience.

And FYI my dad was one of the senior engineers working on this tunnel, he has been working on this for over 6 years. If you do not understand the complexities behind creating something like this, then do not make fun of it. I saw him pull many late nights to make sure that the tunnel exceeded every single design condition that had been imposed.

Politically everyone can have their own opinions on whether it was a good choice. As a feat of engineering, I think the entire team that worked on it have pulled off something spectacular. As QLD'ers and indeed Australians we should be proud that we have pulled off something that a lot of more wealthy countries have tried and failed to do.

Ash
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Ash » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:05 pm

well said :)

I think the tunnel is awesome :D My aunty's company hired most of the workers to build it :)

There is already a group on Facebook about doing skids in the tunnel :roll:

ClubCJ's Provider of LOLZ - CCJ Lifetime Member #0026.

Functional can GTFO :lol:

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:05 pm

It is meant to be the most technologically advance tunnel in the world, as of yesterday... Thanks to the radio repeaters and boradcasts, signage etc

Also the longest in the southern-hemisphere!

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:14 pm

Who made fun of the tunnel?
Tunnel entrances look quite funky....
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779

ImageImage

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:22 pm

Clem7 - Ben10 - Glenn20.... Yeah!!!!

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:42 pm

lol - we were calling it the Flem 7 tunnel today when we heard about the congestion.....

Expected for its 1st day. It will take a week or so to settle down and people get usaed to it.

Kudos to all involved with its design and build. I for one am facinated by engineering like this, and was well impressed when I did the walk through it the other week. Can't wait to do a drive - probably a bit later in the week.

I think I'll be along for the Friday 26th meet and do the cruise while it's still free :)

Many don't like the extent of the toll that will be imposed (eventually $4.28 per trip !!) - especially when the Gateway Bridge is only $2.90 - but I expect it will take a huge amount of the traffic off the other river crossings. If you don't like it, don't use it, and don't winge about it.
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:29 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:It is meant to be the most technologically advance tunnel in the world, as of yesterday... Thanks to the radio repeaters and boradcasts, signage etc

Also the longest in the southern-hemisphere!

ment to be but it isnt lol. i know of a few in china or japan. that is heaps more advanced then just a tunnel.

one in japan. does everything the one we have does under river several lanes of traffic, separate services tunnel. but the one in china. can evacuate you if something bad happens. and it has fans and such that guide you to your best, evacuation(in a fire.) and its heaps better then our tunnel that probably just has fans for air and pumps for flooding. not that advanced.

our tunnel is nothing new and its not that amazing. its just a tunnel, there are bigger ones in France in japan, in Germany, there is a massive one in the bearing sea. connecting 3 islands. IMHO they are all more fascinating. and more advanced then our tunnel.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:55 am

Yeah but to be fair Blakey, you don't like anything :)

GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

Qld Ralliart Lancer
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Qld Ralliart Lancer » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:50 pm

Have to agree with you draevon ,I think Blakey's cup is always half empty never half full.... be "positive" .... it's great for Brisbane :)
The Spirit of Competition

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:43 pm

draevon wrote:Yeah but to be fair Blakey, you don't like anything :)

lol that call made my day.

so i got sick of trying to work out what the general consensus was after adrian and blakey started harping on about redline and went through the tunnel by myself yesterday.

Ash now that i know there is a meet on the 26th (where was my personnal invitation, service is really starting to slip around here) i will come along and you can have front passenger seat through the tunnel if you want.

oh and adrian...one last thing....my rev limiter is 8500. :P come and see me when you're worthy hahahahahaha
Born at JustJDM's 'ninjaworks' facility,
Honed into a weapon by Mercury Motorsport

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:46 pm

:lol:

I've been through both north and south tunnels twice now.

I've yet to post a thread about the 26th meet, so there will be an invite for that for all soon

I can make my redline 10000 if I wanted, but KABOOM so I'll just stick to 7000 thanks hahaha

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:53 pm

like i said make it 8500 then come see me :P.

just catching up on some of the threads that i have missed whilst work has had me flat out for the last week. i really wish that you hadn't of locked a certain thread because i'd love to offer my proffessional opinion on it hahaha.

26th sounds like a plan.
Born at JustJDM's 'ninjaworks' facility,

Honed into a weapon by Mercury Motorsport

Return to “Queensland”