***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

My lancer progression :)

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Manual or Automatic??

Manual
85%
Automatic (But get manual License also)
15%

Total votes: 20

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:24 pm

I bunnyhopped the colt I test drove as a temp car while they were working on mine at the dealership :P

needless to say they didn't let me use it :( lol
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:26 pm

Blakey wrote:
bd-850 wrote:thats cheating abit i think there blake, shouldnt reset the Average while driving :)

if its anything like how they get there average fuel consumption. its not cheating. they run an engine under load, at 100Kmh and reset, the avg, they get it then up it some then say that's its avg fuel consumption.

Ours was reset in the car park at the meet point, so included travel to the highway, down the highway and through the CBD of Coffs to the cabins. So nerr :P

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:56 pm

was that aimed at Blake or Me Adrian??

every single fuel consuption test i have seen was from very start to finish. if by your method Blake i should be able to get over 1000ks out of a tank of fuel

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:00 pm

Blake not you Ben.

The only REAL way is to do it manually via recording the kms you get from a tank and how much the fill is.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:07 pm

It is best to start driving with a manual.

When you are young you pick things up very quickly. It is best if some one can teach you how to feel for the clutch.

Once you learn it is funny you just drive with out thinking about it as it becomes so natural.

My wife has only ever driven auto's and now wont drive a manual.l I taught her in my old car but it is too intimidating for her to change. She is only 32 and I taught her to drive a manual 7 years ago.

I have only had manual cars, Tractors motor bikes etc. until I bought the Aspire. The Aspire only comes in auto and the car was suppose to be for both of us too drive so had to get auto. I am very happy with it.

So manual for me.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:09 pm

bd-850 wrote:was that aimed at Blake or Me Adrian??

every single fuel consuption test i have seen was from very start to finish. if by your method Blake i should be able to get over 1000ks out of a tank of fuel

you probably will. get very close to that, anyway. i got 800kms out of a tank once. and i still had fuel left.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:09 pm

just making sure :P

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:18 pm

My mum usually gets 800-850+ out of her (CVT) tank, I get a little bit less.
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

Defix9
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Defix9 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:59 pm

Ok guys, point taken, sorry to anyone that i may have offended. ill just keep to myself those kinds of opinions. didnt think ahead to what would have happend. sorry all.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:15 pm

If you get the chance to learn manual, do it. It can't hurt. Not sure what the licensing is like in WA, (I assume it's harmonized nationally now) but here in NSW if you do your test in Auto your licence gets stamped with a condition that you are only licenced to drive Auto. If you do ur test in manual, you are licenced for either.
I never learnt to drive a manual (some 15 or so years ago) as I didn't have access to a manual (so no point) but my licence is such that I'm licenced to drive either (as the restriction rules didn't exist back then). I did consider getting and crash course in manual before i purchased my Lancer, but being that I do a lot of inner city driving and peak hour especially after night shifts, I just default to Auto.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”