***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

My lancer progression :)

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Manual or Automatic??

Manual
85%
Automatic (But get manual License also)
15%

Total votes: 20

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:34 am

my average fuel seems to match my average speed. to go from Temora to Cowra my average speed will be about 95km/h and average fuel will be about 9.5L/100ks.

the road is up and down, (no hills) but just not FLAT.

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:47 am

That's pretty high man - what's doing...??
ClubCJ's first Sportback

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:50 am

thats also includes overtaking cars, (which i do plant it past them) and going through a few towns, so my speed does vary and as i said up and down rises in the road

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:01 am

The roads around Temora etc I have found are quite undulating. While there are not a lot of mountains, the roads seem to have gradual inclines that continue on for kms.

I haven't been out to Temora since getting the lancer, but I used to notice higher fuel usage with both my Outlander and Commodore.

BrownDog
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BrownDog » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:04 am

Just one word

MANUAL
MODS DONE
Sound System
Exhaust
Tint
Rear Sway Bar

MODS TO DO
Wheels
Lips/ Bodykit
Install in-car LEDs

Deej
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Deej » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:05 am

If the CVT tends to be more thirsty, will switching it to the manual gear change help with improved economy over long highway distances. I was driving down from Rockhampton one time and had used the manual shifter to downshift to overtake a car and forgotten it was in manual and the cruise control seemed to keep the revs low over the smaller climbs, and I only noticed that I had it in manual mode after the car started to slow down when I hit a pretty steep climb. Freaked me out for a moment when I thought that I was losing power for no reason.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:06 am

that was only from highway driving and it was sustained. from when i hit 100 and set cruise i reset average. and an hour and a half later when i arrived at where i was going. i was on 5.6L/100km, but i havent been able to do it again. closest iv gotten now is 6.2L/100km,

and just recently when i went up the coast last weekend. i got a 6.6 reset From home. so thats from my home, to highway to UWW. no reseting besides before i left to go there and got 6.6L/100km
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:06 am

it all depends on the road.
When I drive form Sydney to Dwandalan for work every day ill reset it when i hit the freeway and that's 110-120 all the way and my avg will be under 7.5

If i reset it on a flat ill be doing as low as 4.5-5 on a flat bit of road at 110-120

I said all the way up the top that auto's use more fuel.. for 2 reason.

1. They don't know when to change gears correctly, its either BWARHHSHASHDHAH@(#!)#@!*#@!# hard acceleration red-line OMGCHROME BRO.

or

2. Need to apply more throttle to go up hills which means more fuel getting poured into the engine.

My manual TT soarer did more K's per tank then a mates auto 1 and i had 30+/- more KW then he did, and his was tuned, mine was stock engine management.
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:08 am

thats cheating abit i think there blake, shouldnt reset the Average while driving :)

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:19 am

Im a p plater. :lol:
Was running 11.9 one day and got pretty worried. Thought I was driving normally. I do enjoy the roundabouts on my usual weekend route though. :P

Was getting 7.6 on the way home I think, same route, mostly back streets, but it was like 11pm.
No resets, idk how long the average goes back.
Though that was alright.

P.s I don't street race. I will SOMETIMES have a mini-drag up to the speed limit against my friends, usually after midnight, and never against strangers. Only done that once in my lancer actually.
Any hate for that?

Get the feeling my friends would keep going though. Idk, but there are definately some horrible p platers. :(

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:34 pm

It's usually best not to post stuff like that on forums like this Jake, it can annoy other members :P

We all like to have a bit of fun but sometimes some stuff shouldn't be said on forums - just FYI :)

My fuel consumption is a bit all over the place sometimes.. generally if i'm on hwy's leaving it on cruise control it's lowish
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:57 pm

Hence I was asking. :P
But seriously I don't do stupid stuff imo. Judge how you will. The odd hard takeoff isn't bad imo.
All the people doing performance mods obviously use them at some point..?

Meh, i'll shut up.
FYI if i ever become a paid member I would be aware of club image while I'm driving around.
Lol.

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:02 pm

That's cool,

Trust me, personally I don't care what you do on the road lol, I cruise every weekend I've seen everyone do everything :P

Last saturday there was a commodore doing a huge dirty burnout in a carpark about 300m from the WA police HQ, there were even 2 unregistered cars pulling skidz at random places :P
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:19 pm

bd-850 wrote:thats cheating abit i think there blake, shouldnt reset the Average while driving :)

if its anything like how they get there average fuel consumption. its not cheating. they run an engine under load, at 100Kmh and reset, the avg, they get it then up it some then say that's its avg fuel consumption.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:22 pm

Your a learner!?

Me too man :D

Manual FTW mate.

The lancer was the first manual car i drove, bunny hopped it right out of the dealership the day i picked it up 8)
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”