***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

BATHURST 12HR

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

BATHURST 12HR

Postby SAM-24A » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:48 pm

Well this years ArmorAll Bathurst 12hr Race is gearing up again, scheduled for the weekend 12th - 14th February at Mt Panorama of course.
Last year saw Mitsu EVO's take a deserving 6 of the top 10 spots.

This years Entry List shows 14 cars in the Class A - High Performance (All Wheel Drive)
6 x EVO-X..........3 x EVO 9..........2 x EVO 8..........3 x WRX

This year might end with similar results, 11 out of 14 are EVO's.

12Hr Home Page Link = http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/latest_news.asp
Entry List Link = http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/documents/2010_finalentrylist.pdf
Track Map Link = http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/page.asp?navstr=65,67&Pagecat=67
TV Commercail Link = http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/movie.asp
2009 Results Link = http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/2009_results.asp?navstr=24,75&Pagecat=75
12hr History = http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/page.asp?navstr=24,73,76&Pagecat=76

Channel 7 has the Broadcast rights, but No Live Telecast .They look set to repeat last years dismall effort:
A 3 hour free to air special on Channel 7 to be broadcast on Saturday 06 March 2009 (timings tba) and replayed on FOX SPORTS (timings tba).
However The Bathurst 12 Hour Race will be broadcast live on 87.8mhZ.

If anyone hears or knows otherwise about channel 7 telecasting, please inform us all.

Cheers: Sam

crankyfatcow
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby crankyfatcow » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:41 am

I'm going to this, can't wait :D
Hope it doesn't rain though.

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:43 am

rain = Crashes = happy me

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:02 pm

Well Well Well....

Who would have thought a RWD BMW would outlast the Evos....

All I can say is the weekend was awesome! Even if I was sick and had to spend the race day in the motel (on the side of the track at the chase) so not all that bad!!

I got to meet Dan Mcoy from TMR, and spent time with the Peter Conroy Hancook team running an immaculate EvoX RS which was just as straight as when it went out in the morning. All the guys are great, put me up in the motel and fed me!

Was great to get a taste of Tar racing as I have had plenty of experience in rallying. Amazing how different it is.

And the most exciting thing was getting a drive of the JustJDM evoX... although I don't think it was such a great thing coz now I want one BAD!!

I didn't get any pics as the weekend was a bit rushed getting down there sat and coming back sun night.

I would highly recommend getting down and spectating for the 2011 Bathurst 12hr. I think it is more exciting than the V8's. Just like it used to be, mainly stock cars, of all different kinds.

At one stage, there was a BMW, and EVO and a commodore wagon in the top 3... that doesn't happen in the V8 Supercars!!

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:54 pm

My friend placed 8th in the end, told him to trade into an evo but he wont listen

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:09 am

LZY_EYE wrote:And the most exciting thing was getting a drive of the JustJDM evoX...

all I got out of your post was.. "blah blah blah blah, And the most exciting thing was getting a drive of the JustJDM evoX, blah blah blah... now i know what SIR-VRX and MitzaB said I would share the haterade. I hatez on youse! :(
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:10 am

Ahhh well, there is always someone that hates me!!!

I have now driven an evo III, VII and an X :)

Damn I am like the serial bridesmaid!! Get get to drive the evos, never own one!!! :(

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:06 am

I share your thoughts on the 12hr Shane, I love the V8's but this is a lot better like you said mainly stock cars. I remember watching last year and commenting on how many cars still had their stock head units and air con still installed with the only mod being a racing fuel tank in the back. I also loved seeing last year the EVO's and V8's fling past a diesel astra on conrod, reminds me of bathurst re-runs I have seen with the big ford fling past the mini's all those years ago.

So you got to drive the Evo Shane, was it around the Bathurst track you lucky bast**d. :P

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:38 am

Nah not round the track.... From Lithgow to Bathurst though :D

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:44 am

That's a shame mate, but wouldn't it be great to have a Bathurst track day.

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:56 am

Nooooo way I am driving around Bathurst at full noise... too unforgiving for this little black duck!!

JUSTJDM
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby JUSTJDM » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:40 pm

i had a power nap and thought it would be best for shane to drive,

McCoy
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby McCoy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:16 am

Bathurst 12 Hour 2010

TMR Australia has been cruelly robbed of a potential three-peat victory at the Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour.
Winning the past two events, TMR Australia went into this year's event with two cars: the two-time winning Pedigree
Evo X RS of Rod Salmon/Damian White/Ian Tulloch, and the 2009 runner-up Evo X RS of West Surfing Products car of
Glyn Crimp/Stuart Costera and V8 Supercar driver Warren Luff.

Qualifying a solid fourth, under sodden conditions, White moved the #1 car into the lead within the first hour,
pushing out a gap of 12 seconds, and throughout the next eight hours, never dropped out of contention,
consistently lapping with the kind of pace and consistency that has seen them victorious in the past.

With White struck down with sickness and at times on a saline drip, Salmon and Tulloch did much of the day's stints
while White rested and readied for the final double-stint. But with a little over three hours remaining,
Salmon felt the footwell get extremely hot: the defending champs? car was struck with track debris cracking the exhaust
and blowing super-heated air onto the wiring, effecting the gearshift and with potential brake problems risking safety,
team principal Alan Heaphy had no choice but to retire the Pedigree car. "We were better placed than
when we have won the event before, with only three cars on the lead lap and only three hours to go"
sighed Salmon.

The West Evo X had a more tumultuous race: Kosteras made light contact with another competitor exiting the Chase,
and was given a drive-through penalty, then shortly after ran wide coming into Forest's Elbow while overtaking a
slower car and made heavy contact with the wall.
The TMR service crew was brought into action and replaced an entire front-left corner on the West car,
getting the Evo X back into the race within half an hour and losing just 10 laps, an incredible effort given
the extent of damage.

Despite inspired driving by Luff being the fastest car on the track and consistently unlapping themselves,
the earlier contact with the concrete had also broken the back of the turbo which developed into a race-ending
problem and the car was withdrawn.

TMR Australia will return to Melbourne in readiness for its move into new larger premises, and prepare for
its next event, the Lake Mountain Sprint tarmac rally on March 20-21.

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:06 pm

Tough luck Dan.... :(

It was good meeting you on the weekend though.

Return to “General Talk”