***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Odd query re: Capped Price Servicing & new/demo cars

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

TheOtherLeft
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Odd query re: Capped Price Servicing & new/demo cars

Postby TheOtherLeft » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 am

Hi guys,

I have an odd question about Capped Price Servicing.

I bought a "new" 2012 ASX (it has the same engine 4B11 as the NA Lancer) a few weeks ago. I rung up Mitsu Customer Service who tell me it's in their system as a Demo/Loan Service Vehicle and couldn't tell me whether it qualifies for Capped Price Servicing. The car had 50km on the Odo and I am the first registered owner and have all of the other Warranties including the 10yr Drivetrain.

Now the sales guy assures me over the phone it's fine and I get the Capped Price Servicing but wouldn't tell me in writing.

I ended up talking to the Sales Manager who said they get cars from Mitsu as Demo's not New so they can provide better pricing for customers but are for all intents and purposes "New". I spoke to another salesman (from a different dealer) who showed me that dealers get Demo cars cheaper (about $1000) compared to the New cars from Mitsu.

Whilst this sounds very dodgy is this common practice and do Demo cars still get Capped Price Servicing?

Thanks,
Ben

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:28 pm

Dealers simply get a 'bonus' from Mitsubishi when a demo is sold, which allows them to effectively sell it cheaper than regularly possible. But they can only write off a certain number of demos each month, for obvious reasons.

CPS comes on all new Mitsubishis sold from 1 Jan 2010 onwards, and is transferrable to subsequent owners as well, so there should be no problems with your car.

Return to “Maintenance”