***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Servicing @ Zupps Mitsu Mt Gravatt

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Servicing @ Zupps Mitsu Mt Gravatt

Postby milobob » Tue May 04, 2010 7:08 pm

This is more of a rant thread.. so read only if you have time to waste :)

Basically long story short, have serviced our Outlander at this dealership for the past 2 services (30,000km and 45,000km).

At the 30,000km, after 1 month I checked the levels of the liquids one night to find the coolant way below the minimum level. Now, I don't know if the servicing had anything to do with this but I do know before the servicing it was perfectly fine. Had to run around at night just to find some coolant for a trip requiring the use of the Outlander.

One month after the 45,000km service, I noticed the engine noise from the Outlander was terribly loud (read: SRI sound) under heavy acceleration. I checked the engine bay and found that the air filter was not installed correctly. The bottom part of the lock had a big gaping hole.

Seriously... WTH is wrong with the servicing team... If they can screw up my air filter... who knows how many other countless Outlanders/CJ lancers have had their air intakes screwed up!!!! CHECK YOUR AIR FILTERS if you've had your car serviced here!
2010 RenaultSport Megane RS250 Cup Trophee (Xenons+Leather+Front Parkers)

Rob_RA
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Rob_RA » Tue May 04, 2010 7:12 pm

Without going into details

I bought my car from these guys and will never return nor recomend anyone ever goes their looking for a car or for servicing.

GO AT YOUR OWN RISK

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Tue May 04, 2010 7:14 pm

I found something very similar happened to me...! My coolant level was fine prior to my 1500km service, then after it well below the minimum after my 1500km service and had to go buy it from the dealer, my 15000km is coming up and I WILL be checking everything... dodgy dodgy...
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Tue May 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Yea, I nearly bought my car from them but I've heard extremely dodgy things about how they sell their cars (advertised Outlander Activs (alloys) as LS models (non-alloys) in newspapers and flogging them off with steel wheels).

Was the most convenient to service it there - transport to uni!

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue May 04, 2010 7:21 pm

Coolant levels fluctuate depending on temperature, both engine and ambient, so it may not be low at all. It's not really something which just runs out or gets used up, it's a sealed system.

Simple solution to all servicing: DIY :)

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Tue May 04, 2010 7:31 pm

But na, I don't think coolant levels can go from nearly MAX to completely EMPTY? I do check the levels regularly :)

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue May 04, 2010 7:45 pm

It's an overflow/reservoir tank... that's it's job ;)

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Wed May 05, 2010 2:20 am

Lol..... I guess they aren't too bad...

I parked behind a Lancer today from Zupps (plates from QLD with Zupps Dealership labelling). If it made it here safely to Melbourne, perhaps it's not so bad?

Lol, you qld'ers are the experts though :P

nomadness26
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby nomadness26 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:06 pm

I just bought a Lancer Activ from them, collecting it soon. I was a little worried about servicing my car there just by the service they provided me. Where would be the best place to service in Brisbane? Will self servicing void the warranty?

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:42 am

The dealer should ahve told you this:

If you want to keep your roadside assistance, you will need to service it at a dealer once a year (which is pretty much the minimum you need to service it).

To keep your warranty after 3 years, you will need to have it serviced at an authorised mechanic (on time), same goes the for the extended 10 year warranty.

Also, mitsu have 4 years fixed price servicing at $190 per year.

I'd take it to another dealer nearby, maybe motorama (we used to service our camry at there)?

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:44 am

Oh and I've seen a couple of lancers and outlanders driving around with a terrible loud engine noise. I suspect the air filters in these cars are not installed correctly/airbox not tight! (unlikely to be modded)

nomadness26
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby nomadness26 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:31 pm

Looks like with a new car you are pretty much stuck with dealer servicing?

Is 15,000km/12 months servicing too long? Should take it to service somewhere else in between and still at least service it from Mitsubishi once a year?

milobob
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby milobob » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:00 pm

If you want to keep your roadside assistance (which is around $70 per annum) then yes, you pretty much haveto service it at a dealer for 5 years. It's also capped servicing cost at $190 I think so its not really that much more than a local mechanic. You can take it to local mechanics - it doesn't void warranty but does void the roadside assistance.

Personally, we've been servicing all our cars as per logbook requirements (1 yr or 15,000km) and all have been fine so far. Our oldest car is a 7 year old camry which has the same service schedule.

I suppose its better to do an oil change every 6 months but IMO its covered by warranty anyway for 10 years if I do it from a dealer. Most newer cars seem to have a longer servicing interval (though not as long as some european cars!)

voltron
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby voltron » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:20 am

I bought my Activ from Zupps on the weekend, and hope to be picking it up this coming Saturday. They are sharks, and i thoroughly enjoyed screwing them as hard as i could to get the deal!!

I havent heard too many good things about them, but they will still be getting my car for the first (1000k) service - because it is their responsibility to fix anything up to that point, not another dealer.

After that however, i will be going to Motorama at Springwood. We get a lot of our work cars serviced there, and i havent heard anything bad about them, plus they are 5 minutes away from both home and work.

Also, Bartons at Wynnum i can recommend. We get all of our Tritons at work through them.

Depends on what area you are in i guess, and who is handy.

SPARK-VRX
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby SPARK-VRX » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:43 am

I nearly bought my car from Mt Gravatt, but Blue Ribbon @ Ipswich (yes, i know its a while away) gave much better prices and outstanding customer service. I took the lancer back out there for the first service, and again very impressed with the service.

Dad owns a Civic and he has been going to Blue Ribbon for the last 3 or 4 years for every service. (Blue Ribbon does mitsu and honda)

Return to “Maintenance”