***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

TOP GEAR TO CHANNEL 9

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

TOP GEAR TO CHANNEL 9

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:01 pm

Did everyone read or see this news.....Now there will only be South Park left on SBS for me to watch. Another example of a big corporation poaching a smaller ones 'flagship' show!! Sux!! Why couldn't they take the Aussie version only.....no one watches it anyway!

http://www.theage.com.au/national/top-g ... -hcse.html

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:19 pm

????

The UK version is going to Nine as well?!? I thought it was only the Aussie version with speculation that hosts would be Shane Warne and Jeremy Clarkson.....

This is going to be stupid :(

-EXALTD-

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:01 am

Nine - the 'preempters' of Formula One results!

I just wish UK Top Gear wouldn't end. The trio of Fatbloke, Hamster and Captain Slow is just brilliant, no one left out and really enjoying themselves.

Doesn't matter what channel as long as it goes on and on. Other than Wendy Kingston, a reason for me to tune in at Nine.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

mark docherty
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby mark docherty » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:59 pm

Anyone got some links to the Aussie version never knew there was one.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Re: TOP GEAR TO CHANNEL 9

Postby The X » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:03 pm

Superintendent Chalmers wrote:Did everyone read or see this news.....Now there will only be South Park left on SBS for me to watch. Another example of a big corporation poaching a smaller ones 'flagship' show!! Sux!! Why couldn't they take the Aussie version only.....no one watches it anyway!

http://www.theage.com.au/national/top-g ... -hcse.html

Yes, it's unfortunate. "Nein" will probably slot TGAU at some time when no-one is watching and it will die a slow death. As for TGUK, I'm sure they will have a haphazard schedule as it suits "Nein" and not it's viewers.

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:38 pm

mark docherty wrote:Anyone got some links to the Aussie version never knew there was one.

http://www.finalgear.com/

Well all I can say is thank god for channel BT :P Channel 9 will totally screw this up, really cant be bothered with them so no big deal...

I'm not a real big fan of SBS running the UK show either, they always edit out the news segment which is a funny part of the show.

Oh, other big rumor is that Fifth Gear might be canceled.

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:58 pm

If it doesn't get cancelled, then it has been bought by 7. I smell a head to head in store.

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:18 pm

Actually billyboy,

SBS does not cancel/cut any segment. What SBS shows is not the British version, but the international version - which is cut and edited by BBC before being sold to the world :) And it's likely that 9 will have that too.

mark docherty
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby mark docherty » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:01 am

billyboy wrote:
mark docherty wrote:Anyone got some links to the Aussie version never knew there was one.

http://www.finalgear.com/

Well all I can say is thank god for channel BT :P Channel 9 will totally screw this up, really cant be bothered with them so no big deal...

I'm not a real big fan of SBS running the UK show either, they always edit out the news segment which is a funny part of the show.

Oh, other big rumor is that Fifth Gear might be canceled.

Fifthgear is rubbish anyway you wont miss much. Try bbc i player on the net if i miss top gear this is where i watch it and nothing should be edited.

Leez
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Leez » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:06 am

The aussie version is absolute crap, dont waste your time with it :P They try too hard to emulate the UK show and try to be all comedic and stuff but it just doesnt work for them...

I dont really mind who shows Top Gear, as long as I get to see it! And also not bloody 'unseen classics' becasue there all boring and some already have been shown lol

Return to “General Talk”