***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

The reason we shop online and buy from OS

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:28 pm

Anyone got any suggestions as to what I can do in this situation? I mean if MPS Garage close down, and go bankrupt or whatever, how do you go about chasing them for money?

if u dont know where they are currently, ie postal address then u cant serve any papers so u can do nothing, sorry :(.

also if they declare bankruptcy you are outta luck too.

3 years of chasing the whiteline swaybar debt have taught me that much :(

if u do wish to start legal proceedings though the first thing u do is send a "letter of demand" to the shop via registered mail stating that they have 28 days to either honour the contract (ie send what u paid for), or reimburse u. stating that if they cant do either of those u will take them to court.

u never know sometimes that works in itself. (if theres someone there to sign for the letter).
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Well their shop is still there. It appears that people have been there, but every time I go there its locked up. I suspect that the owner has been going there however.
MAP EF2 turbo , DW65 fuel pump, ID1000 injectors, EvoX FMIC, UR dump pipe, 100 cell cat, CP-E Exhaust, aFe air filter...and mud flaps!

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:56 pm

Stakeout time?
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:35 am

Is anyone in Sydney in the area of MPS Garage? They are at

Unit 7,
78 Owen Street,
Glendenning

Its close to Blacktown, Rooty Hill etc?

I'm quite a way away from there, so as much as I'd like to go out there hide in the bushes all day waiting for the bastard to come there, I can't really. However, if anyone from here lived close by, or worked around there, if they could maybe drop by the place (its in a small industrial complex, right at the back) and see if they are there, they could let me know. Then I'd be able to quickly come out and serve them with a notice of demand, or a court order or something.

Funny I just read another post on an RX8 forum where another guy managed to contact them via email in the past couple of weeks. Seems they may simply be ignoring me! What a surprise!

Also this is the guys facebook profile, if anyone wants to send him a friendly message!

https://www.facebook.com/aaron.christof ... 600&type=3
MAP EF2 turbo , DW65 fuel pump, ID1000 injectors, EvoX FMIC, UR dump pipe, 100 cell cat, CP-E Exhaust, aFe air filter...and mud flaps!

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:59 am

Hey can someone on here email MPS Garage and pretend they want to buy something? I just want to see if he replies to other emails, as I've tried to email him from 2 addresses and not got a response. The email is:

sales@mpsgarage.com.au

Either that or call the shop and say you want to buy something and leave a message, see if they call back.

(02) 9832-4880

I'm trying to build my case here, and I think it may help if I can get proof they are ignoring me.

Would really appreciate it if someone could do this and post back here!

jayce321
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby jayce321 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:13 am

I'll send them an email in my work address as they would probs still have my old email with the problems I had with them previously. I'll let you know the outcome when I hear back from them.

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:09 am

Nick i feel so sorry for you brother, no1 should have to go through all this just for a freaking exhaust.
But if they are going bankrupt/closing down then your out of luck in getting anything from them interms of product or refund.
i would do an abn search and see what their asic profile advises, if it says 'under external administration' or 'deregistered' then you cant do much, if it says registered id go to consumer affairs right away, dont spend another second thinking about it.
3Inch Custom Cat Back Exhaust
Home Brand Alloy UICP
DBA Slotted and Drilled Rotors
K&N Panel Filter Replacement
DBA Extreme Pads
Turbosmart Dual Port BOV
Tein S Tech Springs
Painted Calipers (Makes it look faster) ;-)

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:31 am

Hey Jayce, thanks mate appreciate it.

Chris, I've done the paid ASIC search and it says they are registered until September this year. Nothing about under administration also, so I still have some glimmer of hope.

I've logged a case with Fair Trading, sent 3 registered letters of demand this week (I found the bastards home address) and am talking directly with the owner of CP-E about them trying to get the money out of them and sending me the exhaust directly.

I'm not going to let this go until I've exhausted every possible option I have. At least I'll make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else!

*Post edit*

The above information remains unchanged, and shall be retained as evidence. I've been contacted by Aaron who believes that I have shared his home address details and that the police may consider some posts on the forums as a threat. I want to re-iterate here that I have never made a threat of any kind to Aaron, to do harm, or damage, to him, his family, or property. As I posted on the MPS forum, I stated that I had found his home address for the purpose of delivering a letter of demand, as none of my other attempts at contact had worked. I want to re-state that I have not shared his personal information. I used the word 'bastard' in the above post as out of frustration with my attempts at contact and their poor handling of the situation - there was no malice behind this. Aaron has sold the company and the new owner and I are trying to sort something out.
Last edited by BST50N on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:11 am

This guy must just be so lazy.
Seriously im sure he can follow up a few emails and get this sorted or atleast send you back the cash.

seriously id go to his house and confront him in a nice manner and just say dont want to do business anymore can you hand me back the cash, if not when can you ill come back. then if you go back and he doesnt call ACA im sure tracey grimshaw has some time on her plate LOL.

Home Brand Alloy UICP

DBA Extreme Pads

Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Tein S Tech Springs

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:06 am

So apparently some guy on the MPS forum has been in touch with them and they are 'selling the business'. What a joke. I'm trying to wrangle up people from there and RX8 forum so I can send a letter to A Current Affair and Today Tonight. I'll include his home address so they can annoy him :P

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:04 am

ACA and Today Tonight emailed! Watch out Tracy Grimshaw is coming after you MPS :lol:

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:09 am

tracy grimshaw, lol

only if its a new weight loss program or a new wonder bra :P
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1

http://goo.gl/GrUosm

R4LLI4RT
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby R4LLI4RT » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:37 am

i wish they would get tom petrovski to do it his beard is cool, would intimidate some people!!
just need to get him off the financial report...

Home Brand Alloy UICP

DBA Extreme Pads

Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Tein S Tech Springs

Return to “General Talk”