***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What are your pet hates when it comes to other drivers?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:12 pm

Securing the loads one, you do see some strange things fall onto the road. At least once a week a truck will get stuck under some of our train/tram bridges here in Melbourne. Last week a truck got stuck under one and lost its roof and there was loaves of bread everywhere. Not sure how but the truck also managed to somehow take out an Audi Continents-on-wheels (Q7's).

Trucks, we have them come in at work all the time and dont understand why other cars will cut them off. They have longer braking distance and if they hit you, your gone.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:39 pm

What makes me laugh about this thread is that every one thinks they are the perfect driver.

We are all human and make mistakes. We all need to share the roads. There are those who are not as fortunate as others. May be a little older or not have the skills to drive a car at high speeds like others.

Remember young people can walk or ride push bicycles. Elderly people some times have no other to get around then to drive them selves.

The best drivers are the patient ones who are ready to react to others who make mistakes.

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:48 pm

aspir3 wrote:As for the cars who over take a push bike and then turn in to a street or driveway and cut you off. They have no brains.

Here in the ACT, where we have a lot of cycle lanes now, the section where the cycle lane crosses a left turn lane is painted Green. A bicycle on this green section continuing straight to the lights technically has right of way and motorists are supposed to let the bicycle rider past before turning left.
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

fappy
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby fappy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:09 pm

Not giving way at roundabouts. It's so simple. If your not on the round about give way to everyone who is.

BeHaV3
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BeHaV3 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:12 pm

agree with aspir3..... we need to be defensive and drive according to conditions..conditions include other cars and their drivers.

Some pet hates:
- taxi drivers (an others) who don't merge on the Eastern Distributor...they just drive up the middle lane queue jumping, then stop and indicate, bringing 2 lanes to a halt.
- drivers who don't know their rear figlamps are on and refuse to acknowledge there is a switch when you politely pull up beside them at the lights to point out they are blinding drivers behind them (sorry to the many Excel drivers)
- 2 lane highway, 2 drivers running side by side 20 km/h below speed limit.
- being dragged off at the lights by a L-plater! (today!)
- lack of courtesy...merging/ lane changing. Indicating does not mean "please close that gap".
CJ RA. Stock!

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:32 pm

Three things today:
There was a girl doing laps of a two lane roundabout on the OUTSIDE lane.

The police had set up a breath test thing, blocking 2 lanes into one, so everybody had to merge into one lane. The line was maybe 40 cars long, everybody was in the same lane. Then a bunch of A-holes were changing into the other lane, driving down the queue and re-merging further up. If they tried merging between me and the car in front I would not have let them in.

I did a lot of driving on 110kmph highways today. There was 3 semi-trailers together with no gaps between them so it was impossible to overtake them, even when we reached various overtaking lanes, because to make it past in time I would have had to speed massively.

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:27 pm

I farking hate people who undertake......
P Platers do it and its getting more and more prevalent.
wish i was a copper sometimes.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:45 pm

What do you mean?

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:09 pm

Undertaking (passing on the left) is not against the road rules oz, it is frowned upon though.

blade888
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby blade888 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:30 pm

BeHaV3 wrote:- lack of courtesy...merging/ lane changing. Indicating does not mean "please close that gap".

Totally agree on that... I've seen two road fatalities all because a person accelerated to cut someone off who indicated to merge into their lane.
Sportback VR/GReddy Spectrum Elite/Advanti Medusa/K&N High-Flow Performance Panel Filter/Cusco Racing Braces

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:00 pm

I undertake on the Pacific hwy on the way to work. Why would I sit in gridlock when there is a free lane there that the majority don't realise is a clearway. Saves me 15mins some mornings.

Also on the freeway. I am not going to sit behind some idiot in the right lane doing 100. I undertake them.

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:32 am

SIR-VRX wrote:Undertaking (passing on the left) is not against the road rules oz, it is frowned upon though.

Not so sure but I thought in NSW you could undertake on dual carriage way, but you can not undertake on an overtaking lane.

Could be wrong :)

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:43 am

Chubb wrote:
SIR-VRX wrote:Undertaking (passing on the left) is not against the road rules oz, it is frowned upon though.

Not so sure but I thought in NSW you could undertake on dual carriage way, but you can not undertake on an overtaking lane.

Could be wrong :)

Taken from RTA handbook:

Once on the motorway, stay in the left lane unless overtaking.
If there are three lanes and the left lane has many vehicles travelling at a slower speed than you, stay in the middle lane. After you have passed them, you should return to the left lane. The right lane is generally reserved for overtaking so move out of it as soon as it is safe to do so.

You shouldn't be put in that situation if they are following these rules, but as we know in reality...

Guess main thing is patience & common sense, as you should always practice on a freeway.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:46 am

Fairly off topic but:

Pedestrians who come up to traffic lights, press the crossing button and then cross before it tells them.
Idc about how they treat their safety, that's their problem, but they're making the cars wait for nothing.

Today there was a pedestrian at a complicated intersection, walked up to it, pressed the button and WITHOUT STOPPING continued across the road, PRESSED THE NEXT BUTTON and WITHOUT STOPPING continued across that turning lane too.

I will destroy all he's ever loved. I'm sorry but its true.

Edit: Oh and I've complained about this before. There is an intersection in perth where if you cross when the green man is there, the traffic lights are still directing people to turn on top of you.

Return to “General Talk”