***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Low Fuel Warning light

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Nicho
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Nicho » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:09 pm

Yes, when I filled up about 20km after the first fuel light came on I only put just under 50Litres so when the first fuel light comes on you should have enough fuel to travel at least 100km but like we have said it probably not the best idea to travel too far as when the fuel gets close to empty the engine has to strain which is not good for the car.

nutterbug
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby nutterbug » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:32 pm

Fuel is filtered at the refinery, going into the truck, going out of the truck and when it is being dispensed into your car. The only time we worry about sediment mix up at work (I work for Safeway Petrol) is when we get to 10% levels in the tanks and we shut them off. We have to leave it out of stock for about half an hour after the delivery getting us good again. What fun!
8, It's a Melbourne record :P

m1n1on
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby m1n1on » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:26 pm

Nicho wrote:Yes, when I filled up about 20km after the first fuel light came on I only put just under 50Litres so when the first fuel light comes on you should have enough fuel to travel at least 100km but like we have said it probably not the best idea to travel too far as when the fuel gets close to empty the engine has to strain which is not good for the car.

That's about the same here. I filled up about 15 km after the first warning fuel light came on and I filled 50.89L of fuel. So it is possible to travel almost 100km on what was left.

Return to “General Talk”