***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Police Fines/Infringments you can laugh about now..

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:15 am

Cairns has a gunmetal grey Mercedes Vito with a nudgebar, license plate 737KXG (or 373, I'll have to check on that). Its generally fairly easy to see now I'm used to it, but my mate got flashed twice in the last fortnight.

I have no problem with the cameras, just with the deceipt - the way they stick the 'speed camera in use' sign practically underneath the front bumper for example. Law requires them to display it, but not for it to be VISIBLE.

on the other hand, its saved me a couple of times coming the other way, good ol lights relflecting off of it.

FNQ also has 4 or 5 VE Commodores fitted with side-mounted LIDAR's - they look like a rollcage extended from the car about a foot towards the centre of the road, with a tube on it. Very easy to spot, they're not undercover.

Cairns has a variety of undercover cars - but 90% of them are VE Commo SV6's, Aurions, Camrys and Falcons. Majority are blue or red, but theres a few gold/silver ones. Small black boxes in the windscreen are a giveaway too - there should be two just behind the wipers, and one long one across the top.

Thats about it of my expertise :)...

Pop around to your local Police HQ at some point and just scout out a couple of cars. Works a treat, you learn to spot signs, and you can always memorise plates.

EDIT: Oh, and if the guy in the car behind you reaches to change his mirror but doesnt...he's about to pull you over. The switches for lights/sirens in most undercover cars (and some normal squad cars) (at least in my area) are behind the center mirror, similar to where the Lancers interior lights are.

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:38 pm

Ryan_C wrote:On one side you tar P platers sayin we need to learn to respect the road rules and on the other side you say you watch out for Vito vans...now if you are a law abiding full license holder why do you need to watch out for them?? :shock:

Or is this a case of do as I say but not as I do? Seems rather hypocritical to me..... :wink:

lol... yes... well.... About the only rule I break is the speed limit.... and I'm not talking about 20-30ks over, I'm only talking about maybe 10-15kmh.... on a good day, it spots that are safe to do so, and with all due care and attention..... :wink:
This is still a decent threshold that the Vito vans can get you with, so I'm always looking out for them.... :P
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

BeHaV3
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BeHaV3 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:31 am

this one will lose licences for sure

http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=8735#8735

(how to guide for Club CJ members: Spotting Police cars)
CJ RA. Stock!

bigdave_1988
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby bigdave_1988 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:33 pm

damn i think i jus posted a comment to the driver of that car in the New Members Please Introduce Yourself Here section username was bacon_000

Ravine
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ravine » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:11 pm

Just before i left to go to China. I think i was driving heaps tired towards my mates place that i just wasn't paying attention. Had to drop something off as was leaving the next day.

Oh and it was double demerits. 1 point left...hooray.

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:33 pm

Never been done by a fixed speed camera...not sure how people actually manage it either.

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:40 pm

well i travel that god damn bottle neck of a Tunnel(M5) everyday!
and Yes i have been done..........not good lol....
mine was only 9kms over the speed limit...AHRRRRRRR!

Ravine
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ravine » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:03 pm

daveee wrote:Never been done by a fixed speed camera...not sure how people actually manage it either.

When you don't know what you're doing, the M5 tunnel is a real bitch.

Because as fixed speed cameras give you three warnings, the one in the tunnel has none at all. And to make it worse, it's not obvious and sticking up on the sidewalk, it's mounted to the wall.

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:06 pm

Ravine wrote:
daveee wrote:Never been done by a fixed speed camera...not sure how people actually manage it either.

Because as fixed speed cameras give you three warnings, the one in the tunnel has none at all. And to make it worse, it's not obvious and sticking up on the sidewalk, it's mounted to the wall.

very TRUE Ravine........
that Tunnel absolutely Sux.
+ all my mates who i work have been done as well, you just forget it there sometimes....

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:17 pm

The camera in the tunnel is easy to spot. Big black box combined with the radar cone type thing just behind/infront (forget exactly - but it's easy to spot!) - there are also the lines cut into the tarmac which give it away.

There are signs on the entrance to it saying there is a camera - I dunno maybe it's just me but I think it sticks out like dogs balls.

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:57 pm

Ozie wrote:
Ravine wrote:

very TRUE Ravine........
that Tunnel absolutely Sux.
+ all my mates who i work have been done as well, you just forget it there sometimes....

Thats why you use cruis control..... if you get done by a fixed cam you deserve the fine..... 3 signs and you KNOW the tunnel has cams so there is no excuse.....

Overtaking an undercover cop is just as bad... :)
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

Micoa
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Micoa » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:42 pm

In SA, if u speed i think you lose your licence now

its 4 points..and on P's u only get 4 points

tokmaster
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby tokmaster » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:23 pm

The_Bandit wrote:ooooooooooo - 79 in a 60 zone - ouch.... my licence was on tender hooks there for a time, but I have been a good boy for a while and currently demerit free.

A couple if times I was 'looked after' by bush cops out where I used to live - one in particular I must have been doing 150 or 155 and he only wrote me up for 128 so I didn't lose my licence. Living in the bush you used to travel those speeds just to get where you were going faster. I have also been caught talking on a mobile when I had a working car kit - po po says well that's a bit stupid isn't it - what could I say but a sheepish, yes mate, sorry. $220 for that one.

ye man u shud have seen me 170km/h in a 50zone
im selling my car btw
Custom Headers (better than RRM ask me),,RRM v2 Pulley,,rrm V1 Intake with Drift Pod Filter..Drift Oil Catch Can..High FLow Cat..carbon fiber muffler..

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:18 pm

Tok - by all means sell the car on this site, but no needs to advertise it with every post lol.

I get off my good behaviour bond in 3 months yay!

bye2u
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bye2u » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:55 am

Micoa wrote:In SA, if u speed i think you lose your licence now

its 4 points..and on P's u only get 4 points

any speeding infringement in nsw while on p is auto suspension of licence for 3 months.

Return to “General Talk”