***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

apple lovers

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Wed May 19, 2010 9:43 pm

In reply to Shane:

I was dead-set against it... (buying apple)

Until I did the comparison properly.

Apple
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Apple » Wed May 19, 2010 9:49 pm

hahha LZY.. one day.. u will look back and say.. what the hell was i thinking.. i cant believe i didnt buy one of these earlier.. :)
2010 Lancer VRX
- K&N Performance drop in filter
- 20" Lenso Rims
- BC Suspension Coil Over Kit (Lowered 45mm)
- Front end Vinyl Work
- Sports Magnaflow Exhaust
- More mods to come.. ++

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Wed May 19, 2010 9:52 pm

I think everyone took me out of context... I was disagreeing with Blakey.

I was once an Apple Certified sales professional ;)

I actually don't own one though... I have a company supplied Dell.

Apple
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Apple » Wed May 19, 2010 9:53 pm

hey im pretty sure anyone that has bought a mac.. used to be a pc lover.. i was a pc person.. through and through.. and if i didnt need windows for my uni shit.. i wouldnt have it installed on my mac.. hahah but .. as much as i dont want to say it.. it can be a bit expensive, they do overprice some things.. but not all..

ive had things i regret spending the money on.. the MBP is not one of them.. at the end the day u smile because u own a MBP and its sexy.
2010 Lancer VRX

- 20" Lenso Rims

- Front end Vinyl Work

- More mods to come.. ++

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed May 19, 2010 10:04 pm

Hey Apple. Thanks for the tip about Alfred. It really is marvellous. A real extension on Quicksilver. Hope they do more!

Have you ever pressed the button they put in Preferences-Experimental-Special??

Oh an about Blakey... In case you're new here, he's terribly opinionated. Sometimes rightly so, sometimes not. He shows great disdain on opinions which don't agree with his own... . I try to agree with him as much as I can in the hope that he'll like me (and also when it benefits me) ...but I doubt he does :cry:

Apple
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Apple » Wed May 19, 2010 10:12 pm

hahah no worries.. its clear to see who loves pc's because they havent really opened up to the world yet.. aka your realisation that mac is better. :)

i have and im devo though dont show what happens to the kids at the end.. they all deserve another marshmellow i think!
2010 Lancer VRX

- 20" Lenso Rims

- Front end Vinyl Work

- More mods to come.. ++

Apple
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Apple » Wed May 19, 2010 10:12 pm

oh and btw if you need an app for something ahhahah and ur not sure they have it, i will probably have one.. :)

so just ask
2010 Lancer VRX

- 20" Lenso Rims

- Front end Vinyl Work

- More mods to come.. ++

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Thu May 20, 2010 12:03 am

SIR-VRX wrote:
Blakey wrote:i dont know why anyone would want a Mac, id much rather spend 2grand on something better then a mac that can do nothing for 6grand. the money you have to pay for Apple junk, is completely not worth it. things you can buy for a generic PC far surpass Mac, just cause they are sleek, and made for your average already in incredible debt uni student, so they are put into even more debt, cause they paid, the extra 3grand to get something sleek, rather then something useful, better and only a bit larger.

i can literally get a custom made laptop for 1/3 of the price heaps better, and its only 1cm thicker all around. and maybe 500g heaver. i dont see the need for the super prices of the junk mac call computers.

My Macbook Pro (the super sexy aluminium one in the picture on page 1) was $1999 last year when we got it.

I shopped around for months and to get anything of the same 13" size, CPU speed, GPU spec, RAM, HDD, LED Backit screen and keyboard you were looking at at least $2999 (Dell Studio), $2499 (HP something). PLUS they were considerably heavier and thicker than the MBP. And the battery life of 7 hours for the MBP not 3-4 hours for the others.

In the end, the Mac worked out better and cheaper.

(I shared the same view as you until my mate told me to go and spec up the competition to the same specs. Only then did I believe him, when I read it for my self.)

tisk tisk adrian caught up in brand name computer, to be honest i hate all brand name computers its custom built or nothing.
Alienware - very expensive Fancy dell.
Dell -expensive bland computer.
HP - Expensive- midrange multimedia computer
ACER - cheap cheap cheap i have nothing more to say about its cheapness in this case you get what you pay for.
Asus - Full computers- alright not the best. components, you will find most computer companies use asus components even apple. expensive
PackardBell - same as HP
Panasonic - computer wise, average they need to stick to TVs
IBM - pretty sure they went out of business. or changed name or something

anyway. as i was saying, custom built or nothing. buying a brand name computer that is all your buying is a brand name. 2/3 of the price of a brand name computer is the brand. other 3rd is the actual computer.

and ofey. i do like you. your a awesome fella.

also to all sorry about my opinions, i cant help it just as much you cannot help but to reply to what i say.

also, you do realize if you like macs then you also like PC's you do realize PC means personal computer. i'm pretty sure mac falls into the personal computer range.

just to show you here, from the completely correct..... :wink: Wikipedia

The Macintosh or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers

PS i could get a free Mac and i would throw it out it wouldn't be worth selling or using.

they say all free things are the best, for macs its not even something you want to be given.

ill probably come back tomorrow and this will be removed. or ill be in-trouble for having an opinion. just like everyone else. also im not saying this to go against you, well i kinda am. but still. there is no opinion without an opposite.
I'm not trying to change your views cause i dont really care if you like macs, to be again honest i dont even know what this topic is about lol never read the first post.

but yes, you did realize ranting how great mac is would get at least someone that will have an opposite opinion. I'm pretty much that someone in almost every case.

just like i now i would cop crap for my opposite opinion.

and i dont think apple and mac will get the market. they just dont have the product, or the followers, a true computer user will have custom built. they wont use macs. only thing macs are good for is pretty much multimedia. they are dodgy at games and almost everything else.

and there other products, like the IPhone, you think if they can make a battery last for 7hrs on a laptop then they can make a battery that lasts 2hrs on a phone.... an Iphone spends almost all of its life on charge.

anyway im tired and sick of typing. ill let everyone work up responses that dont really have any input to what i have said at all.

usually just something like STFU then some stupid words.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Thu May 20, 2010 12:21 am

My desktops I custom build Blake.

Laptop was required hence that purchase. I would never buy a pre-built desktop from Dell or the like.

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Thu May 20, 2010 1:04 am

How did I miss a whole thread with Apple in the topic when Max has an apple sticker on the back window?

I fail...

Oh yeah... I wouldn't buy a pre-built Windows Desktop (Del etc) I would buy a Mac Desktop though (simply because that's the only option).

Laptop... you can't build yourself (well you can get something close but it's not a true laptop) I wouldn't buy a windows based one unless I had a specific reason to (which I don't). {btw I think "Gaming" Laptops are a wank, want to Game! get a desktop!!}
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

Alex.K
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Alex.K » Thu May 20, 2010 1:45 am

I couldn't be stuffed reading all the posts.

Anyway, it seems some people are wise enough to stay away from some Apple products.

My first ever Apple product was an iPod Touch 1st Gen. It was a beauty. Now I replaced it with an iPhone 3GS. Even better with 1GB internet.

The only worthy Apple products are iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch, MacBook Pro 13" (base model) in my opinion

MacBook Pro 13"s don't really have any competitors in price & specifications. I've just done an extensive research for 12"-13" laptops. The best bet was MacBook Pro 13"s for $1399 at student price.

Bigger MacBook Pros are just waste of money. Go get yourself a Toshiba for $1300 instead of over $2000. When the time comes just replace your Toshiba with another one. Simple

For iMac, You can DIY your desktops at half the price without Mac OS.

In general, Apple will rip you off.
But they sure make damn nice products.
Lancer -> Accord Euro -> M3

Alex.K
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Alex.K » Thu May 20, 2010 1:50 am

Blakey wrote:
SIR-VRX wrote:
Blakey wrote:i dont know why anyone would want a Mac, id much rather spend 2grand on something better then a mac that can do nothing for 6grand. the money you have to pay for Apple junk, is completely not worth it. things you can buy for a generic PC far surpass Mac, just cause they are sleek, and made for your average already in incredible debt uni student, so they are put into even more debt, cause they paid, the extra 3grand to get something sleek, rather then something useful, better and only a bit larger.

i can literally get a custom made laptop for 1/3 of the price heaps better, and its only 1cm thicker all around. and maybe 500g heaver. i dont see the need for the super prices of the junk mac call computers.

My Macbook Pro (the super sexy aluminium one in the picture on page 1) was $1999 last year when we got it.

I shopped around for months and to get anything of the same 13" size, CPU speed, GPU spec, RAM, HDD, LED Backit screen and keyboard you were looking at at least $2999 (Dell Studio), $2499 (HP something). PLUS they were considerably heavier and thicker than the MBP. And the battery life of 7 hours for the MBP not 3-4 hours for the others.

(I shared the same view as you until my mate told me to go and spec up the competition to the same specs. Only then did I believe him, when I read it for my self.)

tisk tisk adrian caught up in brand name computer, to be honest i hate all brand name computers its custom built or nothing.
ACER - cheap cheap cheap i have nothing more to say about its cheapness in this case you get what you pay for.
Asus - Full computers- alright not the best. components, you will find most computer companies use asus components even apple. expensive
PackardBell - same as HP

anyway. as i was saying, custom built or nothing. buying a brand name computer that is all your buying is a brand name. 2/3 of the price of a brand name computer is the brand. other 3rd is the actual computer.

also to all sorry about my opinions, i cant help it just as much you cannot help but to reply to what i say.

also, you do realize if you like macs then you also like PC's you do realize PC means personal computer. i'm pretty sure mac falls into the personal computer range.

PS i could get a free Mac and i would throw it out it wouldn't be worth selling or using.

they say all free things are the best, for macs its not even something you want to be given.

ill probably come back tomorrow and this will be removed. or ill be in-trouble for having an opinion. just like everyone else. also im not saying this to go against you, well i kinda am. but still. there is no opinion without an opposite.
I'm not trying to change your views cause i dont really care if you like macs, to be again honest i dont even know what this topic is about lol never read the first post.

but yes, you did realize ranting how great mac is would get at least someone that will have an opposite opinion. I'm pretty much that someone in almost every case.

and i dont think apple and mac will get the market. they just dont have the product, or the followers, a true computer user will have custom built. they wont use macs. only thing macs are good for is pretty much multimedia. they are dodgy at games and almost everything else.

and there other products, like the IPhone, you think if they can make a battery last for 7hrs on a laptop then they can make a battery that lasts 2hrs on a phone.... an Iphone spends almost all of its life on charge.

anyway im tired and sick of typing. ill let everyone work up responses that dont really have any input to what i have said at all.

Blakey I used to be like you. Totally against Apple.
iPod Touch got me started with Apple.
Loving my iPhone.
No plans for iMacs as they're just waste of money as both of us know.

But I do need a small laptop for uni.
Not stupid netbooks that I can't do any graphics work.
Something like 13".

So I looked up. It turns out 13" MacBook Pro IS the shit.
None can match the performance at that price in 13".

I know how you feel about Apple.
I was just like you :)
Lancer -> Accord Euro -> M3

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Thu May 20, 2010 10:12 am

I just like the way Apple stuff works. I used to be into PC and downloading off P2P and whatnot... but then I realised I was wiling to pay a premium for things which work straight away and do what they do. Nothing beats iPhoto for ease of use and photobook making, and I'm a huge fan of Safari/mail/iChat/etc...

That being said I accept the fact Microsoft's official MSN client sucks. And so does all the Office incarnations on Mac.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

Apple
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Apple » Thu May 20, 2010 12:30 pm

Blakey wrote:
SIR-VRX wrote:

PackardBell - same as HP

Oh god, long message, hahahah I wanted this topic to be a yes I like apple, or a no I dont like apple.. hahah but ok we are here now..

I don't know where to start.. Everyone, I mean everyone knows mac is expensive... But you do get what you pay for. I mean hackintosh, is awesome but there is nothing like the real thing..

I have a $2000 self built desktop computer that I always find myself customizing.. I know this is 500 dollars cheaper than my laptop and I know its faster, but meh.. really meh.. Thats something that sits there and plays games, when its ever on.

I know I can't get on the mobility fact because its laptop, because obviously all laptops have that 'mobile' feature, but when im 'mobile' with my mac, i know when i get it out.. its going to turn on.

No viruses... out of sleep in 1 second, internet up in 2... opening any program in a blink.. while also looking like a profession setup that suits 'serious' uni students or businessmen...

I mean ive seen it, if you think your option of a awesome gaming laptop is the best way to go about things.. Get that into the meeting, open it and guess what.. it looks like a pc, and it cant compare to the style and 'professional' look of a mac.

As i said i'm a designer, and I love both macs and pcs.. but if you open yours eyes when in a room of designers.. guess what.. nawwww.. everyone will be using a mac.. why.. because they are reliable.

People are willing to pay the price to have the aura of looking 'Experienced', and when you see someone open a presentation with a mac, you automatically consider them serious.

I would also say, anytime you build something yourself, there can be problems.. not all the time I might add.. you may be a "skilled" builder of laptops/computers but... when building computers yourself your always running the risk of something not being 100% right.

I'm not going to continue anymore because really, I was like you, and yes I know, pc is the end all of everything, but my eyes have been opened through designing and im sorry I cant change your opinion, but i actually really dont won't to, why... because pc's need all the help they can get, they need their hardcore supporters, otherwise... who would they have left?

meh im a mac supporter... you dont have to be.
2010 Lancer VRX

- 20" Lenso Rims

- Front end Vinyl Work

- More mods to come.. ++

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:44 pm

if the computer works and does what i ask im happy :)

its all personal taste. some like apple, some dont, cant we just agree to dis-agree.

Return to “General Talk”