***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Unique and weird pets

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Re: Unique and weird pets

Postby shamoo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:38 pm

Leez wrote: such as hedgehogs. Any suggestions?

i saw an echidna at work today. he was really friendly and not scared of humans at all. came right up to us and sniffed our feet. one of my employees wanted to pat it and take it home!

u could go a native animal, but u will need to get a permit for it. i once wanted to get a wallaby or sugar glider. every now and then i see them adevertised in the paper.

at the moment i have a pet rabbit which my bf looks after, shes pretty cute but not trained to do anything other then eat and dig. i am thinking about getting a guinea pig this weekend, they r so cute!
another pet i would LOVE to get is a minature horse, just have to look into council regulations.

if you are worried about the stink factor, get something that can stay outside, or clean the cage out regularly. my rabbit lives inside and she doesnt smell at all, but her cage is cleaned out everynight.

best bet would be the check with your local council to see what animals u r allowed to have and what u need permits for. also try places other then pet shops, such as the RSPCA or animal welfare league. they not only sell cats and dogs, but some places have birds, turtles, ferrets, ducks.

whatever you get, do lots of research before. a pet is for life!
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:41 pm

troy, if u want i can bring harley my rabbit on our next cruise to see how ur kids are with her.
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

Return to “General Talk”