***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

A good car secuity system?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Aaron2550
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Aaron2550 » Thu May 26, 2011 10:32 pm

Yes I get it, not worth stealing.
I was just getting paranoid cos A few people I know have been robbed as of late.

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Thu May 26, 2011 11:51 pm

My blinking red light is not on the dash, it's on the center panel beside the handbreak... also very visible from the outside looking in.

The alarm was added by the dealer as an extra.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Thu May 26, 2011 11:55 pm

Nobody was having a go at you caring about your car's security, nor said nobody would steal a lancer.

People buy expensive mods all the time, and you have the right to improve your car's security if you wish. The majority of us just think thats a lot to spend without being a guaranteed defence.

You'd probably get almost the same benefit from installing a small LED at the corner of your dash that flashes when the car is off. And you can better your chances by not parking in certain places at certain times.

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Fri May 27, 2011 2:21 am

I have considered getting an alarm for mine, mostly because I have non standard Audio equipment - though most of it isn't obvious when you look in the car when parked.

If I'm really worried I remove the face plate from the head unit and take it with me (as I have that option). Of course, in saying that, if someone were to break into the car and make the effort to yank out the head unit it will cease to work even with the face plate due to a security feature built into the unit it self.
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

Return to “General Talk”