***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Police Fines/Infringments you can laugh about now..

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:23 am

bigdave_1988 wrote:ok here it goes...

"1pm in the morning"????

looks pretty bad in text hey

YEAH

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:19 am

lol i take the cheese overtaking undercover cop on my P's doing 140 in a 110 zone when im not allowed to go over 100 :P
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:38 am

Wow - I don't get the number of people that have been pinged by plain police cars - despite the fact they aren't marked, they are still quite easy to pick (I am speaking for NSW only - I am not as familiar with 'undercover' cars from other states/countries).

Check for reverse sensors on the XR6T/8 Falcon or SS (not SSV) Commodore, check for two aerials on the back - be it with one on glass, or two on the boot, check for a black GPS receiver also sitting above the boot and finally check for small LEDs either side of the numberplate from the back and small ones on the dash if approaching from the front. The give away for caution when around an XR6T/8 or SS Commodore is the reverse sensors until you can;t spot other things - all general duties and highway patrol cars are required to have them.
ClubCJ's first Sportback

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:49 am

yeah it was at 4:45am in the morning on the way to work which = too dark to see. I know how to pick them normally :)

Ps.. it was AGES ago..
PPS.. Was in my soarer
PPPS.. it was a chick cop :P

Eagle
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Eagle » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:09 am

The police radar vans here in queensland are getting sneaky. I've seen them in several colours now lol. You used to be able to pick them by a white van parked on the side of the road, but the blue/black (especially at night time) is a bit harder...

Also, the qld unmarked cars are getting sneaky too. Everything from holden/ford, the toyota TRD aurion, corolla sportivo and I've also seen a stock looking aurion (base model) >.<

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:27 am

yeah in Newcastle I've seen a blue WRX STI, R34, F6 typhoon (i think don't know fords) and on the Newy - Syd freeway there are 3 XR6 Turbos undercover doing the rounds.

As well as 3 Mitsubishi 380's 2 Ford territories and a few CJ Lancers. all undercover I've seen on the freeway.

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:33 am

spunkybob wrote:yeah in Newcastle I've seen a blue WRX STI, R34, F6 typhoon (i think don't know fords) and on the Newy - Syd freeway there are 3 XR6 Turbos undercover doing the rounds.

As well as 3 Mitsubishi 380's 2 Ford territories and a few CJ Lancers. all undercover I've seen on the freeway.

And they'll all have reverse sensors I'm betting... first time I've heard of a Skyline being used though....

In Victoria I have seen a highway patrol SS ute, complete with LIDAR unit attached to an alloy rollbar....very sneaky.
ClubCJ's first Sportback

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:21 pm

where do they put ppl they arrest in a ute lol..... JUST HOLD ON BACK THERE!!!!!!!!!

bigdave_1988
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby bigdave_1988 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:32 pm

say that about the black ss ute with chrome wheels and the hummer up the sunshine coast

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:49 pm

The undercover Commodores and Falcons in QLD are now getting really sneaky. They are hiding the little LED light units INSIDE the tail and head light assemblies. Yes, weird I know. In the tail lights its in the reverse light section, and in the headlight, its in the high beam part. Pretty much impossible to pick due to the reflector of the lights hiding them.

Hidden-Shadow
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Hidden-Shadow » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:26 pm

Lol, some pretty insane fines you people have. As for the undercover police vehicles.. they are getting pretty intense these days - I know in Victoria they contract speed cameras out to some company which uses green Tritons I think.

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:00 pm

I can't believe the number of 'P' Plate drivers listed here with a host of excessive and bad fines to their names....

Sorry guys, but the idea of having your 'P's is to learn and respect the road rules to gain the knowledge and experience you need, to be able to look after and handle a car on the road, responsibly.... /rant off

Undercover coppers in Queensland are very sneeky....
I've seen a Blue SS Commodore on the M1 with personalised number plates....! with the hidden lights, as described above

Most of the speed cameras are now Mercedes Vito vans, black, silver and green most common Ive seen, so I'm looking for them all the time now.....
I still notice a landcruiser every now and then.... they're very easy to spot... usually Gold coloured and always with a snorkel... increases re-sale at the Govt. auctions.... lol
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

bigdave_1988
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby bigdave_1988 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:01 pm

Fair comment about the p plater thing but im sure (actually i know) your not a stranger to pulling away from the lights rather quickish. its just something that everyone does when they first get a car but they have been unlucky enough to get caught. police have cracked down heaps and got sneaky in the process

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:30 pm

Tarquin wrote:I can't believe the number of 'P' Plate drivers listed here with a host of excessive and bad fines to their names....

Sorry guys, but the idea of having your 'P's is to learn and respect the road rules to gain the knowledge and experience you need, to be able to look after and handle a car on the road, responsibly.... /rant off

Most of the speed cameras are now Mercedes Vito vans, black, silver and green most common Ive seen, so I'm looking for them all the time now.....
l

On one side you tar P platers sayin we need to learn to respect the road rules and on the other side you say you watch out for Vito vans...now if you are a law abiding full license holder why do you need to watch out for them?? :shock:

Or is this a case of do as I say but not as I do? Seems rather hypocritical to me..... :wink:

Return to “General Talk”