***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

The CJ's competition

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:22 pm

Hey Edge how are you mate?
The 6.1 was by the VRX's own guage on the display for average fuel consumption etc when you switch modes on the display and I used the cruise control pretty much most of the time up and back
Not revving engine hard and using correct gears seemed to help it sip the fuel.
I was pretty impressed if it was accurate and judging by the amount of fuel I used I 'd say it was reasonably close but not necessarily dead accurate,even if it was out a bit it still seemed very frugal on fuel.
Cheers Chris (mizta-B)
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

BeHaV3
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BeHaV3 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:52 pm

Hoggy:
My old car was Subaru. Subaru have upset many former customers, 08 WRX owners most recently. Cut the price by 2 grand on the car I purchased. THey have excellent resale. THeir 2 litre fly by wire is gutless. What was good in the 90's was consistent styling. THen they went mad. THe impress-her no longer impresses-him. I was waiting for the Liberty, but got too excited with the technology of the ralliart (even a few kW short of the new WRX. My wife can but does not want to drive a manual in the city. Choice easy. Mitsubishi wins with better warranty
Corolla too tinny, plastic everywhere. Bland bland, boring. Did i mention bland?
Mazda: Very good. Have helped purchase 3 x3's and my wife's car is a 6. would recommend. Australia voted in January 09...buying plenty of 3's. Yep held off buying a 3 when buying the 6 because no cruise control. In the police states, cruise control is a money & licence saver (and makes me a less safe driver....contrary to what the politicians say when they want their revenue!). FIxed on the second revision of the 3. New 3 coming will eat into re-sale.
Focus...Why not buy a 3. Japanese build quality sells it.

I looked at Audi, Citreon (nice styling, shame about the handling, the gutless diesel in an overweight car...not to mention the french can't get toasters to work, so don't let them loose on car wiring/ECUs and the like). Looked at Falcon (G6ET..lovely for 3-4 years, not for 7-10. Expect the brakes to warp, power steering to haemorrage, radiator to leak, basically everything to die one at a time). Audi A4...still look sideways at. THe "face" is the CJ upside down! it has the CVT etc etc. But the extras to get the lovely "eyelash" LED's etc etc. get you to 60k. AWD? 75K plus.
Saved the money and got the ralliart. AWD safety margin in the wet. Turbo ooomph. SST in sports mode surprises a few XR8's. The car is capable enough,and tame enough for anybody to drive safely.

THere are a few flaws, but bang for buck, VRX and ralliart are up there with the SP23, RS and WRX.
CJ RA. Stock!

edge
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby edge » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:42 pm

mizta_b wrote:Hey Edge how are you mate?
The 6.1 was by the VRX's own guage on the display for average fuel consumption etc when you switch modes on the display and I used the cruise control pretty much most of the time up and back
Not revving engine hard and using correct gears seemed to help it sip the fuel.
I was pretty impressed if it was accurate and judging by the amount of fuel I used I 'd say it was reasonably close but not necessarily dead accurate,even if it was out a bit it still seemed very frugal on fuel.
Cheers Chris (mizta-B)

im good thx mate..=D..wow..so you must be getting atleast 600-700km per liter since the car is a good 60L or 55L cant really remember...

spunkybob
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby spunkybob » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:51 pm

I would avg 700Lt a tank driving on the freeway for 200k's every day (work in syd, live on central coast) but i fill up when there is 100k's left otherwise i stop dead on the freeway :P

(100k's left... 120k's on freeway and no fuel station)
>CLICK HERE to view My 08 Lancer in all its Glory!
"Its STILL happy go fun fun time!"

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:20 am

Anyone seen the new model Mazda's? I caught sight of one the other day and I must say - impressed. It no longer looks like a CJ with a rounded front, it actually looks damn good.

Hoggy
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Hoggy » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:27 am

Josh_Emerton wrote:Anyone seen the new model Mazda's? I caught sight of one the other day and I must say - impressed. It no longer looks like a CJ with a rounded front, it actually looks damn good.

The new 3 will be real competition for the CJ, although the MPS I saw had a very smily face, not agressive enough for me!

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=60704&vf=2

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:49 am

HOGGY wrote:
Josh_Emerton wrote:Anyone seen the new model Mazda's? I caught sight of one the other day and I must say - impressed. It no longer looks like a CJ with a rounded front, it actually looks damn good.

The new 3 will be real competition for the CJ, although the MPS I saw had a very smily face, not agressive enough for me!

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=60704&vf=2

haha HOGGY it looks like they got the idea from the kids movie "cars" lol, + cmon josh..it looks ridiculous.......

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:25 am

Hey Edge
I was getting 660 - 700 km per tank cruising
The cruise control helps heaps it keeps the revs pretty consistant
It's a 59 Litre tank on the VRX Mate
Cheers Chris (mizta_b)
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.

MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.

Merlinised....

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:42 am

haha told ya HOGGY!!!

Hoggy
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Hoggy » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:45 am

Ozie wrote:Image
haha told ya HOGGY!!!

Awesome Ozie, very funny!

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:46 am

yeah!!! its a classic lol...

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:46 am

Well I was going to buy a COmmodore SV6, but then the whole sudden rise in fuel costs made me think otherwise, dont like any of the other small cars and the Lancer looks great and has top safety features...

Although I was thinking of the Hyundai i30 diesel and was going to get that until I realised at the time they didnt have cruise control as even an option. I dont mind the looks of the i30, the interior was pretty drab, but the frugality of the diesel engine in it had me sold :lol:

previous car I had was a Hyundai Excel but it was a great little car even if I did cop shit because "but its an excel".....I didnt treat it the greatest but it never had an issue in the year and three quarters that I had it...so yeah I wasnt afraid to go for a new Hyundai, which I know some others might!

Oh and as for the Astra, like all Opel made cars they are terrible, 60,000km timing belt changes and they become expensive to own once they approach the 100,000km mark, hear so many stories of them breaking down...

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:00 pm

I test drove a i30 1.6L Turbo diesel the other month. I was not impressed at all to be perfectly honest. The interior is typical Korean cheap and boring, no comfort features compared to the Lancer (even the "up-spec" model). And talk about slow! Wouldn't pull a skin off a rice pudding! My parents have a Turbo Diesel VW Jetta, and that is slightly slower than the Lancer, but the i30 is gutless compared to both the Jetta and the Lancer. No torque whatsoever considering it's a diesel.

Bandit
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Bandit » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:45 am

You guys need to try a Ford Focus diesel - absolute belter.

I also considered i30 as I don't mind the looks from the outside, but by the time I specced it up to what the Lancer VRX came with, it cost about the same and it is noticably smaller too.
ClubCJ's first Sportback

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:57 pm

If you have a VRX, O.Ed. or an Aspire, for me I think the one thing which trumps all other vehicles is our proximity key. It absolutely facinates everyone who've come into contact with your car.

Add to your ride, Brother Shadow's X-Factor Design Engineering auto folding mirror and I swear people will stop to ask you about your ride.

Like many others here, I was tossing up between the CJ, Honda Civic Sport and the Mazda SP23 as my first ever car. Glad I made the choice to buy Mitsu.

Though I added on another board that I am quite a fan of the Toyota Aurion *pity about the interior, the engine though is huge!* and the Subaru Liberty Heritage Premium after recent test drives.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Return to “General Talk”