***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Australia

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:14 pm

Graham wrote:In my one week at melbourne I was horrified with the lack of driving skill that I saw :| from the majority of drivers, even the bus I was on!..

merging without looking or indicating and almost causing crashed A LOT
running red lights constantly
impatient drivers tailgating others, the list can go on :shock:

Don't come to Perth :P there isn't really much to do here, there's some good roads to drive on though, plenty of kangaroo's though

Getting on the buses in Melbourne is like risking your own life. If you ever come down to Melbourne, never get on a bus. Ive been on some shocking buses, a few highlights of the bus service of Melbourne:

-Bus dropped a burn out going around a corner
-Buses dragging each other along Wellington Rd
-Lights only have one colour with bus drivers; green
-Bus went up on 2wheels while driving over a bridge with freight train going underneath (on next bus stop, only 2 people stayed on the bus...)
-Buses are notorious for taking out Keep Left signs
-Bus taking out a stray tree branch and continued on its way like nothing happened
-Lady bus driver with hip hop on full, one of the better drivers out there
-Bus driving up over the train lines while the gates are down...
-Constant speeding

There are some good bus drivers though, they are rare but they are out there. There are worse than bus drivers; Taxi drivers...

M@verik
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby M@verik » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:33 am

Thanks for the response guys. Yeah seems like im gonna end up in melbourne. I dont know if I can ask this here, but how is the racing scene there? Legal and otherwise :P. Also I will need a car, so im wondering if u guys got 200SX S15 silvia's or older evos, likr 3 to 6?

Weight loss, tuning

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:20 am

mate theres racing everywhere, Melbourne is like sports capital of Australia i reckon and yes there are alot of thos cars here in Australia, If your looking for a s15 iv got a mate whos selling his atm
Uchiha Itachi

Loki
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Loki » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:20 am

M@verik wrote:I dont know if I can ask this here, but how is the racing scene there? Legal and otherwise :P.

Legally I am sure you will get an answer. Otherwise? I'd like to think anyone with club stickers (or without) would not be involved or condone the otherwise.

M@verik wrote:Also I will need a car, so im wondering if u guys got 200SX S15 silvia's or older evos, likr 3 to 6?

We have it all when it comes to cars. We import from Japan when they hit their 40,00km limit so you will find an importer somewhere with the ride you want. Don't bother getting the Australian Spec rides as they are de-tuned horribly. Jap Spec is always going to go much better for your $$$.

At the end of the day even if we had dirt roads and only electric cars .... we're not next door to Zimbabwe. That in itself has to be a major positive. I have a mate who used to DJ in Zimbabwe and South Africa who's moved over here because of the current "climate" in Zimbabwe.
You know that you have really got to someone when they invest personal time into tracking you down all over the internet.

You know who you are :)

m1n1on
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby m1n1on » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:11 am

tjoz wrote:
Graham wrote:In my one week at melbourne I was horrified with the lack of driving skill that I saw :| from the majority of drivers, even the bus I was on!..

merging without looking or indicating and almost causing crashed A LOT
running red lights constantly
impatient drivers tailgating others, the list can go on :shock:

Don't come to Perth :P there isn't really much to do here, there's some good roads to drive on though, plenty of kangaroo's though

Getting on the buses in Melbourne is like risking your own life. If you ever come down to Melbourne, never get on a bus. Ive been on some shocking buses, a few highlights of the bus service of Melbourne:

-Bus dropped a burn out going around a corner
-Buses dragging each other along Wellington Rd
-Lights only have one colour with bus drivers; green
-Bus went up on 2wheels while driving over a bridge with freight train going underneath (on next bus stop, only 2 people stayed on the bus...)
-Buses are notorious for taking out Keep Left signs
-Bus taking out a stray tree branch and continued on its way like nothing happened
-Lady bus driver with hip hop on full, one of the better drivers out there
-Bus driving up over the train lines while the gates are down...
-Constant speeding

There are some good bus drivers though, they are rare but they are out there. There are worse than bus drivers; Taxi drivers...

I have taken public transport (Bus and Tram) since primary school all the way to finishing uni (~14 years) and I haven't experienced bus drivers doing any of the above. I guess it depends which bus routes you take.

M@verik
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby M@verik » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:47 am

sounds good. So I might not be that bored there after all lol

Past: Nissan Xtrail 2.5

Current: Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0

Weight loss, tuning

mark docherty
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby mark docherty » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:35 am

I am also looking to jump ship.

Been to sydney and the gold coast loved it. For anyone looking to move to vritain DONT Its pants the goverment has took over and priced us out the market. Hope Aus isent the same doubt it tho.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:49 am

I realise that everyone to Australia is a migrant and I think everywhere on this island is great. Since coming to this land, I refuse to leave. I hate traveling out and dread having to go anywhere. I love the weather, the friendliness of people here and also the wonderful variety life has to offer.

Some of you might know I had 6 years in London, England and 1 year in New York, USA. And I didn't feel any good in either of those places. Admittedly living in global capitals such as those was fun but I wouldn't want to raise a family in either of those places.

On the other hand, I don't see why everyone is trying to convince either of you to come to their respective states. We have something for everyone here. Depends on how you want to live your life. What kind of weather you're used to and so on... .

I would say travel abit once you get here before you actually decide where to settle. The club is so varied, you can ask to meet some of us in each state then we can show you our neck of the woods.

No 2 people's lives are the same and we can't say we see anything the same (except for the love of the CJ. Even then some like the sport back and others hate it... .). See even m1n1on doesn't have a bad thing to say about the bus service here in Melbourne while tjoz got on a RALLIbus. Though I think it has a lot to do with location... .

Some say Melbourne drivers are terrible while other say we're alot more patient than the Sydney lot.

No 2 people's opinions are the same... .

See it for yourself!
Still I stand by the VIC plates.

"Victoria - The Place To Be"
Last edited by ofey on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

blade888
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby blade888 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:46 am

Ofey has a very good point there, everyone's got different tastes and experiences for different and same areas around Australia, so it is best to visit each city and are you're interested before making a final decision.

As for racing, well I really odn't know about race tracks around Melbourne other than the legendary Melbourne Gran Prix, which is a closed off street race which of course you can't race around legally on when it's not setup for F1. If one of the Melb guys could post up some Melb/VIC race track lists up that would be awesome as I'm wondering about it too!

Anyways around Sydney NSW (within a 1-2 hour drive) there are numerous tracks to go to, here's a few:

Eastern Creek
Wakefield Park
Oran Park
Mount Panorama

Mount Panorama is the Australian Legend of the Bathurtst 1000 race with the Australian V8's. It's a great track and the Lancers do VERY well on there. The Bathurst 12 Hour race which was open class (so a mix of all cars, V8's, Exotics, classics, WRX's and EVOs), the EVOX finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd over all classes and another one came 10th. See Here for 2009 results

Info on the next one is here:
Bathurst 12 Hour
Sportback VR/GReddy Spectrum Elite/Advanti Medusa/K&N High-Flow Performance Panel Filter/Cusco Racing Braces

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:34 pm

Melbourne hosts the F1 and MotoGP. You can join drags in Calder Park and there are some track days in Sandown Park organised by car clubs (I'm sure we can fix one up soon :D ).

The best track in NSW (Sydney) is Mount Panorama where the V8 Bathurst (the Aussie version of the Indy500) is held. This is really nice and challenging from a spectator point of view and I really wish I could try it out someday soon.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:41 pm

You Mt Panorama is a 60kph public road right? Not that much fun at those speeds lol

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:48 pm

Don't they hold other races there as well?
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:50 pm

Maverick
All the major cities in Australia,and a lot of the country areas have something special to offer.
Best advice is to travel around once you get here and decide for yourself which is the best way to go.
Melbourne is very cosmopolitan with great restaurants,shopping districts and entertainment sectors.
Sydney has heaps to offer as well,all our states offer something pretty special,but I am a very proud and one eyed Aussie!!,so I'll have nothing bad to say - Enjoy Australia it is a great place to live.....
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

blanka
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby blanka » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:00 pm

yeh right on so where the bloody hell are ya lmao
Uchiha Itachi

BeHaV3
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BeHaV3 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:56 pm

I would say it depends on what type of job you are looking for post graduation.

e.g Engineering/Mining ....... have to give it to Perth closely followed by Brisbane. Manufacturing dead or dying in SA, NSW and Vic
CJ RA. Stock!

Return to “General Talk”