***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

a little rice is nice?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

nightrider
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

a little rice is nice?

Postby nightrider » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:54 am

hey guys, just wanted to get some honest opinions on what you guys/gals think when you see a car with stickers on it? or if you see a car with a body kit, or hear a car drive past and can hear it drive down the street. i just wanted to kno if you guys think that a little rice is nice? or not? :)

nightrider
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby nightrider » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:55 am

wooops i wrote it in the wrong place :( sorry guys

Nick07
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Nick07 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:12 am

Don't worry about what others think, it's your car.

tezlin
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby tezlin » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:15 am

It depends. Don't go putting stickers on like "I'm so JDM", when you're not, or having a shopping list down the side of your door.

Don't over do it, just make it nice so that people can see it, and it's not overstated.

i.e. don't stick a huge Fusion sticker over your back windscreen, because they're cheap and tacky subs. :P

I personally don't have any stickers, but it's up to you man, it's your car. :)

nightrider
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby nightrider » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:23 am

ill post some pics up and see what you guys think of mine, ill go for a quick shoot later on today

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:39 am

Stickers are good to a certian extent i believe.

For one, if your going to have branded stickers on your car, you actually have to have that part on your car.

I have a PMR sticker, ClubCJ sticker and Deadmau5 head on my car. All pretty much relating to whats been done to the car or what the car is affiliated with.

Deadmau5 head is there because I love deadmau5 and it looks hella tight anyway xD

If you get a canon exhaust on your car, make sure its done properly, and not mounted 60 million degrees out to the side of your car. I personally dont like the look of canons especially when their on the back of cars like ours, but on some skylines, S15's n stuff, they suit it so it doesnt bother me there.

When you see a canon on a car like ours, i personally thinks it makes us look a little cheap and just picked up some universal canon from ricebarn or something and paid some gronk $50 to tack in on for us.

But thats just my opinion anyway :)
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

hasu12
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby hasu12 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:56 am

you can do it :) sticker make ur car unique to the others ^^ i guess .,.. i got custom make sticker cross back door .. ^^ my profile pic hehe.. than again i am azn

nightrider
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby nightrider » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:59 am

true true, yeah i put SOME stickers on but not too many to make it look like a rally car. a ralliart one doesnt look too bad does it? cos ive seen heeps of lancers, magnas and stuff with ralliart stickers on it and it looks pretty good. as i said earlier ill take some shots and see if it looks too ricey =] i was thinking bout putting 2 cannons on mine since its got a dual exhaust outlet. JKZ! haha

nightrider
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby nightrider » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:06 pm

@piya im asian too btw :P you know how we do it ay bro? haha

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:33 pm

I hate over-the-top ricers with bodykits which would appear physically detrimental to the performance of the car.
Saw an MR2 driving through Bankstown the other day and it was decorated like a big toy with bits of plastic and chrome hanging here and there.

Stickers are alright, but definitely have something related to it installed on your car.

At the end of the day though, it's your car and if you're happy with it then it's up to you.

PsyTrix
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby PsyTrix » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:08 pm

Personally not a fan of stickers yet some discreet ones are okay (IMO) - When it comes to over the top body kits and what not, at the end of the day its your car and your choice - but dont be surprised if people bag you for it. It really comes down to how sensitive you are about other peoples opinions. People will say dont worry about what other people think and thats fair enough however some people are more easily hurt then others.

At the end of the day opinions vary greatly - what some people will hate others will love - you cant win, but as long as your happy with it then that should be all that matters.

Its sad that we live in a world where people think its their right to sh!t on someone out loud just to bring them down - but sadly thats where the world is heading.

Though I do believe with some mods people are just asking for it - I wont go into what those mods are but I would never say anything out loud or make a scene about it as its not really any of my business what other people do with their cars - Theres more then likely people out there that think the same about my ride as well.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do.
Ralliart/Evo parts Versus 20s and BBS rims for sale! see: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=7346

ijustatecurry
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ijustatecurry » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:14 pm

Less is more!
All bleeding stops eventually!

Return to “General Talk”