***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Ralliart now allowed on Provisional!

Local SA & NT State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

3rdEarth
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Ralliart now allowed on Provisional!

Postby 3rdEarth » Thu May 01, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi ClubCJ,

Just wanted to let fellow P plate SA members know that ralliarts are now legal on P plates!

"On 1 March 2014, the definition of high powered vehicles changed for vehicles manufactured from 1 January 2010 onwards. This will allow all types of vehicles, regardless of the number of cylinders, fuel type, being turbo or super charged, to be driven by provisional licence holders, on the condition that the vehicle power to weight ratio is not greater than 130 kilowatts per tonne in tare mass, and no modification is made to alter engine performance. - See more at: http://www.mylicence.sa.gov.au/safe-dri ... 97Ejn.dpuf"

Probably going to sell my ES Sport model for a ralliart now!

Kevin.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Thu May 01, 2014 1:29 pm

prohibited:
Any modifications to the vehicle's computer system with regards to airflow rates, fuel delivery rates or ignition timing etc. - See more at: http://www.mylicence.sa.gov.au/safe-dri ... 97Ejn.dpuf"

even with a tune your still below the 130kw threshold unless this is crank power?

RA is 1.5 tonne which means u can run to 205kw, a normal tune is about 180kwATW.

must be crank power, not ATW?
Last edited by sleeper on Thu May 01, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Thu May 01, 2014 1:30 pm

Hmm will need to look more into this. Hopefully NSW has that rule too!
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Thu May 01, 2014 1:59 pm

They had to do this, with the amount of turbo diesels and similair coming out they can't just restrict a type of car to p platers. Many new turbo charged vehicles are very safe compared to older non turbo vehicles.

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Thu May 01, 2014 4:18 pm

I cant believe nsw hasn't done this yet, since its been talked about for more then a year now, stupid guddament
Boost life scrambles the brain

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Thu May 01, 2014 4:47 pm

shadow-vex wrote:I cant believe nsw hasnt done this yet, since its been talked about for more then a year now, stupid guddament

Thought u wanted an evo? :O
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Thu May 01, 2014 4:49 pm

delta_fragma wrote:[quote:c85b569681=lantourismo]They had to do this, with the amount of turbo diesels and similair coming out they cant just restrict a type of car to p platers. Many new turbo charged vehicles are very safe compared to older non turbo vehicles.[/quote:c85b569681] Turbo-diesels were never prohibited in NSW.

however, the issue (on paper) is that turbo diesels are now more powerful/faster then petrol n/a cars, and this is including things like the turbo diesel super cars that no normal person will be able to afford on there p plates

lantourismo
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby lantourismo » Thu May 01, 2014 6:42 pm

delta_fragma wrote:[quote:c85b569681=lantourismo]They had to do this, with the amount of turbo diesels and similair coming out they cant just restrict a type of car to p platers. Many new turbo charged vehicles are very safe compared to older non turbo vehicles.[/quote:c85b569681] Turbo-diesels were never prohibited in NSW.
in wa turbos where prohibited to p platers last time I checked, diesel or not.

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Thu May 01, 2014 9:51 pm

shadow-vex wrote:however, the issue (on paper) is that turbo diesels are now more powerful/faster then petrol n/a cars, and this is including things like the turbo diesel super cars that no normal person will be able to afford on there p plates

Reading this makes me sadface because my dad's X3 Turbo Diesel is miles faster than my car. T_T
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

shadow-vex
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby shadow-vex » Thu May 01, 2014 11:56 pm

Metalstrix wrote:[quote:c0f54cbc8f=shadow-vex]I cant believe nsw hasnt done this yet, since its been talked about for more then a year now, stupid guddament[/quote:c0f54cbc8f] Thought u wanted an evo? :O

Yes I want an ego, but its besides the point, the nsw government has been talking about this, saying soon, its just like Rockstar with the realease of heist hahaha

Seffy wrote:[quote:88c01002ca=shadow-vex]however, the issue (on paper) is that turbo diesels are now more powerful/faster then petrol n/a cars, and this is including things like the turbo diesel super cars that no normal person will be able to afford on there p plates[/quote:88c01002ca] Reading this makes me sadface because my dads X3 Turbo Diesel is miles faster than my car. T_T

Not sure is srs or not... :/

Return to “South Australia & Northern Territory”