***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Southerners

Local SA & NT State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Philskie
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Southerners

Postby Philskie » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:03 pm

Any body out south who doesn't want to drive an hour and a half north to cruise for another hour and a half then another hour and a half back home, Im always around and keen to cruise or meet up or work on cars. not dissing the north but that is way to far away..id much rather put that petrol money into modding my ride. chur

Lypherk
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Lypherk » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:35 pm

Not all cruises are located north, we have had some southern cruises before and meets are roughly organized with a 'central' location in mind. If driving north is such an issue and for example: a cruise is south, im sure something can be organised so that the northies can meet up with the southies at a second location.

Kal777
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Kal777 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:52 pm

we have had a few cruises central to you and since the last major cruise we did since you joined was the first northern cruise for over 6 months i dont see why your complaining.
Injen Cold Air Intake/K&N Invert Pod/BC BR Coilovers/Whiteline Strut Brace/DrIft Blade seats/Penrite HPR5/Penrite ProGear/PBR Gold Dot

Philskie
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Philskie » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:41 pm

Kal777 wrote:we have had a few cruises central to you and since the last major cruise we did since you joined was the first northern cruise for over 6 months i dont see why your complaining.

not complaining son. did i hit a nerve? didn't mean to hurt your feelings bro.
It wasn't an attack on the North just a heads up to the south, the nice part of town. haha

kfresh
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby kfresh » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:59 pm

North/South in Adelaide is moot anyway. If I were to drive 45 minutes from the "north side" of Melbourne, I'd only make it to "slightly-less-north side" of Melbourne.

That being said, normally we're in the hills either way. I was talking to Erin about heading out beyond McLaren Vale way for a cruise some time just today, actually.

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:06 pm

We have had quite a lot if duscussion of late with south and north cruises. I try to mix it up a bit as we have alot of north and south peoples. As someone mentioned it had been a good couple of months since we had been out north, so was well and truely over due to head out that way.
Im now going to try to alternate the cruises. So one north, then centralish, then south, thencentral and then back north and so on. With the exception of last min impromptue meets or special events or if interstaters come to town.
Also with our meets people can meet up with us along the way, if they cant make the meet point.
The anzac day cruise is our centralish cruise which means next months will be souths turn, which ill be looking for susgestions next week.
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

D
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby D » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:09 pm

^^^^
My EVO (X MR) progress: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=328713#328713
4 cylinders, 3 diamonds, 2 litre, 1 turbo, 0 reasons to buy anything else
ROTM WINNER SEPT 2014

D
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby D » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:24 am

Agreed, there is also a path through Clarendon that goes all the way up to lofty (I think), it is one of the targa Adelaide stages and is wikid fun :)
My EVO (X MR) progress: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=328713#328713

4 cylinders, 3 diamonds, 2 litre, 1 turbo, 0 reasons to buy anything else

ROTM WINNER SEPT 2014

Return to “South Australia & Northern Territory”