***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Fitting King Springs

Local SA & NT State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

darren1011
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby darren1011 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:10 pm

If you're going to go, might as well wait and go all out. Coilovers are overkill for some of us, if you saw my driveway you'd understand but at 85 k I want new shocks to go with my springs, and the seay bars. All of this inc the CAI set me back less than 1400 and can be pro installed for about 800. Waiting for new front rotors, pads dot 4 and braided lines to arrive from GSL won't add much to labour charge

DTGriff
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby DTGriff » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:30 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but... Isn't a car forum here for people to ask questions and share info etc?

Why is there people making sly comments when someone asks a question or 2? This isn't the first time either... Odd!

Anyway, fair play Erin!, looking forward to seeing a pic so I can justify the money myself haha!
Sportback... because everything sexy needs an ass!

Mod Thread: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=12562\

darren1011
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby darren1011 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:43 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:Well I now have my king springs and they are just as pictured on the auction, brand new which Im very happy with and have managed to find a mechanic to install them via one of the guys at work so will be costing me $135.00-$150.00 instead of $300+ I have been thinking more about the whole replacing the shocks thing even if it was just fronts where it matters most so thought I would speak to the professionals to see if I really do need to do it or not cause Id rather only pay for one lot of labour. So I rang SA Suspension Centre @ Pooraka which deal with all the aftermarket products inc Kings, Whiteline, KYB, Exedy etc and told him I was wanting to install Low 30mm Kings on my car which had done 115,00kms on original suspension and would I need to replace the shocks and was told no, it should be fine, that Id only need to worry about it if they were Superlow or Ultralow. So that puts that argument to bed. I will replace shocks later if/when I need to.

If it's one of teh first Lancers, like mine, it will have oil shocks in it, which I am replacing at 85k with excelg gas to go with my kings. The rears are gone and the front isn't much better. My personal lview is spend money now to save later

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:01 pm

I believe Troy's point was you will more than likely need new shocks 'eventually' due to fitting new springs, which essentially means its a more expensive mod than it seems, so the gap in price between just springs and full coilovers is smaller than it appears...

But if its fine for now its fine for now. :)

Return to “South Australia & Northern Territory”