***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Crash Repairers

Local SA & NT State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

lizard2010
INACTIVE Member Account

Crash Repairers

Postby lizard2010 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi fellow CJ owners!

A few months ago my car was parked out the front of my parents house, my mum backed out of the driveway and in to my car!! :shock: The damage is minor, hence the reason a few months have gone by but I really need to do something about it! I had taken it in to Cole Crash in the city (Mum had previously taken a car there and was very happy with the job) however some time between them doing the quote and insurance company approving it then me getting around to booking it the company suffered a terrible loss and the owner passed away and subsequently the business went in to receivership in the weeks/months after. My insurance company never contacted either myself or my mum (same insurance company) to tell us of this happening, but that is a whole 'nother story!

So anyways the point is I now need a crash repairer to take my car to and am wondering who you people would trust with your cars!? A parent at work owns a crash repair business in the Barossa and is happy to take on the job for me but I am unsure basically because he would drive it up there and then back (leaving me a loan car) and that of course add's unnecessary km's to the car!

Hope you have some suggestions for me!

:)

P.S My Lancer came off best in the 'accident'....Swift has a hole in the bumper and way bigger dent!! :lol:

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:21 pm

Liz where in Adelaide are you from?

If it is only the bumper, it should not take long to fix.

Does the bar need to be replaced or just painted?

I use a friend at Gillies Plains but he does not like to do insurance jobs as the muck him around and he does not have a loan car.

You could ask your dealer where they take their cars to be repaired.

lizard2010
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby lizard2010 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:30 pm

I am in Prospect, so pretty central to anywhere really!

The damage is to the panel around the front right tyre. Its dented a small amount but is mostly paint damage. The quote was for around $1100/1200 which seems extreme but I guess that is part of what that business is all about! It's already been lodged and it's completely covered by my mum's so probably easier to stick to 'approved' crash repairers at this stage. Your mate might be helpful for any other marks that are bound to appear from all the inconsiderate drivers out there! They might not care about their car but I care about mine!! I have touch up paint for the small marks.

Good idea about asking the dealer, will call Australian Motors tomorrow!

LOVE MY CAR!! :-D

Return to “South Australia & Northern Territory”