***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Car Wash.

Local WA State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Hazy1
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Car Wash.

Postby Hazy1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:23 pm

Where is the best place in perth for automatic car washes? that are still open late?

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:37 pm

I don't know if it's the best, but i used to use the one at BP in Carlisle (on Orrong Rd, across from Carlisle IGA).

It washed my car really well, but i can't use it now with a black car - potentially too scratchy. Didn't do any harm to my old silver car though.

It's one of those one's where you buy 4 washes you get the 5th free or something like that.

Hazy1
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Hazy1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Oh. well my car has tiny scrathes all over it :'(
Live Fast...or...Die Slowly

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:49 pm

Mine too, so much for paint protection working to help prevent that - they're the tiny spider webby ones you get from washing. Not happy.

I wouldn't use any car wash at all if you want to prevent damage to your paint, i think all of them will do some damage. But then I have never used an automatic car wash with this car, or even a manual one coz apparently the brushes scratch the paint too much. Obviously doing it by hand didn't help much anyway... sigh.

I have a Karcher high pressure washer and all the good microfibre cloths etc. for DIY now... and a detailer once a month... coz i'm lazy. Haha.

Hazy1
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Hazy1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:51 pm

I was washing mine today. i found so many lil scatches is stupid places. gah ill just do it ma nually before i come to the cruise. rock up bugs and all :D

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:57 pm

Yep, it sucks. I actually scratched my car on the weekend driving it into Wedge beach... but it was fun driving on the beach so could have been worth it. They polished out thankfully anyway.

I gave up on trying to have a clean car after one month of owning a black one. Mission impossible. If i come to the cruise my car will likely be dirty so don't feel bad, lol.

Hazy1
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Hazy1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:43 pm

Lol i could probably poliah mine out i just always run out of time. i get half way through and wanna go somewhere lol. beach driving sounds fun. Haha red is hard to keep the light dust off. haha im glad i didnt get the black one now. haha i wont then :D

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:49 am

Hey guys, just a tip with regards to automated car washes. My family actually owns one in Joondalup and I worked there for about 2 yrs and I agree the big rolling brush things at servos are terrible and I wont go near them. The manual ones (basically just brooms that shoot soap) are ok but I would only use one if the car was super dirty with lots of bugs etc that require a bit of elbow grease. Even then I normally just use a sponge at home if its that bad. However there is a really easy alternative that wont ruin the paint work at all (but is only really effective on light dirt and best used on a regular basis). There are "touch free" washes that simply use a mixture of high pressure water and soaps to clean the car. Most will also have an underbody spray so drive in as slow as possible! Most dedicated carwashes in Perth will have something like this, or you can go to Carwash 24/7 in Joondalup (I don't work there anymore :( but the manager Jim is a cool guy) and we have whats called a "laser wash" (just a fancy name for a touch free).

lol sorry for the rant and I'm not trying to plug the business, there are plenty of automated carwashes around, just please PLEASE don't go to a servo and have your car scratched to sh!t!!
Like my car? Follow my fitness blog!

http://www.littleguylifting.com/

bernardo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bernardo » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:11 am

I did paint protection on my car from : http://www.sublimedetailing.com.au/home/about.html

He's really great, he comes to your house and spends half a day on your car. With the paint protections I don't get any swirls mark at all and I only wash my car probably 6 to 8 times a year.

The only scartch I got on my car is from the service dealer themself. After servicing I found a deep 1 cm cut behind my RA. Scolded them.

Hazy1
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Hazy1 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:21 am

Itachi wrote:Hey guys, just a tip with regards to automated car washes. My family actually owns one in Joondalup and I worked there for about 2 yrs and I agree the big rolling brush things at servos are terrible and I wont go near them. The manual ones (basically just brooms that shoot soap) are ok but I would only use one if the car was super dirty with lots of bugs etc that require a bit of elbow grease. Even then I normally just use a sponge at home if its that bad. However there is a really easy alternative that wont ruin the paint work at all (but is only really effective on light dirt and best used on a regular basis). There are "touch free" washes that simply use a mixture of high pressure water and soaps to clean the car. Most will also have an underbody spray so drive in as slow as possible! Most dedicated carwashes in Perth will have something like this, or you can go to Carwash 24/7 in Joondalup (I don't work there anymore :( but the manager Jim is a cool guy) and we have whats called a "laser wash" (just a fancy name for a touch free).

lol sorry for the rant and I'm not trying to plug the business, there are plenty of automated carwashes around, just please PLEASE don't go to a servo and have your car scratched to sh!t!!

Thanks for the Help.

FizyMo
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby FizyMo » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:42 pm

I rekon still the best way is wash it yourself, and use wax and polish for best results, dont botter for paint protection (tintacar)
".FizyMo."

Return to “Western Australia”