***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

[WA] Chat Thread

Local WA State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:40 am

vtec sticker +15kW

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:20 am

Nah no vtec but there was a Ralliart badge on there so +50KW.

Haha maybe if she was attractive enough (and I didn't already have a ball n chain :P) I would have pioneered the "I have 167hp, you?" pickup line :D
Last edited by Itachi on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Like my car? Follow my fitness blog!

http://www.littleguylifting.com/

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:29 am

But she can do jumps and wheelies 8)

Ok guys theres a heeeuuuge background discussion that you can't all see/probably can't be bothered to read.

But, do any of you think we (WA) should have an Admin?

I'm not interested in seeing more discussion here, just speak up if you think we should so I can mention it.

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:40 am

Is there much difference between a moderator and an admin? (I'd love to read the discussion but can't...oh well :))

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:48 am

frankly no i have read all the discussions about it and dont really agree with requiring admin... especially in WA.... i mean whats the point of having an admin now when its just a figurehead.... i honestly think we should have mods.... work towards building up numbers then gettin an admin who would actually be doin a job.... I dont think a figurehead status is gna do much... as long as there is someone leading WA whether with the title of mod or admin then we are good.... the main issue is gettin numbers up and making the club a sociable friendly atmosphere.... so jake i think we should not get involved in that argument cuz it has no purpose for us....

~LancerVR~
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Devil (cj-red)

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:53 am

If there is not much difference then I don't think it matters. As long as we have one or two people that the WA members can approach with ideas etc and that help bring the community together and help it grow (and hopefully have more than a 2 ppl cruise lol!!) then we should be fine. As far as the politics of the club goes I dare say we are quite removed from it anyway...

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:02 am

yeah my sentiments exactly.... so just leave as it is and dont needa cause the elections organisers unnecessary trouble.... we will be fine for now with mods.... further down the road after we have established ourselves with bigger numbers then we can focus time on gettin an admin to better organise things....

~LancerVR~

MitsuLove
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MitsuLove » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:25 pm

even though i can't read the discussions (where is my PM re premium membership MitzaB??? :wink:) i agree with Rahul & David.

WA doesn't yet have a big enough active member base to warrant an admin, but perhaps just 2 mods for the moment to organise things.

once we have a bigger base - hopefully more spotted cards work like mine did :) - then electing an admin may be more important than it is now.

just my thoughts, i could be missing something as i can't read the damn election threads!

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:32 pm

The only downside I can see to the point of view I expressed earlier, as have Rahul and Laura, is that in the future we could be limited by our lack of an admin. So there is an argument for pushing for one now while the restructure is going on so we already have the system in place before it becomes an issue later on down the track when WA membership grows. As far as I know it would be an issue for the other states because the new club structure is limited to 3 admins total (Pretty sure I read this in the new club constitution) so it means having an admin in WA could prevent a more active location having one. That being said this is overcome by regular elections, which will favour the more populated areas (as active members have a broader audience). Just some more thoughts...

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:55 pm

yeah but like i said before, we can worry bout that later on when we have more members.... once we have enough members that would require an admin, we can put it forward to the committee to get an admin then.... this can be done anytime not yearly...

~LancerVR~

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:23 am

I can't seem to access my PMs and there are random warnings at the top of the page...is the site still being repaired or is it just me?

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am

Its not just you... The site was down for a while. People said maybe we got hacked or had a retarded site update...

BTW WA mod voting is open for the few of us who can vote -.-

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Heres the link.
http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=6071

Apparently I don't deserve a capital letter...

Leez
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Leez » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:39 pm

Pedantic much?

Washed and polished my car for 2 hours just then... I think I was even sweating at one point :P It's so freaking SHINY... I can't get over what difference a bit of effort and time can do :) By the way, Auto Glym Car Glass polish is the best! It's basically turned my windows into mirrors!

lancervr
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancervr » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:33 pm

lol good job aaron..... i should start cleaning my car soon... my stockies rubber is still orange from quindanning n needa steam clean some orange soil stains from the back carpets.... probs goin to get it cleaned after gettin back my 18 inch rims n fitting my eibach springs and new wheel nuts..... finally got black ones instead of those ugly ass chrome ones that came with the rims...

~LancerVR~

Return to “Western Australia”