***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

This is why QLD government sucks

Local QLD State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:16 am

Fixed speed cameras have been introduced into south east Queensland at:

Bruce Highway at Burpengary
Main Street at Kangaroo Point (approach to Story Bridge)
Pacific Motorway at Tarragindi.
An additional six speed camera sites will be introduced in Queensland at:

Warrego Highway at Muirlea (Ipswich) — from 24 December 2009
Warrego Highway at Redwood — from 31 August 2009
Gold Coast Highway at Labrador — from 28 September 2009
Gold Coast Highway at Broadbeach — from 31 August 2009
Nicklin Way at Warana — coming soon
Sunshine Motorway at Mooloolaba (Mountain Creek) — coming soon.

Doesn't even mention the one coming up the Toowoomba Range....

MrMuppet
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby MrMuppet » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:19 am

they are also looking into making the red light cameras into speed cameras as well, so if you go a little faster to beat the red, they'll sting you for that too, not confirmed but info from bcc employee.
My CJ is the best. "Why??" It has 3 DVD Players :)

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:25 am

Tarquin wrote:
Blakey wrote:that is possible adrian, but yer to let people know about it for now, its heading south on the gateway just before nudgee, that is where it is.

Mmmm... will have to look into tthis one.... I don't recall any on that stretch - unless its on one of the new huge overhead LED speed signage...
** I do seem to remember a new "speed cameras in use in this area" sign around the Ent.Center exit.... They are always around the regular locations - Kedron etc.

If this is a fixed one, like at Burpengary - the one Adrian drives through out near me - This one at Nudgee should still have the calibration lines painted on each of the laneways, to denote there being a camera there.
**I know the one on the M1 near Mt Gravatt recently had its lines updated to a different design.... :)

its going south before nudgee, before where they have recently doneup the nudgee streach. that bridge that goes over to nudgee beach. its before that going south, slightly hidden, and no lines. they are not actually needed to get your speed. same as the NSW ones they dont have thoes lines.

but it does look brand new tho. so it may not be activated yet. as it does have no signs at all before it checked it again on my way home yesterday.

if your going past there keep an eye out for it. its right next to a Emergency phone.

eskimo
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby eskimo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:46 am

drake89 wrote:
SIR-VRX wrote:All the permanent speed cameras in QLD (Of which there is 5 at the moment) have signs preceding them.

2 are on the Gold Coast. lol

Was talking to a cop a few weeks back, I have no idea if this is true or not, but he was saying that until the camera's go digital, they only operate one at a time, since they can only afford film for one camera.

Apparently when they want both up, both camera's get loaded with half or something. Let's hope the GC get's updated last :P

arutha
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby arutha » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:09 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:All the permanent speed cameras in QLD (Of which there is 5 at the moment) have signs preceding them.

sorry mate not true. new cameras that are going in throught out suburban areas of brisbane are a mixed red light / speed camera that are not required to be signed. theres a great example of this on waterworks road. red light camera to get you if you run the signals or speed camera to get you if you speed up to run the amber (which alot of people aren't aware is a 3 point $225 fine for failing to stop) oh and to make maters worse there's no lines required on the road either
Born at JustJDM's 'ninjaworks' facility,
Honed into a weapon by Mercury Motorsport

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:26 pm

I think I may have done this one or twice on my way to the meet on sunday going through the inner city following other cars, so I guess I will find out in a few weeks. I am not used to all of these cameras and sneaky police here in the sticks.

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:09 pm

A cop freind of mine said they were thinking about introducing a system similar to the Truck safety one in NSW where they record all vechicles going from 1 point to another and calculate the average speed and fine you that way.

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

bigwill
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bigwill » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:24 pm

yeh I read about the point to point system they are looking to introduce.

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:45 pm

eskimo wrote:Was talking to a cop a few weeks back, I have no idea if this is true or not, but he was saying that until the camera's go digital, they only operate one at a time, since they can only afford film for one camera.

Apparently when they want both up, both camera's get loaded with half or something. Let's hope the GC get's updated last :P

I had heard something similar, as in they only had 3 cameras to share around the 5-6 locations.... I also heard they only have 300 shots on the film reel, and they only change it every few days or so and not when it's full.... but all heresay....

bigwill wrote:yeh I read about the point to point system they are looking to introduce.

These are definitely coming in, and will be just like the ones they use in the UK at roadworks.... but I'm sure they'll use them in all speed zones, and probably trial roadworks sections... I saw some signs on the Ipswich Mwy. that said something like "Roadworks speedlimits will be enforced'

**There is a speed camera at the start clocking every car's speed and getting any over the limit - There is then another at the end doing the same... They then average your speed over the distance, and will ping you again, if they can.

You can potentially get done 3 times during the section passing only 2 mobile vans...
Last edited by Tarquin on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

Ellimist
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ellimist » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:13 pm

so much to say on this. but what needs to be focused on is driver education and warning drivers they are over the speed limit not worrying about a 1 or 2km/h over it. its beyond a joke because they don't fix the problem.

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:26 pm

Dang Tarquin....! That sounds bad!

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:29 am

just on unmarked vehicles....

I was tailed by one for 20 MINUTES on the way inbound from s'gate road thru the ICB and onto william jolly bridge. Rode on my ar$e for the entire time - was NOT impressed.Gunmetal, VW Golf, GTI.

Another going in the opposite direction was in Eagle Farm on Kingsford Smith Dr, Chrysler sedan (only knew that as it turned on the sirens and pulled over some poor sod.)
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

Chubb
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Chubb » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:37 am

Couple of years ago the day after I got my green P's I was followed from just over the Qld/NSW border by a landcruiser camera unit until I reached Ipswich I was paranoid I was doing something wrong the whole time.

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:08 am

Hahahahha I remember once I was in a one lane road behind one, and all I could do the whole time was stare into the barrel of this camera. lol freaky sh1t.

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:45 pm

Blakey wrote:its going south before nudgee, before where they have recently doneup the nudgee streach. that bridge that goes over to nudgee beach. its before that going south, slightly hidden, and no lines. they are not actually needed to get your speed. same as the NSW ones they dont have thoes lines.

but it does look brand new tho. so it may not be activated yet. as it does have no signs at all before it checked it again on my way home yesterday.

if your going past there keep an eye out for it. its right next to a Emergency phone.

Ok - Spotted this camera today.... It is a little odd though... and there are no signs at all either, but I did spot some trigger/detection pads cut into in each laneway (like at traffic lights)

I wonder if could be an average-ing camera... and there's another down the road... or before it near the Ent. Centre.

I noticed too they have adjusted the speed approaching that section down to 90km/h too.... Mmmmm Catch the un-observant
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.

Tarq's Paintshop

Return to “Queensland”