***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Qld police driving Ralliart Lancers!!

Local QLD State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

mechenggdude
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby mechenggdude » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:45 pm

Forget motorcyclists. What about cyclists! St Lucia is a nightmare to drive around in the mornings and afternoons.

There are purpose built bikeways, but they still use the damn road. On top of that, they can't get in trouble for deciding not to use it.

I am a cyclist who will use a bikepath when it is available.

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:54 pm

thats the problem Nikhil, people forget about motorcyclists...

ronald_mc_91
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ronald_mc_91 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:55 pm

i think its good to but... lets be fair motorcyclists arent always innocent theres a few idiots out there and then they wonder why they have an accident
2009 Mitsubishi lancer es sportsback

MODS:
- 17" black and silver rims
- Tinting
- PIONEER AVH-P4150DVD 7" MONITOR DVD Player
- Fusion Reactor 6.5" Component Speakers RE-CM650
- Fusion Reactor 6.5" 3 Way Speakers
RE-FR6530

mechenggdude
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby mechenggdude » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:01 pm

I don't have a problem with motorcyclists as they honestly don't hinder the normal motorist as much as a cyclist can. Motorcyclists are generally aware that if they screw around they will usally come off second best. That is a good thing if all motorcylists are aware of this. Its just the idiot motorcylists who don't give a rats that give motorcylists a bad rep.

Motorists need to be aware that some idiot motorcylists are on the road and be mindful of these sort of people.

ronald_mc_91
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ronald_mc_91 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:05 pm

that is a good point... but we have so many morons on motor bikes out here its not funny... i had a mate have a motorbike pull out in front of him and my mate hit him and the motor bike rider tried to pin everything on him. when the rider was in the wrong these things really make me annoyed with bike riders.

and with the cyclists i dont mind as long asthey ride in a single form not all over the place

MODS:

- Tinting

RE-FR6530

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:06 pm

Actually, we preach to motorcyclists that most car drivers do not pay attention, cannot drive, are ignorant of or do not obey rules, don't care if they hurt anyone, etc.. so, if you see a bike going faster than you, its more than likely that he only wants to worry about one direction and not have a car driver interfere with his three-second buffer behind.

Nothing I hate more than someone who thinks tailgating is ok, because yes we do come of second best... Reality is, a car is not going to out-brake a bike and a lot of car drivers forget this...

ronald_mc_91
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ronald_mc_91 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:12 pm

thats not always the case i always look in my rear view mirror to make sure everything is good behind me. i constantly see motor bike come flying up behind me overtaking me on a bend when theres trucks or other cars coming the other way as if there bullet proof doing bout 120+.

im not trying to bad mouth motorcyclists out there but there is a handful of riders that actually ride properly. how hard is it for them to rde properly

MODS:

- Tinting

RE-FR6530

mechenggdude
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby mechenggdude » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:14 pm

tryg you hit the nail on the head. Dynamically a bike is a lot different from a car.

Unfortunately, it will be a lot harder to teach all the motorists about the difference between a car and a bike. Due to the much smaller number of motorcyclists, I believe it would be a lot easier to make motorcylists aware of this difference.

I do however agree with the tailgating bit. It doesn't matter if vehicle in front of you is a car, truck or bike, the 3 second buffer is there for a reason.

vincentchua
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby vincentchua » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:58 pm

I disagree that a bike is going to outbrake a car. Having ridden a Yamaha R1 for the better part of 4 years (daily rider), I can tell you honestly that a bike just doesn't have the four wheel traction that gives cars better braking power.

and yes... there aren't too many riders out there who really know what they're doing... riding is far, far more difficult than driving a car and takes time to learn.
2008 Lancer Ralliart
Pipewerx Custom catback exhaust
Racing Dynamics 18x8" wheels
Chiptorque custom tune

----- Rice Rice baby! -----

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:40 pm

No worries Vincent... come watch me brake, I will out brake any stock lancer.. maybe not an EVO though...

I have been riding for 22 years and an endorsed riding instructor... am VP of a massive motorcycle club that has a racing and road-riding focus, I have seen bikes out brake cars... have also seen cars use bikes as hood ornaments... YOU might not be able to, I have seen people not even evolve to competence on a bike after 10 years let alone 4.... excuse me if I black-cat you...

@ Ronald.. your statement is whack.. why can't car drivers drive properly.. you wont see a bike rider eff-around with a mobile phone whilst riding.. eating a hamburger or drinking from a bottle...

Help fix the problems with drivers before complaining about 1% of the biking community....

I have never been in a motoring accident in 22 years (on the road)... I mustn't be included in your survey of bikers... sorry you feel that way about us.

ronald_mc_91
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ronald_mc_91 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:57 am

tryg well then you must be in the handful of decent riders. because all the morons i see shouldnt be riding. if you see the stuff i see every day you will know what im talking about...

i dont see them playing with phones and all that crap but i see them trying to be funny and doing wheelies. i see them holding cartons of beer while riding yes i do see that. how is that good riding? there playing with there lives aswell as ours ive always had bad experiences with bike riders apart from a few and this is my point of view so you dont have to take it so personally cause theres not much you can really do about it

MODS:

- Tinting

RE-FR6530

vincentchua
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby vincentchua » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:18 pm

tryg wrote:No worries Vincent... come watch me brake, I will out brake any stock lancer.. maybe not an EVO though...

I have been riding for 22 years and an endorsed riding instructor... am VP of a massive motorcycle club that has a racing and road-riding focus, I have seen bikes out brake cars... have also seen cars use bikes as hood ornaments... YOU might not be able to, I have seen people not even evolve to competence on a bike after 10 years let alone 4.... excuse me if I black-cat you...

Lol - Tryg - I'm sure you're a damned good rider, you have a 10 inch c**k etc etc and now everyone on the forum knows about it. If you're so damned good, why can't you outbrake an Evo?

But my point was that all else being equal, and that includes rider/driver skill level, cars will generally have a shorter stopping distance. Also bear in mind the margin for error in a car is much smaller than a bike.

Mate I'd appreciate you not having a go at my competence on a bike, given that you don't even know me.
2008 Lancer Ralliart

Pipewerx Custom catback exhaust

Racing Dynamics 18x8" wheels

Chiptorque custom tune

----- Rice Rice baby! -----

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:36 pm

I think that both cars and bikes are equally at fault. yes there are stupid people out there in cars and on bikes, that give a bad image to both. and that is all you see and hear about. cause the ones doing the right thing dont get noticed.

there are alot of people out there that do the right thing as a rider or a driver. they dont get noticed, the majority of seen are the stupid people that ruin the reputation of good drivers and riders.

just like everyone that says young drivers are bad. no not all young drivers are bad. only the ones you see are, cause the good ones dont get noticed,

the best noticed thing is the person doing the wrong thing.

just like at your place of work, what is the thing your boss bests notices?

is it all your good hard work you do, or the off occasion where you do something wrong.

and tryg is right a bike will most likely out brake a car. besides being so completely different. a bike weight what a 1/5 of a car if not less. a car has 4 brakes. standard 1 or 2 piston in each, where as most standard bike has 3-4 pistons. so the greater breaking force. plus just the incredibly less amount of weight a bike has to stop, it will break better.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:02 am

I'm confused.... I started to read this tail end of the thread thinking it was about Qld. Police using Ralliarts....?

Can we stay On-Topic Please.....
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

jolly_tas
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby jolly_tas » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:51 am

I heard somewhere that the QLD Police are using Raliarts!

Return to “Queensland”